Search results

1. fahfisher500

Terry DeWick Retiring In Two Years!!

Sorry, I saw that this was already posted elsewhere on this forum. According to the Dewick repairs website, Terry Dewick died on 3/1/24. He did a great job restoring my Fisher 500c some years ago. RIP.
  2. fahfisher500

What are you Listening To Right Now? - and more

Tonight’s playlist
  3. fahfisher500

They may be old, but they still can rock!
  4. fahfisher500

While we are doing cars, here’s mine!
  5. fahfisher500

How do I play my iPhone (Pandors) through my 500C

I have done this three ways. The simplest and cheapest way is described in the first reply, a phone to aux wire adaptor, it worked fine for me but drains the phone battery. Then I got the Audioengine bluetooth device as linked by Masonavenut above. Works well but more expensive, I now use that...
  6. fahfisher500

tonight’s rotation
  7. fahfisher500

New Dual turntables vs vintage Dual

I have been using a Dual 1237 turntable (as part of my now very vintage system of Fisher 500c and Advent/1 speakers) since I bought it new in the 1970's. No real issues over the years and only minor maintenance required from time to time. I really like the full automatic action, but would be...
  8. fahfisher500

Fisher 500B Channel Imbalance

I had a similar problem with my 500c. I bought a replacement new on/off volume pot on the large online auction site and it was easy to solder in. That worked for me and was easy to do if you have even rudimentary electrical skills like me. Just make sure to read the safety information on this...
  9. fahfisher500

New Hum in my Fisher 500c

I've rearranged the location of the power, input and speaker wires, put in some new Tung-sol power tubes and haven't had any hum since. I'll wait and see it holds. Thanks for all the advice.
  10. fahfisher500

I don’t really know what Terry did exactly, but he told me he did something to make the power tubes run cooler and prolong their life because of the increased voltage in houses today compared to the 1960’s. I’m afraid that what you are recommending exceeds my electrical knowledge and ability...
  11. fahfisher500

12. fahfisher500

Back
Top Bottom