Search results

1. BATLWGN

Technics SA-202 receiver review/info?

OK.. newbie question... I have seen many comments on how the pressboard bottom is such a negative thing. Why is that? Do the metal chassis help cool the unit better, or something along those lines?
  2. BATLWGN

Technics SA-DX930 volume pot

No, it isn't a fried bacon sound. When I first noticed something might be amiss, it was the typical static only when rotating the volume knob, which made me think it just needed cleaned. It is only one channel that is causing an issue. The right channel has cut out pretty much completely...
  3. BATLWGN

Technics SA-DX930 volume pot

Sorry if this is the wrong sub forum, but I figured it would be this or Home Theater & Video. I have a SA-Dx 930 that I am pretty sure the volume pot went out on. I had static on the right channel at first, then it cut out on lower volumes all together. Wiggle the volume knob and it would...
  4. BATLWGN

Eggs and Macaroni & Cheese

My additional item to that list is cole slaw.
  5. BATLWGN

Show us your Technics stuff

Nothing fancy at all, but still a big Technics fan. Here is my current setup. ST-8011 tuner SU-8055 amp SL-B 350 turntable SL-PD 887 CD changer SA-160 receiver SA-DX 930 for home theater
  6. BATLWGN

What Record Are You Hearing Now?

7. BATLWGN

Mid-fi, Hi-fi... Difference?

For Hi-Fi, you need the TK421 which kicks it up, i dunno, another 3 or 4 quads per channel. :D https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A6DRZlytJpQ
  8. BATLWGN

Hello from West Michigan!

Howdy from another Westsider! :D
  9. BATLWGN

What Record Are You Hearing Now?

10. BATLWGN

Pilot Stereo Tube Amp Console - Pontiac Michigan

Aw, late to the party... if only I lived on that side of the state. :D Congrats on the find.
  11. BATLWGN

OMG! Which Singer's Voice Makes You Want To Put A Nail Into Your Temple?

I maybe missed it, but I can not believe Mick Jagger hasn't been mentioned. IMO, he couldn't sing his way out of a paper bag. The timbre of his voice and his intonation are attrocious.
  12. BATLWGN

My latest plunder from the good ol' USA.

Not true. :no: Although if someone wants to donate one my direction, I would gladly join the owners list. :D
  13. BATLWGN

Best Burger Ever!!!

I agree with this, but I would go the route of a typical turkey Reuben. Add cole slaw instead of sauerkraut.
  14. BATLWGN

KR-4070 Stereo light question

Sorry if this has been answered before, but I couldn't find it while searching, but..... is the stereo light supposed to come on when switched to other inputs, or is it only functional for the tuner? It is only on when listening to FM. Thanks! :D
  15. BATLWGN

The original Scooby Doo Cartoons.

Speed Buggy was already answered, but the talking shark was Jabberjaw.
  16. BATLWGN

Today's classical playlist

Johan de Meij: Symphony No. 1 - "The Lord of the Rings" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zw6nLSbhrMY
  17. BATLWGN

Audiokarma Needs your support !!!!!

I didn't think a 2 month old thread classified as a zombie thread. I would expect maybe at least a 2-3 YEAR old thread. :D
  18. BATLWGN

New to vintage

Thanks to the condolences. :thmbsp: And I meant to reply to this when posted, by man, does time fly. These are very valid points and I have been trying to do a little speaker placement, but I have very limited movement as I have an odd shaped living room. Good advise through the...
  19. BATLWGN

Ugly cars Pre-1990

I would have to disagree with you on this one. I actually like the lines of the '62s. Although it does look better in drag trim:
  20. BATLWGN

Trivia Question / Challenge

Far from vintage, but my Technics has the tuning in the lower left.
  21. BATLWGN

Ugly cars Pre-1990

No, I think Cadillac's lowest was the wonderful version of the Cavalier - i.e. the Cimarron: This is my latest idea of ugliness - Lotus Elite:
  22. BATLWGN

New to vintage

Very valid point, thanks! Well, I received the Technics today. And looking at the Kenwood more, it definitely has the power switch problem, since I get sound out of the speakers when they are hooked up to "A" but the switch is on "B"....but I have sound (don't touch the switch)...
  23. BATLWGN

My new best friend for amp and preamp testing

Looks to be a Eurorack UB802
  24. BATLWGN

New to vintage

Yeah, I am hoping it isn't going to be anything major.
  25. BATLWGN

New to vintage

Thanks! and I have already checked the DC offset thread. It came packaged perfectly, but I did come across this thread about the power switch problem before purchase: http://www.audiokarma.org/forums/showthread.php?t=405741 So I get home from work and find the box on it side. Ugh, hope that...
Back
Top Bottom