Search results

1. S

Learning to Fly

It's a funny comparison because none of them are necessarily the most popular or the best song from any of the bands.:dunno: But I have to go with Petty because I got hooked on him thanks to guitar hero back in the day.
  2. S

Ugghhh....Wife REALLY hates my cornwalls

Cover speakers with matching table cloths and stop staring at them
  3. S

Quality drop in replacement for k-24?

If considering resale best to find a k24 or go with crites. Off brand woofers rarely help sales. If they were mine I would begin to upgrade to H3s starting with k28 woofers.
  4. S

Klipsch chorus ii : would anyone know why this speaker line was discontinued

Would you care to share the foundation for your opinion?
  5. S

Newly Klipsch'd: Forte II's w/Crite

Why do you refer to them as "mid-fi"? Many people say the forte and forte ll are the most balanced klipsch from the extended heritage line. They weren't cheap when new $1400 msrp. Where does this leave the khorn? Just a transistor radio I suppose.
  6. S

My new-to-me LaScalas!

How cosmeticly challenged are they? For some the distressed look is it. Strip the black and fix any places deemed too bad to live with, then give them a matte finish clear coat. Save your money for the electronic side of things. High end crossovers and new drivers have been the most rewarding...
  7. S

Heresy II, Blown Woofer. Replacement Suggestions

What the **** were you doing to blow a k24? they're tough as hell. it would be good to find another k24. If you change to k28, which is a good idea, it will require crossover changes. A pair of H2 to H3 conversion kits would be my recommendation.
  8. S

Crites vs ALK crossovers- opinions for a Forte I update

What's wrong with clarity caps and 12 ga air core inductors?
  9. S

Modified Forte 1 Upgrades-Bob Crites Autotransformers and Titanium Tweeters

If these speakers were so great why was the crossovers parted out and the speakers sold on ebay last year?
  10. S

How do you decide?

Talk about dejavu I had a very simular experience. Bought black lascalas and the wife liked them better than fortes. All is good so far. Found Belles. Wife likes them too. So I tried a lascala as a center between the Belles and that when the chit hit the fan. The wife asks me if the Belles were...
  11. S

Webcor 1133

I've got about 50 hours on this amp now. And have tried different preamp tubes. 12at7 is what's on the schematic. I have few 12au7s and several 12ax7s to swap around. Are there any power tubes that might work there? El34? 6L6? On the chassis I covered the on/off light with a red lens and the...
  12. S

Webcor 1133

Caps are in now and shot the pots w/ deoxit. This past weekend I threw a cab together. It is hooked up to a klipsch lascala and although not earth shattering loud it sounds surprising good. No hum or scratchy pots. I pulled the phone tube and it seems the other input gained a few dB.
  13. S

Serial Number Puzzler

Are those by chance the siginture edition?
  14. S

Webcor 1133

Ok, I have caps on the way. I spent yesterday moving the controls to a more convenient location. All the resistors are in spec and with the tubes out the main transformer is putting out 220 on each leg and over 400 across the two. The tubes appear to be original, a pair of 6v6s , 12at7, 12ax7...
  15. S

Webcor 1133

16. S

Webcor 1133

It's an early 50s fonograf. I picked it up for the tubes and amp. It needs a recap before I try to pass a signal though it. Do you guys have a prefered vender for replacing the old paper and lytics? The power supply uses a 15 and two 35 uf and there are 4 .05 uf caps. All caps need to be rated...
  17. S

Which first? Crossovers or new Mid driver (A-55G Driver)

Personally I find the Ti. Tweets somewhat harsh. My old ears drop out around 15k so I don't necessarily need the extension that the Ti has. However crites probally offers the best drop in replacement diaphragm available out side of Klipsch themselves.
  18. S

Which first? Crossovers or new Mid driver (A-55G Driver)

The caps used in the chorus are not the same as the oil filled caps that were used in the big heritage models. They are not the type that dries out and drifts out of spec. Changing and you will lose the original klipsch sound. Now many have changed caps in those speakers and reports a liking...
  19. S

Adding weight to passive radiators...feedback

There are always tradeoffs. Lengthening ports or weighting the passive reduces woofer efficiency. This normally means the mids and highs are elevated. Klipsch are regarded my many to be bright enough already. How is reducing the woofer output beneficial? Why does Moray have the only Hereseys...
  20. S

Ahh the old car analogy, somehow makes it all true. Horsepower? are you talking about amplifiers or speaker sensitivity? Suspension analogies would more correctly be compared to cornering. Tell me does a car handle better on good roads with the driver alone or when loaded to maximum gross...
  21. S

The suspension of the passive was not designed to carry an extra 2.5 ounces. Maybe on a new passive it would work, but on a 30 yo speaker your just asking do damage something that is getting harder to find suitable replacements. If you need more bass add a sub. Personally I find the bass even...
  22. S

La Scala on Oahu

https://honolulu.craigslist.org/oah/msg/5932702419.html Those are Bells. reasonably priced if on the mainland.
  23. S

Klipsch showing new speakers on Facebook

I am trying to decide if it is worth ruining my credit score to get a pair of forte III.
  24. S

Klipsch Chorus II

In the spirit of PWK I call BS. https://community.klipsch.com/index.php?/topic/165484-klipsch-chorus-ii-uniontown-pa/#comment-2045739
  25. S

Klipsch RF-7

I had 30 seconds of Muskrat Love on the LaScalas :oops:
Back
Top Bottom