Search results

1. J

Best foam surrounds for 15" CV speakers

Howdy- I have refoamed a couple sets of Cerwin Vega 15" woofers for some folks and the surrounds have both been just a little to large in diameter which makes it hard to get them in a neat circle when applying. They end up being slightly oval or out of round and it just isn't like it should be...
  2. J

IS 1212 Diode substitute in SX-727

On the amp board I saw this colored bead diode. On Marantz they have VD1212 which you put two 1N4148 together. Is this one like that or should I just use 1 diode to replace it ?
  3. J

16 OHM L-Pads for Heathkit AS-103A, AR-3a

I ordered Parts Express # was 260-254 L-Pads, but they are so large they won't fit close enough together so the shafts will come out of the hole in the cabinet. Are there any other 16 OHM L-pads that are a smaller size or do I just drill a new hole? Thanks Jackson
  4. J

Marantz 7 does the serial # tell when it was made?

One set of pots is marked 5928 and another is 5925 so it was probably made in the late summer or fall of 59, not sure how many managed to get out the door in 58, but it is a pretty early one I think.
  5. J

Marantz 7 does the serial # tell when it was made?

Hey Guys, I got a 7C . The serial Number is 11278. I read that they started at 10,000. So that makes mine the 1278th one built. I also read that they made around 130,000 total. With a number as low as 1278 was this one made in the first year if 1958? Thanks Jackson
  6. J

Foam Surrounds Norman Labs Model 7

Howdy- anyone know which size foam surrounds I should order to refoam Norman Labs Model 7 woofers? 12" woofer and diameter of cone is 9". Thanks
  7. J

What are my AR 10pi's worth?

Hey Guys, I got some 10pi they've been re-foamed & new grills made wondered what the value could be. I know AR3a are like around a grand these days I didn't know if these are more or less. Thanks Jackson
  8. J

pioneer SX-440 Tuner Board Germanium diode

Just recapped unit and replaced a bad transistor on the board in question. It functions now and brings in stations, but diode seems to go in and out- you can tap it and it works again- do not want to sell the unit until I am sure it functions 100% Thanks Jackson
  9. J

Correct- I just wrote the wrong thing- thanks
  10. J

Howdy all- I am restoring a Pioneer SX-440- nice little unit. All complete except for a question on the tuner board regarding the Germanium diode pictured in attachment. The board has W35-027A marked- it is not the same as the service manual schematic and my searches have not found any info...
  11. J

AU-111 Vintage 1999

Hey Guys, I read about these in Stereophile when they came out. The contact info they gave was a dead end to a repair center and I couldn't find a dealer. Do they ever turn up? I knew Sansui quit stereo production that year, might not have made very many.
  12. J

Does the 2252 share it's tuner with any other models?

My 2252 has a bad tuner and there hasn't been any for sale, are there any other models I can get one from? Thanks Jackson
  13. J

7C Hold down screw and Shipping info

I bought a 7C and had a friend pick it up for me. Looking through the book it has a hold down screw like a turntable. Is that screw captive, would it still be there? Can you get to it with the cabinet on, or should they be shipped separately ? I know Fishers will destroy the wood cabinet if...
  14. J

SX-650 vinyl cabinet repair, wood veneer?

I have a 650 in good condition except for the vinyl. I would like to put wood on it but there is 11 sides to do including the pillars . Is there a vinyl that looks original or is wood the only way to fix it? Thanks Jackson
  15. J

Marantz 7C 7T 10B

Marantz 7C 7T 10B Condition good original unrestored, some words worn away on front panel. All wood cabinets.
  16. J

C1384 Sub besides C2690? for Power Supply

Fixing up some Pioneer SX-434's They have a C1384 in the Power Supply. I'd like to save what C2690 and A1220 for drivers in nice amps so I was wondering if there was something else I could use in the PS. Thanks Jackson
  17. J

Little fuse Triac Q4025L6 discontinued what are people using for a power switch Triac now?

I bought 10 of these Triacs off of a power switch repair thread a couple years ago. Finally used them all, when I went to reorder I found out that they are discontinued. The person at Mouser said they found something similar for $7 a piece. about 4X as expensive if memory serves. What are you...
  18. J

2000A No stereo light, thought I had it! + parts crosses

You can hear it playing FM Stereo, and switch between FM Auto and Mono and hear it work Thanks Jackson
  19. J

2000A No stereo light, thought I had it! + parts crosses

I got a real nice 2000A I recapped and restored. No stereo light, put a KSA1013 in place of the 2SB324 that lights the light. Changed out C418 + C419 for wimas, and R419 1.2 meg according to C Hoffmans page, no light. then I was literally poking around the area of 1A and C422-D403-D406 and the...
  20. J

Sansui F-1180 board rebuild questions

Howdy- I am working on a Sansui 2000a- 1 channel is distorted- it has been recapped and all small signal transistors are replaced w/1845's. Using heath kit signal tracer the distortion seems to be coming from the F-1180 board. Wondering what the best subs for the metal can transistors are and...
  21. J

9842a cabinet question

Thanks for the input
  22. J

9842a cabinet question

Rig Right they are the studio version of 14s. Thanks will check it out
  23. J

9842a cabinet question

Try Trying In the morning thanks
  24. J

9842a cabinet question

Question on the protection circuit on the crossover board- a couple resistors and a diode are burnt on one board. Pics attached. I can't find a schematic for this anywhere. Any input appreciated. Thanks cabinet restoration coming along better than I expected fir a novice woodworker. All...
  25. J

9842a cabinet question

Single cut worked perfectly. Have both inner and center rings in place. Thanks will update progress with pictures and info soon.
Back
Top Bottom