Search results

1. tuffstuff1

Owl Eyes

Don't they look cool!
  2. tuffstuff1

Rusty crusty fugly MC-40's but...

I bought this pair just hoping they were yanked from a console or something and to my surprise they are fugly on the outside, but look like new under the hood. All original to my eyes and consecutive #'s. I think it's a pretty rare find. The transformers aren't dented and the logo's are there...
  3. tuffstuff1

YP-D10 TT Help

I bought this but thing as a parts machine but now thinking it's a machine if I can get it working. I have a YP-D8 and they appear to be pretty close models. The D10 is physically bigger and the controls are different, The tonearm is the same. Anyway, the deck is not that bad. There's a couple...
  4. tuffstuff1

C2A crapped out.

I connected it to my McIntosh MC-2100 and think I accidentally left the power switch on the preamp when I hit the power switch on the surge protector to turn on the amp. I heard a surge through the speakers when I hit the power strip switch. I wish the 2100 had it's own power switch. Anyway, I...
  5. tuffstuff1

JBL 4312A stacked

If have two sets and never stacked them. I have McIntosh MC-250 that can be run in stereo or mono. I was curios if this would be a good idea and if so what would be the best way to hook them up, and why? Thank You.
  6. tuffstuff1

W20 monoblock help

I was thinking about getting these and restoring them but don't have any experience and was wondering if the experts could show me where to start. I was thinking maybe a capacitor or two. :).
  7. tuffstuff1

NO AUX on C-34V

Where do hook my D100? I have it plugged to CD playing iphone but not sure if it's right. It sounds good but kindof weird, like slow and bass seems delayed or something. Maybe it's the compander I need to figure out. Maybe I should be using a different input??? I bought this because it was a...
  8. tuffstuff1

Scroe- I never get lucky but this time.

These were on the bottom shelf and caught my eye. I said nooooooo, it couldn't be. I picked one up and it was heafty. I said, maybe they are? OK, turn it around and please let it be. Dance dance!!! I can't believe it for $29.99 and in mint shape, no scratches, no pulls in the grills, consecutive...
  9. tuffstuff1

YPD-8 turntable with SME III arm

I bought this really really dirty combination off of ebay. I got it cheap and crossed my fingers it would clean up and function properly. Well, it cleaned up beautifully but whomever mounted the arm slapped a 1/4" slab of plastic on top of the plinth drilled for SME and didn't think of VTA.. I...
  10. tuffstuff1

Switcher of some sort

Does anyone make a box that will set on top of my MC-2500's that will allow me to switch speaker impedance between my Infinity instead of my JBL's? I have to unscrew the taps to move the cables every time. I would think there must be some sort of quality device which serves this purpose. I would...
  11. tuffstuff1

C-45 Got Lucky

I bought it off of ebay "buy it now". It came with the original packaging and cosmetically mint. The seller said one channel was out. I really wanted it to mate with my M-45 which is mint too. I took my chances that it was something minor and sure enough the left channel was out when put to the...
  12. tuffstuff1

Grafyx SP-6 crossover

These didn't work and I was going to pitch them. I decided to pop them open and noticed the crossovers were fried. The cabs and grills are perfect and the drivers have continuity. I am good at soldering but don't know much about components. Can someone please identify the crossover components so...
  13. tuffstuff1

Thorens TD 125MKII tiny bulb

I bought another TD125MKII for my buddy which the seller claimed the motor was bad. I got lucky because the motor turns when I swap to my other deck. So, with that being said I know there is a problem elsewhere. Other threads on this subject suggest replacing the 2 large caps on the PC board...
  14. tuffstuff1

Finally all McIntosh XR-6

Not by choice but a buddy just gave me a set of XR-6 that are mint cosmetically but need the mids and woofer refoamed. I have a an MQ-101 already. Well, I have 2 actually. Now for the first time I will have an all MAC set up. Can I get suggestions or a link for new surrounds. I want the closest...
  15. tuffstuff1

MC225 rusty crusty need restoring

I got my second one the other day. Now I have two that need complete resto. I have two brand new chassis for them too. I was going to try to swap all the guts out myself and then send them off to a tech, but it seems a little back asswards to put it all in just to take some parts out. Can anyone...
  16. tuffstuff1

What would you do Kappa 8?

I just landed a second McIntosh MC-2500 and would like your opion for my Kappa 8. Would you run the amps as monoblocks or bi-amped? I am thinking bi-amped would give more control top to bottom, but better synergy as bridged mono blocks. More power 1000 WPC as mono block. I suppose just try it...
  17. tuffstuff1

Pioneer HPM-900 surrounds

What would be the best type of woofer surround to use for these? I just scored a real nice pair but the surrounds are missing, I mean without a trace. these have the carbon cones so I am not certain a plain old foam set will do. Any good sources? Thanks a lot.
  18. tuffstuff1

MC-2500 in the house

Holy smokes is this thing a beast. It feels heavier that 130lbs. The guy already had it packaged for shipping prior to me buying it locally, so I got the Audio Classics shipping box to boot. The seller said it has been sitting in his closet for 25 years and it really shows. The entire amp is...
  19. tuffstuff1

Pull you pants up! Big Boy Club

I just got me a MC-2500. I hope it makes me happy. I have not listened to my rig or posted here because my lifetime business partner, friend, brother died 2 months ago of a sudden heart attack. Tony knew because we talk business sometimes being in the same industry. I am trying to move on with...
  20. tuffstuff1

EPI 200B to the lineup

I grabbed these yesterday for 125.00. The price was good because they are mint, and when I say mint, it is mint. The walnut is perfect with not even the tiniest of nicks, scratches or stain. Even the grills are perfect. Anyway, as you would expect the surrounds are shot. I have read previous...
  21. tuffstuff1

How does it work? Micro Seiki Dust PU Extra

I can't find much on it, but I always thought they were really cool looking. Does is actually do anything? Is it supposed to follow the record grooves from start to finish like the tonearm or is it a manual thing you just push back and forth before you play? If it were, that would be kind of...
  22. tuffstuff1

Look what I got.

I stole this thing from a McIntosh dealer here in town that I didn't even know existed. 150.00 . It even has a power strip in the back of it with a panel and lock and key. Now I just need to figure out what to put on it. Do you think I should put McIntosh gear on it or maybe Realistic. :) It's a...
  23. tuffstuff1

SME 3009 dented

I bought this tonearm with a TT and the seller failed to mention the arm was dented. First off, will it effect the sound quality and secondly is the arm itself available to purchase anywhere? If I look at it magnified it almost looks like there's a little crack. I was thinking about a dab of...
  24. tuffstuff1

The wait pays off!

Finally a C-2A pre shows up on local CL. My M-45 is awakened from it's den. I had to take my wife out to lunch because it is ritual when I buy a piece of equipment. She's like, "why are you eating so fast"? Did I have meat loaf and mash potatoes (woof). She knew I was excited to get it rocking...
  25. tuffstuff1

Garrard AT6 Grrrrrrrrrrarad!

I have been messing with this this since last night and am about to chuck it as far as I can. The needle won't drop at the beginning of a 78. It's about an inch in too far.The adjustment screw is all the way out so that's not it. I took all the linkage apart and cleaned it all up and lubed...
Back
Top Bottom