Search results

1. Soapbarblues

Lets See All Them Axes

I haven't been on this forum in quite a while, so here is a quick update on some gear. I was going to make a Steinberger style headless, but changed my mind and ended up with this: Then a Jazzmaster out of the same plank of Sapele: Next a Music Man style with a Korina back and flame maple top...
  2. Soapbarblues

New Yamaha integrated amps

thanks! the 801 it is!
  3. Soapbarblues

New Yamaha integrated amps

I'm also trying to decide between the 701 and the 801 to power my Focal Chorus 706Vs. Such decisions...
  4. Soapbarblues

Lets see all them Amplifiers!

Wow, that's one amp I'd love to have! Congrats!
  5. Soapbarblues

Lets See All Them Axes

Cratz2, a couple of very nice rigs there!! Love the strat and the Z!
  6. Soapbarblues

Lets see all them Amplifiers!

2 amps in one week, I must be living right!! First, for giggles, a Roland Cube 40GX to ease my back pain. Second, I built this custom cabinet for a 5E3 clone for a friend, and since he isn't using it at all, decided to let me be the 'caretaker' for a while. It now has a Weber Alnico Blue rather...
  7. Soapbarblues

Whats you’re favorite odd ball guitar?

I helped make this for my smiley friend here. Walnut and maple neck through. The electronics were a nightmare!
  8. Soapbarblues

It was a very good week! Sony ES!

The only Sony I have left is a C601ES 5-CD carrousel player, collecting dust at the moment.
  9. Soapbarblues

Lets See All Them Axes

Man, that looks great! and what a deal! Chandler used to make some quality gear!
  10. Soapbarblues

Lets See All Them Axes

Nice trio!!
  11. Soapbarblues

Lets See All Them Axes

thanks, Philo! I've made a few necks but I'm not real good at the profile carving yet, fretwork I can do, but this is getting a Warmoth neck I had lying around. Ron is the king of Barncasters! That looks like an interesting guitar you have! Looking forward to seeing the finished product.
  12. Soapbarblues

Here's an idea for building speaker stands

Just buy 2 cones. They are built to be stack-able, so having one inside the other should be enough reinforcement, if it's thought to be necessary.
  13. Soapbarblues

Lets See All Them Axes

I sprayed the clear coat on this 100 year old barn pine body Saturday, so it should be ready for assembly tomorrow. Sprayed on some amber shellac for color, but didn't sand much on the original wood so it would have the stains and ridges. I hope the gloss doesn't make it look too new. It will...
  14. Soapbarblues

A Nice Pair

Congrats!! Very nice pair, indeed!!
  15. Soapbarblues

Epiphone Electar 75th Anniversary Century Amp

No ideas on the buzz, but it sure looks cool~!~~
  16. Soapbarblues

Lets See All Them Axes

Great looking Mustang!!
  17. Soapbarblues

Lets See All Them Axes

That's what the primer is for. Alder needs no grain or pore filling, so the primer is the sealer coat. I've also sprayed the color on without primer, depending on which wood is being used. And sometimes you want to see the grain through the finish, so that would be no primer, or use a clear...
  18. Soapbarblues

Lets See All Them Axes

Thanks, Philo! I used off the shelf auto parts store Duplicolor primer, Reranch surf green nitro, and Spraymax 2K clear.
  19. Soapbarblues

Lets See All Them Axes

Just finished this last week, don't even have the strap buttons on yet... Alder body, surf green, humbucker harness out of some MIM strat.
  20. Soapbarblues

Lets See All Them Axes

Cratz2, that's a great looking Strat!! I've wanted one of those for a long time, just never got around to doing anything about it!
  21. Soapbarblues

Lets See All Them Axes

Superreverb, very nice combination! Tonal heaven for sure!
  22. Soapbarblues

Lets See All Them Axes

That is sweet!!! And nice tele, tube-a-lou!
  23. Soapbarblues

Lets See All Them Axes

Thanks, Philo! Yes, gold metallic and black back.
  24. Soapbarblues

Lets See All Them Axes

Latest addition to the stable, Reverend Charger 290. My brother and I both bought Revs at a guitar show a number of years ago. I bought a Jetstream 390, but eventually traded it for something else. My brother decided to sell this one, so I took him up on his offer. Great playing and sounding guitar!
  25. Soapbarblues

Your Last Concert (or two)

Last night, Sister Hazel at Capt. Hiram's resort in Sebastian, Fl. Outstanding show!!
Back
Top Bottom