Search results

1. K

Time to Fest in KC - June 29th

Will host an AK meet in Kansas City, KS. at my house. Will go into more details but just wanted to get this post/thread up for all to see. If you want to sell anything, of which I'll have a few tables out, we can start a thread in Barter Town for it. Figure on starting at 1:30pm or so and run...
  2. K

Vintage 5.0 - Cool dude and great sale of Music Hall 25.3!

This is what I like about AK - finding good gear and meeting great people and you know it's as advertised with vintage 5.0. Thanks Ken!
  3. K

KC Area AK get together - June 2

Ok, here is the new thread for a supposed get together at my house. In Piper, KS. OK - Officially, Kansas City, KS. I have probably 5-6 plastic tables we can set up for stuff to sell, look at, show off or whatever. Think I'll start about 1PM and run till ?? Looked like we were generating some...
  4. K

Here I go again....

Changed out speakers, amps and added a TEAC DAC. Will be looking for some rear surrounds to go on the back wall. Probably change out my HUGE subwoofer for a smaller, faster, non-ported sub. Those Genesis 5.2 speakers handle a lot of bass themselves. This was the only wall I could put my...
  5. K

Any experience with Class D amps and impressions?

Am looking hard at PS Audio's M700 monoblocks and then I saw some amps by ClassDAudio for way cheaper. Seems like the same products are developing for class D amps like A/B has. Some cheaper and better, some cheaper and not so good - some more expensive and real good and some expensive and just...
  6. K

Sumkio Blackbird vs Dynavector 20x2?

Been thinking about getting a Dynavector 20x2 High Output cartridge. Need some insightful experiences/thoughts though. I have a VPI Scout and have been using my Blackbird for about 5 years. I really do like it. The whole ensemble is ultra quiet but the Blackbird signs with plenty of depth, bass...
  7. K

New Arnie Nudell speakers possibly next year!

Just watched a short info video put out there by Paul McGowan of PS Audio, http://www.psaudio.com/askpaul/high-end-hearing-aids-and-loudspeakers/, and he stated they hope to have a speaker out by next year designed by Arnie Nudell. They are working together to put the speaker(s) out and Arnie...
  8. K

Still making trip from KC to Atlanta area and return

Just a reminder that I still am making trips down to the Atlanta area from KC. Half of the time driving my Expedition so I have lots of room available. Let me know if I can help out.
  9. K

KC to Atlanta to New Orleans and return

Heading out to Atlanta area for awhile then over to New Orleans. Eventually back to KC area. Anyone need anything hauled around PM me. Usually plenty of space.
  10. K

Making KC, TX, LA, MS round trip next week

Week of 3-30 thru 4-4 starting in KC - Austin, TX for a day, then heading to Jackson, MS and then to near New Orleans, LA. Will head back to KC Thursday or Friday. I can make room for almost anything. PM if you need something.
  11. K

KC to San Antonio to NOLA to FL & Back

I will be making this trip, via large vehicle, the next two weeks. Be in San Antonio, TX for a couple of days then head to New Orleans for several more. Then to the Tampa, FL area to pick up some Genesis APM-1 speakers and heading back to KC after that. Anyone have anything near and around...
  12. K

Canton, OH to KC or close by?

I have an amp in Canton, OH that needs brought to KC sometime in the near future. Even if you can only get it to the St Louis area that would be very helpful. Can help with some $$. About 65 lbs and probably no box.
  13. K

St Louis to KC, PU amp? Twangfest....

Bought a Parasound 2200 MkII amplifier in St. Louis area and was wondering if anyone can bring it with them to the KC Twangfest? Can help with gas. Might end up being 2 of them if price is accepted on both.
  14. K

KC to Chicago to Iowa City to KC this week

I am road tripping it to Chicago on Thursday this week to pick up some speakers I bought. Going the NW of St. Louis route to Chicago. Friday morning I have to be in Iowa City, IA., area and then back to KC that afternoon. If you need something picked up let me know. Twangfest is coming up so I...
  15. K

KC to Dallas to Denver to KC - in 1 week

Am heading out for Dallas Monday and will be there till Tuesday PM. Then heading to Denver to arrive Wednesday night. Be in Denver till Friday and then back to KC. Anyone need something picked up along the way let me know. Have plenty of room - even for large speakers.
  16. K

Need a SACD changer recommendation

Anyone have any ideas for a good SACD changer? I have a Sony SACD changer, something like CD222ES?? model and an OPPO 93 player. I want a changer, 5.1 outs, not a dual DVD/CD unit. Not one of those 200 to 400 disc units either. Something with better DAC's. Willing to buy used as well. Looking...
  17. K

Difference a year makes

I just finished putting this system together and noticed it was about a year that I made my last change. A year ago I went to some Genesis APM1's as my mains in an A/V system. Changed out all my surrounds to Genesis 700's as well. Had to get these VMPS FF-1 highly mod'd speakers and then had...
  18. K

Dahlquist DQ-10 cloth cover replacement?

Picked up a mirror imaged pair of DQ 10s with sub and the active crossover unit. They work but need some cosmetic repairs. Does anyone know where I can get similar to the original grill cloth? The lighter shade. Any help would be much appreciated.
  19. K

Heading out again - Tampa back to KC

Heading down to Tampa again through Wichita, KS. and southeasterly. On a tight schedule to get there but after that not so much. Should have lots of space so can carry whatever. My ending destination is Olathe, KS. If this helps someone PM me.
  20. K

Suggestions for Surrounds?

Revamping my home theater/music system. Recently obtained some Genesis APM1 speakers for my fronts. I have a Genesis 700 center channel. I run a 7.1system and listen to more music than movies. Rock, jazz. I like volume, dynamics, definition but more important - listenability for hours. Nothing...
  21. K

SONY SSM9 speakers

Not affiliated any way: Thought these were rare. http://sandiego.craigslist.org/nsd/ele/2345343023.html
  22. K

In Tampa, Fl for awhile

Will be in Tampa, FL. for awhile. Going back and forth to KC every couple of weeks or so. Can pick up stuff either way.
  23. K

KC to Tampa and return, again

Heading out from KC to Tampa, FL. Again. Be there for about 2 weeks then heading back to KC. Plenty of room for something......... go through Nashville and Atlanta to name a few places. Last time picked up some rather large speakers. PM me if needed.
  24. K

KC to Tampa & Return

Heading to Tampa, FL. Leaving 8-1-10 and returning 8-7-10. Going through St Louis, Nashville, Atlanta, etc. I already have some large speakers to bring back but will have room for other "stuff".
  25. K

'Bout time for a road trip? Legacy Focus?

There is a pair of Legacy Focus' on the 'gon in Oregon. Anyone have any positive or negative comments regarding those? I have been an infinity listener FOREVER and have bought and sold infinities from/to people that have owned Legacy's. These look like the original model but have heard good...
Back
Top Bottom