Search results

1. C

New Tekton Double Impacts..WOW

How would you say the Tekton DI's stack up against the Array 1400's, if I may ask? Thanks again for your input. Really valuable.
  2. C

Tandberg receiver info?

John, thank you for that very sweet breakdown of Tandbergs. I'm scoping one myself. In that they all seem so fantastic, I'm not sure I'm going to be very particular as to which. Aiming for 40 watts and up. Condition and function will likely be the biggest factors. I appreciate all your...
  3. C

New Tekton Double Impacts..WOW

Thanks for that, Joe. I been wondering how these stack up against JBL's. Seems everyone mentions almost every brand of speaker except that one. ;) Cosmo - know EXACTLY what you mean. Everything is vocal and/or jazz. Dave Brubeck, some woman singing about living in a tree house, Dire...
  4. C

marantz model 27

So do I.
  5. C

New to me HH Scott LK 72

Thank you. Know the song. Who does this cover? I like it better than the original.... Sorry to go off thread. Oops...it's BY thief. (Couldn't find it on yt.) Thank you. It's brilliant. Especially on that brilliant system.
  6. C

New to me HH Scott LK 72

I saw those videos, too. Awesome sound. Who in the world does that version of "Don't Let Go"? I like it more than the original. Have listened to it a few times. Can't find who it is.
  7. C

Tekton Owners Thread

Thanks, Mac. Am not concerned about the size. It's a big part of what I've been looking for. Was just curious how it benefits with smaller scale music. Am over the moon about these. Stumbled onto Tekton 2 or 3 years ago and the Pens. I was thrilled - had been a very, very long search...
  8. C

Tekton Owners Thread

Greetings Gents, Hope all are well. I'm curious about something with the DI's and just larger speakers in general. When it comes to certain music, their size is an advantage. Rock, electronic, classical, etc. their size is going to help in the presentation. But with smaller scope music, for...
  9. C

Tekton Owners Thread

Yeah, that is a bummer. Appreciate you letting me know! Uh... Hafler it is. ;) lol. (Audio humor.)
  10. C

Tekton Owners Thread

Lol - well I sure appreciate the good word. I ain't gonna' doubt it. Specially since your review is what locked the DI's in for me as my target speaker. ;) (Not like I doubted them - the Lores, Enzos, and Pens being such hits.) I wonder...did you try the XLI? Or was it the XLS. Andrew had...
  11. C

Tekton Owners Thread

Pardon me for chiming in. Long time lurker, passive searcher for my One Shot Kills - was a long search. If it were me, my experience and funds being limited, I'd grab the DI's, a Crown XLI for power, plug in a decent source... And let 'em rip. Lots of watts, low-cost jump in...buys you as...
  12. C

Professional assessment of 50 Amplifiers

Hey... Thanks, John! I really appreciate it. :) I'm interested in Setton - even if it is Lafayette in Pierre Cardin clothing. And thanks for all the others! You're a man of great kindness and patience. :D
  13. C

Tubes or solid state...are tubes worth the extra money?

I don't think there's much question if tubes are worth trying. You live once, you work hard, and you love music and sound enough you're on AK. Do some research, you buy well - second hand, and your chance at significant loss, barring horror story, isn't enough to deter. But what you may stand...
  14. C

Professional assessment of 50 Amplifiers

I'd...uh...like do see the Setton one...if you have time, please.... I'm so sorry to ask. lol. Poor guy. smh
  15. C

how are the crown xls drivercore series?

*gasp* Man speaks truth! They jacked the prices on them a bit, but still. No wonder the xls2000 is going so cheap. Trying to move them out. One guy suggested a Rolls converter to boost signal. They're about $60. So cheaper route than new series. But can't lose either way. Thanks for...
  16. C

how are the crown xls drivercore series?

The XLS 2000, preferred over the 1000 and 1500 by Crown people because of something in the design, is currently $275 on glamazon. 375 wpc into 8 ohm, 11 pounds, easy to buy/sell on 2nd hand market... I'd just get one. If for no other reason, not a bad thing to have lying around. Do keep in...
  17. C

Mystery receiver

Anyone care to comment on the sound?
  18. C

Snagged some 4430s!

And???!
  19. C

Post Your Marantz Gear Here!!!

Let me guess... Real lamps - no LEDs, and original velume paper... That's a beautiful unit. Scoping one myself. Love that it has mid adjustment.
  20. C

ADS 1590's Versus Axiom M80's--Which is Better?

gets all that advice and posts no results of what he did... nice.
  21. C

People say/debate things like this all the time. No big deal. Me - I was venting. On the lookout for a vintage Marantz and lots of people doing servicing are sticking LEDs in them. Doesn't look right... Said my peace. Moved on. See ya.
  22. C

LEDs lack a certain warmth. More than noticeable, even in pictures. Same with some of the new velume. Looks like you stuck colored contact lenses on said beautiful woman. That's it... Said my peace. Thanks, Gents.
  23. C

Who cares if they last forever? They have a coldish, soulless look about 'em. No warmth, no charm... You have to service your receiver every so often anyway. (You guys are NOT exactly averse to a little work/labor of love on these things.) Do you have to tweak the receiver to accommodate...
  24. C

LEDs I'm sorry to bust this thread, but this is truly a serious problem... STOP PERFORMING LED DOWNGRADES. Yes...downgrades. Just stop. Like botoxing beautiful woman. Such blasphemy, irony, and treachery to all that is analog. *shiver!* You bring tremendous shame upon yourselves and...
  25. C

ADS L710 vs JBL 4312

Dude... What happened? Inquiring minds... I've seriously considered both those exact same speaks. Am excited to hear how it went. PS. YouTube vids can actually give you a sense of something. It's not exact by any means - but a bit of a sense, for sure. Especially when the...
Back
Top Bottom