Search results

1. S

Audire Audio Components

Moebuster! Thanks so much for uploading the product brochures for these beautiful pieces of equipment! So little is available. The input sensitivity spec of 1.2V on the Parlando explains an apparent lack of volume on a specimen I bought some years back.
  2. S

Coral 12TX-1 Triaxial Speaker Crossover

Hi, I know this thread is old but I recently picked up a pair of these drivers. I was looking at your schematic and comparing it to mine, and noticed the "Wax Capacitor" you cite is actually an inductor (value unknown) The electrolytic capacitor on mine is marked RO / 2 uF +-10% / 160WV.
  3. S

2017 Sansui Serial Number Database

Hi Pete! 6060,037020102,Saltydog
  4. S

Altec Coronado B—San Diego

Duuuude! you're ruining this...
  5. S

AK is 19 years old, so we're having a raffle.

Mar 5, 2013 WOW!
  6. S

Restoring KLH Twenty. Need Help

@ Kinsmen21, Hey I've been working on one of these off & on forever and have reached a point where I want to adjust the idle and balance the outputs. You actually have the service manual? I couldn't find it anywhere! If it goes over the idle adjustment setting, etc. I'd greatly appreciate a...
  7. S

Dynaco SCA-35 Restore

I measure 146 + 125 ohms on the L. side & 146.5 + 128 for the R.
  8. S

Dynaco SCA-35 Restore

Nope, too many fish to fry here. I bought the transformer and caps for it though. There are a lot of other issues with this SCA-35 though, and in the meantime I picked up another on the cheap, and yet ANOTHER with an FM-3 which are both in very nice original condition for a fair price. I was...
  9. S

KLH Model Twenty (20) Sizzling Transistor

Hmmm, I too, am working on this same machine. I too, am a bit over my head, but that's the reason I took up this project. To learn. :) I'm trying to diagnose my problem before attempting a repair, which is sidelining me quite a lot, but I'll be the fly on the wall for now, so as not to hijack...
  10. S

Thorens Td160 build

Wow! Really beautiful tables! I found this at a thrift store today for $4......:yikes: Time to get my vinyl game on! I haven't played around with it in decades.
  11. S

Citation V AC balancing

Thanks you guys, I still haven't gone back in on this. It's all solid advice and since I'm relatively green, I'll experiment with using the distortion analyzer. Just so I can understand this though, the point of the AC balance is to balance any differences arising from the 2nd gain stage/phase...
  12. S

Citation V AC balancing

Hi Brice, thanks for responding! Here's the vid. Mind you, the results this gentleman demonstrates are only one man's findings, but it seems to be the way to go for me since I have the same HP 8903a. I repeated the measurements for both channels before work this morning and noticed 2 things...
  13. S

Citation V AC balancing

Hi all, I've been playing around with a Citation V, I picked up a couple years ago, and have just now tried powering it up and doing a once over. It's un-restored, brought up slowly, and after a bit of examination, shows the voltages are reasonable. So, I put in some matching tubes, balanced the...
  14. S

Audire Audio Components

All of this nice to have in the 1 thread as far as I'm concerned. Since my last post, I now acquired a Legato preamp to go with it! The planar Audire speakers sound like a dream.
  15. S

Marantz Service Manual error thread

@ Bambi Hmmm, Mine doesn't have this. Also, is the diode inserting to junction of R709 & R711?
  16. S

Phase Linear DRS 900 question

Now, does anyone have a decent schematic?
  17. S

Phase Linear DRS 900 question

Hmmmm, Looky here!
  18. S

Dynaco SCA-35 Restore

That would be the silver lining! Thanks Dandy.
  19. S

Dynaco SCA-35 Restore

Well, I disconnected the power transformer altogether and I guess it's toast. It draws lots of current even at 5 VAC. :(
  20. S

Dynaco SCA-35 Restore

YES! That's good news for me, I measured 280 ohms plate to screen on that high plate, 145 for for the other. Pretty much the same. So maybe I'll be ok. Thanks a lot Dandy! That was an important spec for me.
  21. S

Dynaco SCA-35 Restore

Oh, and thanks to your reply on an ancient thread Peter!
  22. S

Dynaco SCA-35 Restore

I was already thinking I'd go with the EFB boards.
  23. S

Dynaco SCA-35 Restore

Hmmm, so do you think the power transformer is bad also? I was really more concerned about the output transformer.
  24. S

Dynaco SCA-35 Restore

Hello everyone, I've decided to toss my hat into this circle! I've recently purchased an SCA -35 whose seller told me he'd had it many years and was going to restore it, but just couldn't find the time. The price was right, so I brought it home and gave it a thorough inspection. So... this...
Back
Top Bottom