Search results

1. TonioK

Sansui 2000

I had a bad experience with a kit from ebay seller hifiaudio. They sent the wrong parts and then wanted to charge me more to make it right. Learning to order parts yourself from mouser or digikey is not that hard and very rewarding.
  2. TonioK

Sansui TA-500 weak right channel

Problem found! While listening to a test tone through some headphones I used a plastic ink pen to push, tap and feel around inside until the right channel suddenly got louder when I touched the yellow wire that bridges R40 to R92. I have no idea what that wire is supposed to do, but I...
  3. TonioK

Thank you Hyperion for the suggestions. I checked R27,28,29,30,85 and 86. they were all 4.7 except R30 which was 4.8. I swapped R30 and R29 to see if it made any difference and it didn't. I'll start checking the rest of the resistors while I wait for more suggestions.
  4. TonioK

I recently bought a Sansui TA-500. It sounded fine until I noticed the right side was not as loud the left. I tried headphone and speaker, same result with both. FM and AUX, same result. I adjusted the balance to even it out but when I change the volume it does not stay balanced. I cleaned the...
  5. TonioK

Bell 2200C Restore--Cathode Feedback

I looks like someone made some modifications to this one. It was in my dad's shed. It's probably been there since 1973.
  6. TonioK

Would you pay $425 for this bizarrely modded Citation 19?

My dad put a crown ic-150 on top of his citation 19. It was a good fit.
  7. TonioK

Advent loudspeaker econowave 2018

Would this combination sound better than dog farts? Dayton Audio XO2W-2K 2-Way Speaker Crossover 2,000 Hz Dayton Audio DC250-8 10" Classic Woofer Dayton Audio RST28F-4 1-1/8" Reference Series Fabric Dome Tweeter 4 Ohm
  8. TonioK

I should have started this thread with a different title. I should have said "building a new loudspeaker in old OLA boxes", or I want to build some frankenspeakers. Please excuse my blasphemy. The first pair of speakers I ever owned were Advent/2 with the white cabinet and metal grill. If I...
  9. TonioK

Someone offered to sell my an original pair of woofers with kits to re-cone them for $120. I thought I could get some generic new woofers that would sound just as good for less than that. I don’t expect them to sound original, just decent. I didn’t realize until after my original post that I...
  10. TonioK

On second thought, maybe I should curb my enthusiasm for this project. I just priced the the econowave parts and that was almost $200, new woofers $238 new veneer and grill cloth about another $50, that's $488! I only paid 50 cents for these speakers at a yard sale and I already have more...
  11. TonioK

I'll probably get the Advent p001-31858 unless someone has a better suggestion. Or...GRS 10SFPC-B 10" Square Frame Paper Cone Woofer Black...much cheaper
  12. TonioK

Hi I’m new here and I know that there are already 800+ pages on this subject already. I’ll try to not ask questions that have already been answered. I want to bring this pair of speakers back to life. I bought them at a yard sale with no woofers. What replacement woofers do you recommend with...
  13. TonioK

Infinity 4000a crossover

Thanks for the advice, it is greatly appreciated!
  14. TonioK

Infinity 4000a crossover

Thank you.
  15. TonioK

Infinity 4000a crossover

I am working on a pair of Infinity 4000a speakers and the caps are not going the same direction on each speaker. Is that normal? I’ll post pictures so you can see what I mean.
  16. TonioK

Audiokarma Newb

Audiokarma Newb
  17. TonioK

Is the power LED on the KA-7100 part of the protection circuit?

After reading some other posts I thinking my problem might not be the LED at this point.
  18. TonioK

Thank you for helping me. I am not a tech so I use the wrong words sometimes.
  19. TonioK

Sorry, I see it now. I thought you wanted to see the replacement. Here is the original...
  20. TonioK

I don’t see the picture you linked. I’ll try and post what I used. It came out of a bug zapper that looks like a little tennis racket.
  21. TonioK

The speaker terminals. It reads 2.3V then rises to about 2.6 when the relay cuts it off in about 30 seconds. I connected speakers and a CD player and it works for 3 or 4 minutes before the relay shuts it off.
Back
Top Bottom