Search results

1. richinnc

Noisy Kenwood KA-5002

Hi All, I picked up a Kenwood KA-5002 with the right channel out and have been working on it for the past couple days. While initially testing the amp all of a sudden there was a plume of smoke and several of the transistors on the amp board fried. I replaced them with suitable substitutes and...
  2. richinnc

Pulsing Sig. Strength Meter on H/K 730

I haven't posted on AK in a while, but I have an issue that's got me really scratching my head. A Harman Kardon 730 I picked up a few weeks ago works and sounds fantastic. FM picks up stations great, however on stations with mediocre or weak signal, the "quieting" or signal strength meter...
  3. richinnc

Sears 570 Receiver?

So I'm perusing online the other day and happen on a vintage Sears ss receiver that looks rather interesting. Well, I won it and just got it the other day. It's a Sears model 570.74100202 and I can't find a single thing online about it nor can I find any previous ones sold on eBay. I decided...
  4. richinnc

Lafayette LR-3500 Power Issue

Hi all, I recently picked up a Lafayette LR-3500 receiver that has some power supply issues (or an issue with too much current draw on the power supply). Initial testing revealed that the volume on one channel was fuzzy and down a bit from the other, and the tuner was acting odd. I also...
  5. richinnc

Newest Additions

Within the past few days I've purchased two vintage Lafayette receivers, an LR-1500T and a LR-1100. The LR-1100 I picked up at a local flea market for $10. The seller said it had a lot of scratchiness in the controls and only one channel worked. After a bit of Deoxit on the pots and switches...
  6. richinnc

Function Generator - 50 ohms vs. 600 ohms

Hi all, I have a quick question I'm hoping some of the tech types on this forum can help me out with. I worked on audio equipment and TV's many years ago and have just recently gotten back into vintage audio. I picked up an oscilloscope (which I'm basically learning to use all over again...
  7. richinnc

Realistic STA-225 Help Needed

Hi All, I recently picked up a Realistic STA-225 receiver off Craigslist. All seemed well at first, it powered up, most of the dial lights came on, and I had audio in my headphones. All the controls seemed to work ok so I hooked up a set of KLH speakers (after checking offset, which was around...
  8. richinnc

Sherwood S 7100A Help Needed

Hi all, I'm still relatively new here at Audiokarma so hoping this is the correct forum for a question I have. Picked up a Sherwood S 7100a in need of repair. Right channel was full of static and distortion and just bumping the chassis caused all sorts of noise. Found a ckt. board lam had...
  9. richinnc

Introductions

Just wanted to say hi and introduce myself to the Audiokarma folks. I've just gotten back into vintage stereo gear, finally yesterday hooking up a NAD 7140 with a set of Altec Lansing Model 1 speakers. I cannot believe the sound difference between this and my Pioneer HT system..... like night...
Back
Top Bottom