Search results

1. Vintagear

Lokerola - Great Seller!

@lokerola was great to deal with. Item was as described, and shipped super fast. A+
  2. Vintagear

Does anyone know what switch this is?

I'm trying to locate a replacement switch exactly like this one but have scrolled through hundreds of switches on Digikey's site and can't find it. I've seen these still in use so I imagine they are still available. Does anyone know the manufacturer or part number?
  3. Vintagear

Audio Technica AT20SL Limited Edition

I acquired one of these with the 20SL stylus (shibata) and I'm very impressed with it. Currently with no search function on AK and google getting few results I was curious what current AT MM cart would be the heir apparent to this cart. @lini & @ETI_5000 I think you guys are experts in this...
  4. Vintagear

Half of Daft Punk and a little old Sansui...

I'd love to know the backstory of that purchase. https://www.nytimes.com/2023/04/03/arts/music/thomas-bangalter-daft-punk-mythologies.html Looks like Harbeth and Technics also made it into the office system.
  5. Vintagear

Record Store Time Capsule - Young and in prime

I searched and didn't see this posted here before. The glimpse back to an era was pretty cool.
  6. Vintagear

Graham Model 1.5 Tonearm

What is the current market price for one of these? Thanks
  7. Vintagear

L-05M Restoration?

Has anyone fully refurbished one of these? Hoping I could get a (mouser/digikey) replacement parts list to save some time.
  8. Vintagear

VPI DIY Direct Drive Coming

VPI will be selling a stand alone DD motor pod later this year, probably based on the HW-40. You can use it in a plinth of your own design, retrofit it into an existing plinth or just add arm pods to it and use it naked. Should be interesting.
  9. Vintagear

Harry Weisfeld of VPI wowed by Sansui

Not sure if this was ever posted in the Sansui sub-forum but I came across this video from 2013 today while looking into VPI and I thought some here might get a kick out of what Harry Weisfeld of VPI tells Michael Fremer as he walks into the turntable factory. "Let me show you a magnificent...
  10. Vintagear

sinnerboy has been good...don't let the name fool you!

@sinnerboy has come through again. This was my second transaction with him (one via BT and another elsewhere in person) 3 items (technically 4) and everything was as described. Great guy to deal with. Wouldn't hesitate to do business again.
  11. Vintagear

Turntable Performance - At Home Measurements

Does anyone here measure the the specs and performance of their tables beyond the typical RPM Apps? If so, what tools, software and methodology do you use?
  12. Vintagear

VPI Prime Scout - Opinions Needed

Calling all VPI Prime Scout owners, past or present. It's a popular unit so I hope there are more than a few members here with hands on experience. What did you think about it, what cartridge did you use and what table did you come from or move on to?
  13. Vintagear

VPI Prime Scout & Sansui SR-929

Has anyone here listened to or owned both (or either) of these units (assuming they were in perfect operating condition)? I am considering both. Any thoughts or opinions on comparisons? *Please no modern/vintage debate, just experiences with the tables themselves (or similar models). Thanks
  14. Vintagear

Denon DL-303 sound signature?

Can anyone tell me how the Denon DL-303 compares to the Pickering XSV-3000 or Stanton 881S?
  15. Vintagear

Sansui SR-929 different versions?

There are two different versions of the SR-929. One version has a raised brand/model tag adhered to the front right of the plinth, a black indicator dial on the tone arm weight and a smooth knob for the speed adjustment on the left. The other version has the brand/logo lettering screened right...
  16. Vintagear

Anybody using a PEQ?

I use the DSP in Roon for Parametric EQ of my digital files and the results have been excellent. The improvement in detail retrieval and sound quality is undeniable. Wondering if anyone else is using a DSP PEQ for their digital files.
  17. Vintagear

Help needed with MC Cartridge Output...

A while back I tried a cartridge with a .33mV output and I felt that it had too much gain when paired with my MC stage. Based on my limited research I think the optimal MC cart for me should have an output of ~.15mV. I'm also not sure how to calculate the gain of my MC stage. Below are the...
  18. Vintagear

Does anyone have experience with these?

I am looking at the Benchmark AHB2 amp with either the DAC3 or DAC2 pre. I am unable to audition them so they would have to be "30 day trial" purchases. Has anyone tried this combo in their home and if so, what speakers were you using? Thanks in advance.
  19. Vintagear

How do you correct with vinyl?

I was curious to see what method members here use to correct room and speaker placement resonance problems when they spin their vinyl. Especially the folks with higher end gear. There are a lot of members here with very nice tables and phono stages but I sometimes see setups in pics that do not...
  20. Vintagear

What is more important?

Assuming the cartridge and stylus level are equivalent (and correct for the arm), what is more important- the table itself or the phono stage? Which one makes the biggest difference?
  21. Vintagear

Sansui Alpha

What are the top 3 Alpha models and why?
  22. Vintagear

I picked this up at the local record store today...

Came across this "Test Record" in a small store I was turned onto today. Never heard of it before. It was still in it's sealed original package so I figured - what the heck for the fun of it. Has anyone ever tried it or know anything about this test record? Project Total Sound Stereo #3...
  23. Vintagear

Ayre Acoustics - Diamond Output Stage

I was looking at some of Ayre's current offerings like the AX-5 twenty and was surprised to see that they seem to have revived the Diamond Output stage similar to those found in Sansui units like the AU-X19 series & AU-X1. https://www.ayre.com/products/amplification/ax-5-twenty/#DESCRIPTION...
  24. Vintagear

AU-X1 Sanken 2SA1068 & 2SC2493 (TO-3P Replacements)

I get that there are no equivalent current production TO-3 replacements for these but was wondering if anyone had a list of suitable TO-3P replacements that meet the original specifications. Are there many options out there? What are the specs of the original output transistors in the AU-X1...
  25. Vintagear

AWM Style 2598 cable as speaker wire?

I have quite a bit of this cable. It appears to be 16 gauge and it looks like tinned copper but I may be wrong. From an EE standpoint, would there be a benefit to using this as opposed to regular 12 gauge copper speaker wire? I would assume that the thicker 12 gauge copper would be better but...
Back
Top Bottom