Search results

1. patra710

Teac 1500U dummy plug

Found a plug for an A-1200U that works. 2 pairs of the pins are shorted.
  2. patra710

HH SCOTT 370R ACC OUT & IN?

No it was the 370R. I sold this stereo a long time ago. I still not sure of what these are use for.
  3. patra710

JFET output on a tone amp

I do get a signal on Q601 & Q621 on the amp board. The trace on the scope goes off of the screen then comes down with the signal on it. I was just wondering how to measure it at the output of the amp board. When I got this Scott the right channel wasn't working. I powered it off and started...
  4. patra710

Thanks avionic, I did try that but will again.
  5. patra710

I'm working on a HH Scott R36S receiver. The output of the tone amp are JFET's. When I hook my scope up to them all I get is 26 volts, no signal even though I hear the tone on the speaker. I am putting in 1000 hertz. What am I doing wrong. Thanks
  6. patra710

KLH Model 52a Issues

Computer is acting up. This KLH is the same as the Scott that I am on. I am wondering who made these .
  7. patra710

KLH Model 52a Issues

I'm working on a HH Scott R36S receiver and was searching AK for information when this thread pop up.
  8. patra710

Yamaha AST-A10

Thanks. I just wanted to put a signal to it to see if it working. The manual calls for 6 ohm speakers and all I have is some 8 ohm dummy loads. But I don't think that will be a problem.
  9. patra710

Yamaha AST-A10

I pick up a Yamaha AST-A10 with a AST-KS1 cartridge in it. Can I test this amp with 8 ohm dummy loads? From what I have read, I can't just hook any old speakers to it, they must be Yamaha speakers made for the matching cartridge. Thanks
  10. patra710

Recap. But do it for the right reasons

Thanks, I like to think that I am doing the right thing when rebuilding these vintage units. I understand that everything is built to a cost. When replacing the big filter caps I will increase the capacitance by about 25%. I always wonder if I should the same in the power supply and with other...
  11. patra710

Filter Capacitors

I go to the plumbing section of the hardware store. The have lots of rubber fittings in many sizes. I bring the new cap and the clamp with me and find one that works. You may have to cut it a little but always get a good tight fit.
  12. patra710

Recap. But do it for the right reasons

I am one who is quick to recap. But I do question just what am I doing. When the engineers who design these, they did more then just the math and look at the specs and graphs. They sit down and listen to it. Why did they choose one brand of caps over another brand? And why did they use tantalum...
  13. patra710

Yamaha TC-720 cassette deck problem

I am glad that you got it working. I make my videos more for selling on Ebay. I like to show what kind of work I did when selling. I think this deck sold in about 8 hours after listing it. It is a very nice deck. I got my speed test tape from some guy on Ebay. He claim to record it on a very...
  14. patra710

Yamaha TC-720 cassette deck problem

I did do a youtube video on this deck. Maybe it will help.
  15. patra710

Micronta Dynamic Transistor Checker - Good?

These little testers are handy but they operate on a small battery. The outputs that you are testing will work on a much larger voltage and current then your tester can give. If you are trying your hand at repairing you should search the forums here for you amp. There is a lot of information...
  16. patra710

Oscilloscope Basics Part 4: Square wave testing and analysis

I am one who believes in recapping vintage equipment. One of the first things that I do is put a square wave through it. 80% of the time a recap cleans up the square wave. I can find very little information on this test.
  17. patra710

Brand names fool a lot of people

I took the covers off to clean and oil them and check that the belts were good. They are the same machine. I goolge both of them to read the reviews, the Nikamichi sound just OK. The Sony has far better electronics in it and can do so much more then just change disc.
  18. patra710

Brand names fool a lot of people

I think this is kind of funny. I listed two 200 disc CD changers on Ebay. One is a Nikamichi and the other is a Sony. Both are made by Sony. The Nikamichi is a very basic changer, it just changes disc. The Sony has all of the bells and whistles a much better machine. The Nikamichi has lots of...
  19. patra710

Circuit board cleaner?

I use a shop-vac and duct tape a small hose to the one of the attachments, like a fish tank hose. Then use windex or simple green with a acid brush and scrub down the board staying away from the pots and coils. Get it nice and wet. Then vacuum it off. I do this a couple of times. Then let dry. I...
  20. patra710

Teac 1500U dummy plug

Skywavebe is always quick to anwser any time I post on tapeheads and I always respect his input. There is really no information on the a-1500u. I paid $5 to just answers and the tech there said his sources said that just the 1 & 2 pins should be shorted which the plug from the a-4010 is. Maybe...
  21. patra710

Teac 1500U dummy plug

Thanks guys. The tread in tapeheads is mine and I can't find a service manual for the 1500U. The simple things can drive one crazy.
  22. patra710

Teac 1500U dummy plug

Hi. I just pick up a Teac 1500U reel to reel that is missing its dummy plug. I got the service manual for the 1500 but the 1500U is a little different. The 1500 has a 4 pin socket and the 1500U has a 8 pin socket. I do have a Teac A-4010 that I took the dummy plug out of and tried it in the...
  23. patra710

Teac A-1500u Rtr !

I just pick up a 1500U that was missing the shorting (dummy) plug. If you still have yours can you tell me which pins are shorted in that plug, Thanks
  24. patra710

Now for something a little different: Zenith MC 7051

I pick one of these up at an auction the other day. The face plate was off and the cover was off. No knobs were with it. Someone had jumpers connected from place to place. I got it just to see if I'm good enough to get it working. I only gave a couple of bucks for it. And there is a service...
  25. patra710

JVC stereo slide controls

I recapped it and everything is working and sounding great. Not a big fan of the slide volume, I keep grabbing the tuning knob to change the volume.
Back
Top Bottom