Search results

1. Ttech

Center channel question...

Thank you all for the great info. I am now on the lookout for a cheap HT receiver.
  2. Ttech

Thank you all for the input. I'm now on the lookout for an inexpensive HT receiver.
  3. Ttech

My girlfriend had a quadraphonic system back in the day. The amp/receiver is long gone, and one of the 4 matching speakers she had is also missing, nowhere to be found. I have hooked up 2 of the 3 speakers to a 2-channel system that she has, but she would like to make use of the third speaker...
  4. Ttech

Let's look at a Dynaco PAS-3x

It looks like the selenium rectifier is still there, is it disconnected? It's hard to tell from your photo.
  5. Ttech

Pimp my tube radio.

That's the output transformer. Heed the warnings from others above.
  6. Ttech

WiFi "Cantenna" stub length confirmation?

I would say it's from the point that it protrudes past the shield of the connector body. So in your terms, the inside wall of the can.
  7. Ttech

6N3, 6N3P, 6N3P-I, and 6N3P-E Question?

I really like the Russian 6N3P tubes in my Maverick tube DACs. I like them better than the vintage 5670 tubes that I've tried.
  8. Ttech

What are these?

Thanks for the info, audiomagnate!
  9. Ttech

What are these?

I've got a set of those. No idea who made them. Mine came with some Electro Voice speakers in them, don't know the model right now. I have some Coral speakers that I want to try in them at some point. I'd love to know who made the cabinets.
  10. Ttech

New capacitors in speakers does polarisation matter?

If you are using electrolytic capacitors, you need to buy bi-polar(as mentioned by someone else) or non-polar, usually marked NP caps. Film capacitors do not have polarity.
  11. Ttech

Another mystery speaker thread......

Looks modded to me, tweeter doesn't appear to be original. The recess for the tweeter has square corners while the tweeter has rounded corners. Mounting screws for the tweeter are not black. The recess for what looks like a pot or L-pad has rough edges. This doesn't mean that they won't...
  12. Ttech

Vintage Crossover Polypropylene upgrade...sounds awful! (help)

If he buys caps with a lower voltage rating they won't be as big. Those Ansar caps are rated for 450v, the schematic shows the originals at 100v. Maybe look for 250v caps.
  13. Ttech

An update to all my new friends

Here's a link to your thread about this amp in case anyone wants to read it. http://www.audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?threads/magnavox-9302-questions.787455/
  14. Ttech

Mr. Carlson's Lab Repairs a Hartman Kardon Citation 1 Pre-Amp

At 23:35 in the video he talks about identifying the outside foil end of the film capacitors. He's using a little device to demonstrate this that appears to just have clip leads for the capacitor under test, a coax connection to the scope, 2 LEDs and probably a power switch. I'm assuming that...
  15. Ttech

Realistic T120 fuse help needed

It's an automotive lamp. Look for a replacement at your local auto parts store.
  16. Ttech

Triode Usa Dynaco Mark III

It would help if you could post a picture of the inside of the chassis, then someone might be able to determine which taps from the transformer are hooked up to the binding posts. Also please post what brand and type of tubes are installed. It looks like the rectifiers are GE 5AR4/GZ34, and...
  17. Ttech

How Good Is What I have? Help

I would suggest you inspect the crossovers. If there are any electrolytic capacitors, they need to be replaced with similar value film or electrolytic caps. If you can get to the crossovers, post some pictures and we can give recommendations.
  18. Ttech

How Good Is What I have? Help

Maybe some new capacitors in the Nobis crossovers would make a difference. How old are they?
  19. Ttech

Trivia Time

I don't remember if I actually communicated with him or not. I might have made him an offer. I got the impression that he thinks they are worth thousands of dollars because they are prototypes and one of a kind. They very well may be great speakers, I don't know.
  20. Ttech

Trivia Time

I think I saw these on Craigslist a few months ago. Is the seller in Oklahoma?
  21. Ttech

should i be second owner of kit built amp?

The bigger the gob, the better the job! :D
  22. Ttech

Where to fix speakers in London

What happened to them? Can you post pictures?
  23. Ttech

Supercharged - Maverick Audio TubeMagic D2 DAC

Yes, I use a 6n3p in one Maverick and a 6n3p-e in another. They both sound great! I haven't tried swapping one into my Maverick D2 yet because it came with a GE tube. I highly recommend these Russian tubes, and they are still cheap.
  24. Ttech

Would Klipsch KG4 speakers work with Sansui 890?

Removed original comment after I re-read the original post.
  25. Ttech

R.I.P. Kegger

My condolences. Such a senseless tragedy.
Back
Top Bottom