Search results

1. jmanusa6

Kenwood MV-7 Speakers New Crossovers

Sorry I do not. Keep asking around the forums and babysit ebay...
  2. jmanusa6

Mine are an earlier model that did not have the selector switch in the front. I'm not sure if this changes much with the crossovers. But since your rebuilding based off mine I'd fill and cover the whole and go without.
  3. jmanusa6

Here's more pics of both sides. If you need more pics just ask. :D
  4. jmanusa6

Ah yes the bandpass, you are correct.
  5. jmanusa6

Wouldn't having a inductor and capacitor make the mid-horn or squawker a 2nd order? The rest I agree on.
  6. jmanusa6

Here is a bunch of pics of my OEM crossovers.
  7. jmanusa6

Creating this thread to help another MV-7 owner put together new OEM crossovers since theirs are missing. I'm not certain whats what but will be posting pics to help deduce and recreate the OEM crossovers. Any help please chime in. Pics are from my MV-7 I'm currently restoring.
  8. jmanusa6

Sanusi SP-20,000 Rare Speakers HELP

#1. I have pulled the horn apart but wasn't able to get to the diaphragm....yet, I'll keep trying, they are the beefiest mid-horns I've ever seen. I was hoping if I can get the horn further apart to just find a disconnected lead or something simple. Yes when I put an multi-meter on them I get...
  9. jmanusa6

Hello from Iowa

Hello from Iowa
  10. jmanusa6

Sanusi SP-20,000 Rare Speakers HELP

I picked up this really nice set of all original high-end Sansui SP-20000 speakers from a local. They are in pretty good shape and work other than one of the mid-horns is dead (T-141). This is beginning to seem like a frustrating issue considering I can't find a replacement mid-horn for sale...
  11. jmanusa6

Iowa meetup/listen at the theater

Changed the facebook group policy I also check my phone regularly for invites.
  12. jmanusa6

Yes, its a closed group. I approved your request. For others just submit a request and I approve when I check it every evening.
  13. jmanusa6

Check out my facebook group IowAudio Enthusiast. Trying to get a local social page going for us Iowa audio nuts. Ignore this post my phone is being weird.
  14. jmanusa6

I started a local facebook group called IowAudio Enthusiast for us local audio nuts. Iowans are welcome to join and share. Also it'd be a good place to post the Manchester meet up!
  15. jmanusa6

I started a local audio group on facebook called IowAudio Enthusiast. Feel free to join and even post the meet up, might help spread the word. https://www.facebook.com/groups/449648432444407/
  16. jmanusa6

I started a local Facebook group for Iowans that are into audio Called IowAudio Enthusiast. Feel free to join the group, this will give us Iowans a place to chit chat and share. Also could post this meet up on there as well to help spread the word. https://www.facebook.com/groups/449648432444407/
  17. jmanusa6

Hey I'm in Grundy Center. Count me in I never get to chat it up with a bunch of other audio nerds.
  18. jmanusa6

Looking for a budget DAC that can upsample... not finding much.

I'm just gonna go with the SMSL SK10 Sanskrit 10th for now and tinker with it. Then later this summer I'll get the Cambridge Audio Dacmagic Plus Upsample. I still gotta get my music PC together and check out WASAPI yet. Thanks for all of your feedback.
  19. jmanusa6

Many of the popular mini DACs out now such as Topping, SMSL, FX Audio, Schiit don't have a interface that lets you choose a sampling rate. Was at a friends few months ago and he was upsampling CD 16/44.1 to 24/96 and I liked the difference, to me it did make CD Audio better. I don't remember...
  20. jmanusa6

The only thing I've found so far is the Cambridge Audio Dacmagic Plus Upsample for $350 which is the max I'm willing to spend. I plan to connect my Sony DVP-S7700 via optical for CD audio but would like to upsample the standard 16/44.1 to a higher resolutions. I will also be connecting my laptop...
  21. jmanusa6

Getting back into audio on a budget. Suggestions Please.

I really appreciate everyone's response and did look at each option. While looking at the JBL speakers on parts express I stumbled apon the Dayton MK402 bookshelfs and because of the great reviews and an open box option for $55 I grabbed them. I also went down to the Dayton SUB-1000 10" to save...
  22. jmanusa6

Getting back into audio on a budget. Suggestions Please.

I been out of the loop for about 10 years. I finally have time and room again so I dug out my old Sony ES VA333ES reciever and got it setup in a 14 x16 bedroom. I used to build speakers and had several sets around that I had spent a lot of time and money on but sold over the last 10 years for...
Back
Top Bottom