Search results

1. VWGUY

Goodwill/SA/Thrift Store Discussions & Finds

Offerup score Bohlender & Graebener Model Z7 Picked up what I would refer to as one of my bucket list speakers last night for $70 I've been interested in having a set of these tweeters for ages. Over the years I've saw many tweeter shootouts and comparisons and these always seem to come out on...
  2. VWGUY

Display on Pioneer GR 777 not working properly

I don't know if you're still working on this but I just picked one up myself and have the same issue. I believe this is the issue. Originally on a vintage unit this would be hooked to tape out- tape out is a set voltage output. If you try to connect this to pre-out they are variable via the...
  3. VWGUY

Pioneer GR-777 spectrum analyzer/EQ. 12 bucks at Goodwill. Wow! Have these jumped in price.
  4. VWGUY

I rarely ever find Reel to Reel tapes, but when I do............
  5. VWGUY

found amp looking for info

I found an amp today and I would like some insight. I've been toiling with audio for years but I've never found anything tube. I don't see much about it online. It is a Mcmartin industries 65 watt amplifier model CM-65 I did plug it in, the power light came on and the two larger tubes had a...
  6. VWGUY

Snagged a pair of early Klipsch Heresy, early model, birch plywood cabinets. $47 GW after discount. Cabinets are rough all drivers work. Let me ask your opinion....... The cashier only rang me up for one @ $47 They were marked $59.99 each and I had a 20% coupon. As I was walking to my car...
  7. VWGUY

I picked up a 1934 Gibson-made Kalamazoo KG-11. I passed it up two different times before I realized it was worth the $12 They were asking for it. KG-11 means it was $11 back during the depression, today the going rate is $1,500-4,000
  8. VWGUY

Bucket list item for me...... JBL 4312's $240 @GW (Actually JBL L100's, was my bucket list item I'm going to call this close enough) I've been doing this almost 15 years- searching thrift shops, The L100's & AR3's are two items that have been on my bucket list since the beginning. I wish I...
  9. VWGUY

Found a minty pair of B&W 601 S2. $7.49
  10. VWGUY

Show Us Your Dinner! (Home Cooking ONLY please!)

Eye of chuck steak, scalloped potatoes and roasted brussel sprouts. I've heard a lot about these eye of chuck steaks, I've been told they're very similar to a ribeye. This is the first time I found one, and I would definitely agree it is very similar. Very meaty flavor, texture and tenderness...
  11. VWGUY

Chicken parmesan with homemade marinara. This is a recipe I learned from a very well-known chef in San Francisco. The key is how much Parmesan you put in your breading, I like at least 30-40%, The pounded chicken and the breading both have to be seasoned. I spent 20 years working in fine...
  12. VWGUY

Hifi vintage boom box?

I have what is considered by many the "Holy Grail" of collectible boomboxes the Sharp GF 777. (A few of them pictured above) Let me tell you straight up it sounds absolutely terrible!! Age may have something to do with that but I would say it sounds like a loud 80's Realistic clock radio that...
  13. VWGUY

Believe it or not, and the tonearm was actually taped down.
  14. VWGUY

It has a "search function" That I've never saw before. If the tone arm is queued up when you press the search button the tone arm moves One direction. The next time you push the button the tone are moves back the opposite direction. Kind of gimmicky but I think it's cool
  15. VWGUY

Found a Onkyo Integra cp-1057f turntable & Integra A-8057 @ GW. $29.99 for the integrated amp and $17.99 for the turntable. Turn table has some rather interesting functions, It's very heavy and I really like the gold platter. I did get 20% discount on both pieces.
  16. VWGUY

Watch this video in the link below, he's a great teacher. But yes it is cured overnight in one cup of kosher salt three cups of brown sugar. In the morning take them out rinse them off and let them dry preferably under a fan until they get a sticky skin. I smoke @ 175-200 degrees for around...
  17. VWGUY

6.5 lbs smoked salmon. Cured overnight then smoked with cherry wood for 6 hours with a guava/honey glaze. I FoodSaver vacuum bag them individually and freeze them, they're good for up to a year though they have no chance of making it that long.
  18. VWGUY

Ceviche tostadas with a cantellini bean puree.
  19. VWGUY

Asian style slow cooker pork roast Super simple Ingredients 1 3-4 lb pork roast 1 cup broth, beef or chicken 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar 1/4 cup soy sauce 2 TBSP honey 2 tsp minced garlic Put into the slow cooker, 4-5 hours on high, 7-8 hours on low. Once it's done you want to take out some of...
  20. VWGUY

French dip, This is something I've cooked 100 times, it's a recipe I found on Allrecipes "easy slow cooker French dip" 4 ingredients 1 can of French onion soup 1 can of broth or consummate 12-16 oz can or bottle of beer (I didn't use the entire pictured can) 3-4 pound roast, I get whatever...
  21. VWGUY

$20 after discount, how could I possibly turn that down. Sounds great controls are flawless, display is clean and bright. 20 years old now, $1,200 original MSRP. Will still decode Netflix and most streaming devices up to 7.1
  22. VWGUY

Sennheiser HD-598SR Open back over the ear headphones, $5.95 GW. Had to get the proprietary cable to test but was lucky to find out they are in perfect working condition. These really sound good and they are very comfortable. Couple of years ago I had found a pair of 650s, so this is my second...
  23. VWGUY

Handmade ravioli filled with, Italian sausage, prepared ricotta and spinach served over a homemade basic marinara. I couldn't stop there of course I had to serve homemade bread.
  24. VWGUY

JBL L20T bookshelf speakers, GW $32 after discount. One damaged corner, one missing grill but still couldn't pass these up. Got them home, The speaker with the damaged corner the tweeter was not initially working. When I opened it up it had come unplugged makes me wonder if that's the reason...
  25. VWGUY

Infinity Kappa 5.1 series ll, $32 GW They have been refoamed, a pretty messy job of it but they work excellent. I have a set of woofers for these. Very similar to Crescendo's, this is my 2nd pair of Kappa's & I have 2 pairs of Crescendo's.
Back
Top Bottom