Search results

1. corpblues

Telefunken Magnetophon 85 reel to reel recorder

I installed new belts. There is no disassembly required to replace the belts. It plays great with new belts. Amazing how well it works, 1959 German engineering is impressive.
  2. corpblues

Telefunken Magnetophon 85 reel to reel recorder

Another estate sale find that I was too weak to pass on.. I picked up a Telefunken Magnetophon 85 reel to reel recorder, because who doesn't need a tube reel to reel recorder in a suitcase? It was DOA but after putting a new fuse in, it started right and and seems to work. The belts are...
  3. corpblues

Best Portable Cassette Tape Recorders

Thanks I’ll watch that listing. I’m cheap and hoping to find one for less.
  4. corpblues

Post a Picture of your Tape Deck - Decks

TEAC PC-10 Stereo Portable Cassette Recorder & Teac PA-2 Power Adaptor It is working great after replacing the counter belts which were very easy to replace as they are just under the top cover. Looking for the service manual as I would like to also replace the drive belt but it is more...
  5. corpblues

Best Portable Cassette Tape Recorders

I picked up a TEAC PC-10. Seems to be a great build and working great after replacing the counter belts. I can't figure out how to replace the drive belt. Anyone happen to have a scan of the TEAC PC-10 service manual?
  6. corpblues

Plano TX Nak 600 TEAC RTR Yamaha tuner, integrated amp, speakers Sony CD

i replaced the two small counter belts, which was very easy other than cleaning the goo from the old belts. Took some effort to get the residual goo off the pulley wheels but the deck works great now! I also have a new drive belt but it appears a lot of disassemblely is required to get to it...
  7. corpblues

Thanks! I noticed the tape counter is not working. Seems to be the only thing not working.
  8. corpblues

I bought the TEAC PC-10 and found the TEAC PA-2 Power Adaptor for sell seperately in a different room. Probably paid too much and not sure what I'll do with it long term. It does work and sounds great. However, after playing a tape the auto stop started triggering too easily. Guess it needs...
  9. corpblues

Calling all SonicS Speaker owners!

come get them!
  10. corpblues

No I did not recap them. I ended up selling them. I collect a lot of vintage gear and end up...

No I did not recap them. I ended up selling them. I collect a lot of vintage gear and end up selling most of it. Have to keep my hoard down as much as possible lol.
  11. corpblues

Viking Full Fidelity 76 Reel to Reel Stereo Tube Amplifier Tape Deck

Bought a tube reel to reel off Facebook marketplace for $25 because I saw it was a tube based deck. There was not an external label so I had to open it up to find it is a Viking 76 Reel to Reel Stereo Tube Amplifier Tape Deck. I’ve never heard of a Viking reel to reel before. The motor...
  12. corpblues

Today's Speaker ID

I lucked upon a pair of Electro-Voice 12" Wolverine LS-12 Loud Speakers in wood cabinets. I took a chance on buying a pair of vintage speakers with no idea what was inside. My chance paid off, and I am pretty impressed with them. Currently running them with a Harmon Kardon tube receiver.
  13. corpblues

Vintage pioneer speaker id Pioneer CS-8B

My experience is same as your, they should nice but not a lot of low end as volume increases. They do sound nice at low to mid volume. I just picked up a pair of Electro-Voice 12" Wolverine LS-12 Loud Speakers in heavy 3/4" wood home made kit cabinets. The Electro Voice have better low end...
  14. corpblues

Vintage pioneer speaker id Pioneer CS-8B

I still have both but have not used them in a long time. I’ll have to give a fresh test drive and report back. I have been reluctant to sell them both.
  15. corpblues

Calling all SonicS Speaker owners!

Time to find these a new home. Too large for my space per my spouse lol. Listing created in AK bartertown.
  16. corpblues

Ampex 1070 reel to reel recorder

Got it working! Figuring out the belt patch without a diagram or procedure instructions was a rubik's cube. But determination figured it out. Sounds great! https://audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?threads/ampex-1070-reel-to-reel-recorder-belt-replacement.1003322/#post-15784806
  17. corpblues

Ampex 1070 reel to reel recorder belt replacement

It is working!!!! Still need counter belt but that will be a quick 5 minute install when I get one. Just have to take the faceplate off for the counter. It sounds nice, has that tube warm smooth tone. It lays the tape on the spools extremely smoothly, always a good sign a deck transport is...
  18. corpblues

Using a rubber o-ring worked great. I bought a box at autozone with lots of sizes. For the record the size that fit was 19mm ID X 15mm OD X 2.5mm W
  19. corpblues

Great idea on the o-ring! It does appears you are correct that it is there only to help steady and quiet the wheel motion. Think I'll try to find a pair sized right at home depot or autozone. They will be very easy to install but I will have to open the case again. The play funtion is also...
  20. corpblues

Would not have been too difficult had I had the proper belt path information instead of having to figure it out via trial and error approach.
  21. corpblues

After many hours of trial and error I figured it out. I put on the main flywheel drive belt first and secondary turntable belt on second. The capstan flywheel belt was fairly straightforward as it goes around the motor pulley and around both flywheels in a big triangle. Also have to make...
  22. corpblues

Need some help please. I ordered a belt kit. It came with two belts that both look like drive belts. I'm assuming it uses two drive belts and I still need to order a counter belt. Both the drive belts and the counter belt were completely gone, so I have no idea on how to route the belt. After...
  23. corpblues

Need some help please. I ordered a belt kit. It came with two belts that both look like drive belts. I'm assuming I was sent the drive belt and the incorrect counter belt. Both the drive belt and the counter belt were completely gone, so I have no idea on how to route the belt. After about...
  24. corpblues

Few pics sorry for the poor photography
  25. corpblues

I pulled one 12AT7 and one 12AU7 tube to check. It confirmed they both do have "AMPEX" stamped on them. There are metal clips firmly holding down all the tubes. The clip hides part of the name so I had to pull them out to see confirm. The 12AX7 has metal tubes over them and also a clip...
Back
Top Bottom