Search results

1. Decatur Greg

Switch schematics

I use two switches with my amp. One to switch between aux sources and one to switch between tape decks (monitor & source, with selectable source). The switches are old and not very high quality. The tape monitor switch is especially problematic. I was looking for a replacement for them but...
  2. Decatur Greg

Security camera system ideas?

Another vote for Arlo. I have both the cameras and lights. Up to five cameras are free on their cloud service, beyond that you have to subscribe... can't remember if anyone said that already... I think when you subscribe they're kept on the cloud longer too. That can change so best to go to...
  3. Decatur Greg

Report on World Tomato production.

Some varieties like Brandywine tomatoes have potato leaves. I'm growing black Brandywines this year... hopefully I can keep the squirrels away!
  4. Decatur Greg

It's the "Put A Smile On Your Face" thread, please contribute

Based on those pupils it looks like Luna got into the stash of acid too!!
  5. Decatur Greg

Grateful Dead tape score...

Thanks! Love your member name!
  6. Decatur Greg

I played it over the weekend. Great suggestion! Thanks!
  7. Decatur Greg

Hee hee... that would totally violate the spirit of the GD taping community. I figure the guy lost money on the deal as those Maxells were a couple of bucks each, even buying in bulk.
  8. Decatur Greg

A fellow Deadhead gave me a lead on Craig's List of someone selling their GD tape collection. Total of 384 cassettes with 360 of them GD tapes. Mostly soundboard recordings, all on chrome tapes and stored properly. Show dates range from 1966-1992. The remaining tapes are goodies like Allman...
  9. Decatur Greg

Whats up with Soundstage Direct?

I had always had a good experience with SSD previously. I wanted to give them 24 hours to reply to my email. No reply, so I disputed the charges with Citi this morning. They ask you some questions such as what was it that you bought. I did enjoy the reaction of the person on the phone when I...
  10. Decatur Greg

Whats up with Soundstage Direct?

Like others on this thread, I have ordered from SSD in the past and always got great service. I placed an order for two LPs and a record cleaner that all showed "in stock" on 6/29/18. Status of both orders is still "processing". I called today and the message says to contact their info email...
  11. Decatur Greg

It's the "Put A Smile On Your Face" thread, please contribute

Looks like someone watched Harold & Maude but couldn't afford a Jag... and lacked body work skills!!
  12. Decatur Greg

Have you calculated how much that SCORE really costs?

I agree wholeheartedly! You stated with one sentence what it took a whole article to convey... it's still a good read though. https://www.nytimes.com/2018/05/10/smarter-living/the-case-for-hobbies-ideas.html
  13. Decatur Greg

Saw Buddy Guy & Mavis Staples last night

It was a wonderful evening. Perfect weather at Wolf Creek Amphitheater in Atlanta. Mavis opened for Buddy and we arrived as she started a cover of Talking Heads Slippery People. Buddy walked through the crowd during one song and he was a couple of feet from us. Then he threw guitar picks...
  14. Decatur Greg

Happy Birthday to Decatur Greg!

Thanks everybody!! This is one of those magic years where my age and year of birth are the same. Last two digits of the year... I don't think I would want to live to be 1,959 years old! Well, maybe if I could re-sleeve every 40-50 years. :-)
  15. Decatur Greg

Marantz Jumpers

I think the 2325 is the same, you don't have to use jumpers. I know didn't have any problem before I took it in to be recapped and there were no jumpers on it. The tech said it was a good idea to use them anyway. I've had to take a couple of things back to him since then... so I'm not sure if...
  16. Decatur Greg

Marantz Jumpers

If you're referring to the pre amp to power amp jumpers I'm not sure, but there's nothing magic about them. In fact, I believe the inner contact is the only one that matters. Someone who serviced my 2325 just used two pieces of thick copper wire and bent it into a U shape to fit into the inner...
  17. Decatur Greg

R.I.P. Dave Brubeck

Spinning a reel of the time series I dubbed to tape to celebrate Mr. Brubeck's birthday. Including the 45 RPM version of Time Out... so much nicer than getting up every 5 minutes to flip the LP. You are missed Dave...
  18. Decatur Greg

Record Store Experience

Nothing to contribute other than when I opened this thread Twist & Shout started playing on the radio... blew my mind!
  19. Decatur Greg

Headphone Stands

I used to have a plastic bust of Beethoven that I used as a headphone stand. I think I had to fill the bottom with sand to give it enough weight to hold the phones.
  20. Decatur Greg

Anyone ever recapped a Lamborghini?

And once those caps start to leak... there goes your resale value!
  21. Decatur Greg

Decatur GA Motorola console, needs work

That's just down the street from me. I already have my father in law's console I need to fix before I bring another one home. They also have some JVC separates but they're black plastic. Here's a link to the sale with the address: https://www.estatesales.net/GA/Decatur/30033/1722771
  22. Decatur Greg

Anyone ever recapped a Lamborghini?

http://money.cnn.com/2017/11/06/technology/lamborghini-terzo-milennio/index.html "Lamborghini is working with engineers from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology on a new all-electric supercar that won't have batteries. Instead, the body of the Lamborghini Terzo Millennio concept car, made...
  23. Decatur Greg

Mindhunterson Netflix

I love this series! You know the characters are based on real FBI agents who started doing behavioral analysis? There's an episode where they start using the term serial killer... all this was very cutting edge at the time...
  24. Decatur Greg

Hey from Decatur, Il.

Greetings from the other Decatur! Welcome to AK
  25. Decatur Greg

What two Jazz albums should I capture on pro open reel?

I'd throw some Brubeck into the mix. Any of the "time" series would be good. Unsquare Dance is one of my favorite songs from those albums.
Back
Top Bottom