Search results

1. Kenneth Cooke

What is your favourite ECM album

Maybe this could be widened to include ECM New Series. The music produced by one time bass player Manfred Eicher on the ECM label, which if you did'nt know stands for Editions of Contemporary Music, is very hard to categorise and I think that makes this Munich based company so interesting. I...
  2. Kenneth Cooke

Can you recommend a female vocalist, sultry, piano bar style

Norma Winstone on "Well Kept Secret" ref ENOCD-003 and Susanne Abbuehl on "Compass" ECM 987 1934
  3. Kenneth Cooke

Today's JAZZ playlist

Keith Jarrett Live at the Blue Note with Gary Peacock and Jack Dejohnette ECM 6 CD set ECM 1575/80
  4. Kenneth Cooke

Magnum Dynalab MD90

I bought a Magnum Dynalab FM tuner last spring- it certainly matches and betters everything I have had before. As yet not too well known in the UK- what is the reaction to MD elsewhere? Kenneth- West Yorkshire UK
  5. Kenneth Cooke

Michell Gyrodec turntable opinions - please.

Nottingham Analogue Stodio can be found on the following http://www.aslgroup.com/nottingham/index.htm Regards- Kenneth West Yorkshire UK
  6. Kenneth Cooke

What TT's do you folks have

Nottingham Analogue Spacedeck- RB300- Micro Benz Cart- superb Regards Kenneth- West Yorkshire UK
  7. Kenneth Cooke

Michell Gyrodec turntable opinions - please.

Hi- I looked at the Gyrodec or a Gyrodec in Spider form when I upgraded my 30 year old system in 2006, you will see by this I do not change hi fi lightly, however the Nottingham Analogue Spacedeck fitted with a Rega RB300 and a Benz Micro cart was far superior and about the same price. I should...
  8. Kenneth Cooke

Fovourite ECM album right now?

I am totally sold on the above German label put out by Manfred Eicher. The recording quality, the presentation and total marketing are superb. I have about 400 titles 35% on vinyl. I often buy blind, I have never been dissaponted and furthermore get this, I am not a jazz fan, I don't own any...
  9. Kenneth Cooke

What TT's do you folks have

Nottingham Analogue Studio Spacedeck Recently upgraded from a 401 with an SME3009 fitted with Shure V15-3 70's bling to the above NAS with a Rega RB300 fitted with a Micro Benz Ace Clear. Stunningly beautiful un coloured reproduction. It's a whole different world wonderful Regards Kenneth-...
  10. Kenneth Cooke

Best/Coolest Looking Tuners

Magnum Dynalab It;s funny you should say that I have just bought a Magnum Dynalab MD90. I went for the black version which is not really like me, my Nikon is chrome, but somehow this tuner looked right in black. Superb performance operating in a hilly part of Yorkshire wonderfully clear on all...
  11. Kenneth Cooke

I'm not sure this format will catch on

Seen in Berlin
  12. Kenneth Cooke

Continuing FM saga

your welcome to come and listen to mine but I live in Yorkshire so it's maybe to far hands across the pond and all that Kenneth
  13. Kenneth Cooke

T-1 Dies

Yamaha T2 A guy near London has a silver T2 for sale- check out www.vinylengine.com. His name is Brian Clark Kenneth- Long live FM
  14. Kenneth Cooke

Continuing FM saga

Well the Yamaha T2 tuner arrived on Friday. I eagerly unpacked it and switched on. A vague signal could be heard which I asume was BBC Radio 3 but then for no apparant reason the signal meter registered no signal at all. I tuned through the entire FM band and I was not able to register any...
  15. Kenneth Cooke

Yamaha T2

I have been looking for an FM tuner to replace my ageing Quad FM3. I found this Yamaha T2 on a UK vinyl forum. Anyone used one of these?
Back
Top Bottom