Search results

1. Pootybear

AK is 19 years old, so we're having a raffle.

2. Pootybear

Magnavox 8802 power switch

Thanks for the info. Does anyone have a picture of there 8802 power switch wiring from switch to transformer. Also, is there a way to wire it so it reduces the house voltage (like the 9302 where it uses part of the transformer as a bucking load or something like that). Thanks again.
  3. Pootybear

Magnavox 8802 power switch

I need to put a power switch on this amp. I've done this to two 9300's but I can't find any info or pics of how to do it on an 8802. If anyone can help, I will be grateful. Pooty
  4. Pootybear

What TT's do you folks have

I just added an Audax 16" tonearm for my GE VRII.
  5. Pootybear

Thank you. It turned out better than I thought it would.
  6. Pootybear

Technics sp-15 with homemade plinth and Rega rb-202 with Pebbles weight. The plinth is four layers of MDF with Formica top and walnut veneered sides. Just finished it this morning. I think it's around 40 pounds as pictured. Now I just need a 12 inch arm for the left side.
  7. Pootybear

It still needs paint and a new plinth, but it sounds great.
  8. Pootybear

The SL-110/Sl-1100 and SP owners club.

I'm just wondering why someone would take them off in the first place. What purpose does it serve.
  9. Pootybear

The SL-110/Sl-1100 and SP owners club.

What's up with the missing feet. There are three tables for sale on the auction site right now, and all are missing their feet. Was this a normal thing to do, remove the feet.
  10. Pootybear

These are my current three tables: AR XA with oak base, Rega rb250, Vinyl Nirvana springs and pulley, Denon Dl-160, and decorative corner protectors. Musicmaster "Point Two" with Walnut veneered base, G.E. VRII, and N.O.S. Rystal-MR V-12 tonearm. And a Technics Sl-1100 with gloss black...
  11. Pootybear

DCM timewindows 1A

I just got a pair of TW 3's at a local thrift store. My first DCM speakers, and I am impressed. The previous owner must not have known what banana plugs are, because they had put bare wire into the sockets and secured them with wood screws!!
  12. Pootybear

Well I finally got an arm rest and fashioned a replacement hold down out of leather, also got a round base for the tonearm. I just love the round base. Installed the Denon 160 and It sounds better on the 303 than the Rega 250 that it was on. This arm just sounds wonderful. Also, I have...
  13. Pootybear

Empire 208 with Micro Trak 303. I just finished it today and it sounds much better than I expected. The arm looks like it was designed for the Empire. Just need to find an original arm rest. I'm using a Pioneer rest for the moment.
  14. Pootybear

Light bulbs!!!

Light bulbs on my local craigslist... https://asheville.craigslist.org/ele/6069245087.html
  15. Pootybear

It was the at least twice the thickness of the tonearm thrust plate. The spindle measures 2 and...

It was the at least twice the thickness of the tonearm thrust plate. The spindle measures 2 and 3/8ths inches from ball to where it goes into the platter.
  16. Pootybear

L&G P-41 Turntable

Looks like a Pioneer Pl-41 with a few changes.
  17. Pootybear

That is the tall XB spindle thrust plate, right.

That is the tall XB spindle thrust plate, right.
  18. Pootybear

Thanks for the quick response. How much for the platter and tonearm thrust bearings, and how do...

Thanks for the quick response. How much for the platter and tonearm thrust bearings, and how do I pay you.
  19. Pootybear

Hi Marc, I'm still needing my XB arm Marcmorinified, just waiting to have enough extra money...

Hi Marc, I'm still needing my XB arm Marcmorinified, just waiting to have enough extra money. Just wondering if you sell or know anyone who sells XB platter thrust pads. I think I lost mine today, but will tear the basement apart if need be. Thanks for all that you do to keep these wonderful...
  20. Pootybear

Whos still listens to Am and what program are do you listening/listen to?

Coast to Coast AM with George Noory when I'm driving to work at 4:30am.
  21. Pootybear

Wright Sound wla 12a preamp help needed

Can you take a picture of one of the phono stages
  22. Pootybear

The picture of the back reminded me to tell you not to flip the gain switch with the power on. I thought I blew my amp and speakers the other day when I did that. It sent my Denon 4400s into protection.
  23. Pootybear

Hey John, just checked the voltage and got 267. Seems like a weird number but that's what it was. I let it warm up for about 2 minutes if that makes a difference, which I wouldn't think it would.
  24. Pootybear

I'll try to get it measured tomorrow after work. Having a few beers at the moment. I am going to replace the Chinese 6sn7's, any suggestions.
  25. Pootybear

Hey John, here's some pics.
Back
Top Bottom