Search results

1. B

EPI M201 8" woofers

I recently acquired a pair of EPI M201's, I noticed when I got them home that one of the top 8" woofers was completely seized :( After removing it from the cabinet, it appears the magnet became disconnected from the basket and tore the voice coil to shreds. I'm aware of the Human Speakers...
  2. B

Sansui 5000A strange amp boards

Working on a friends newly acquired 5000A and it appears to have aftermarket amp boards with totally different topologies than the F-1040 or F-6013 boards normally found in a 5000A. They use MJ4035 and MJ4032 darlington output transistors (the right channel OT's are fried). There was a tiny...
  3. B

Yamaha M80 repair

Working on a friends M-80 that was re-capped and had the infamous glue completely cleaned and all local corroded components replaced. It was working fine until recently, when the left channel went out. First thing I did was unsolder all 8x output transistors to test out of circuit, all...
  4. B

Sansui 9090db cycling in/out of protection

Hello, I've got a lovely 9090db I'm working on that is showing some odd signs I'm hoping someone has dealt with before. To start, the unit had no output in the left channel, I found 2 defective output transistors and 1 bad transistor on F-2624 (TR05). It's worth noting I tested all transistors...
  5. B

Eight Deluxe power supply board issues

Greetings! I recently started having problems with my 8D, the relay intermittently kicks out and quickly back in at seemingly random times. I've been meaning to re-cap this receiver for quite some time so I went ahead and did so (all except tuner boards), hoping it would alleviate the issue (it...
  6. B

Looking to add warmth

I'm looking for a solution to add warmth/richness or "emotion" to my rig. Currently the sound is what I would describe as dry/uninvolving, very accurate, but not pulling me in per say. At the moment I'm using a HTPC running high bitdepth tracks via USB into a Wyred DAC2 being used as a pre...
  7. B

Sansui Model 8 Deluxe Help!

Hello, I was volunteering at a local electronics scrap drive recently and an older gentleman drove up with a van full of old computers/tv’s/audio equipment, upon which I noticed an old Sansui receiver and some Altec speakers. I’ve been heavily into audio for the last ten years, but never...
Back
Top Bottom