Search results

1. he11fire

Cellphones you use for music on the go.

Yeah, the S3 at it's current price is an absolute bargain. I've been recommending them left and right with every carrier.
  2. he11fire

Cellphones you use for music on the go.

Hey now, I still love my 3GS. I use it basically as an iPod to stream Pandora and occasionally watch videos in bed. I still contend that it is one of the most attractive phones ever released. It's design is amazing. I wouldn't trade my iPhone 5 for it, though. :)
  3. he11fire

I am looking for advice on a surround sound system. Is it worth what they are asking?

I owned that particular Onkyo receiver and had problems with it. Onkyo HTRs make a loud pop/click sound when you switch inputs (or sometimes video resolutions) that I found very annoying. Also, the HDMI board went bad after a year and a half. It was repaired under warranty, but they had a whole...
  4. he11fire

Was 1967-1971 really the best sound?

You need a preamp/processor and separate amp(s), then. Get all the switching and Internet features you want on the pre/pro and if FM makes a huge comeback you can add a tuner later.
  5. he11fire

Who Do You Think Has/had The Strongest Voice In Rock?

I love this group. The only appropriate word I can think of to describe their vocals is haunting. Really powerful stuff.
  6. he11fire

U-Turn Audio’s $150 Orbit turntable- pic

I've got to learn to not feed the trolls.
  7. he11fire

I just checked and they hit their funding goal on January 21st. Of this year.
  8. he11fire

Two years? That's just not true. Their Kickstarter was (I believe) less than a year ago and they only started allowing preorders like two months ago. Where are you getting this info?
  9. he11fire

ipod wonder

Get a line-out dock cable. It bypasses the internal amps in your iPod and sends a line-out signal to your external amps.
  10. he11fire

20 Reasons to Buy an Audio Bargain

I bought at least one of my vintage pieces based almost primarly on looks alone: the Kenwood KA-7100. Silver face, lots of dials and switches, and I think it's one of the most beautiful things I've ever owned.
  11. he11fire

Recommendation for a beginner DAC

I second the recommendation for the Fiio E7 or E17. If you buy the L7 dock adapter it will work as a standalone DAC. That's how I use mine most of the time and I've been very happy with it. I haven't compared it to any other DACs, but it sounds good to me, so I've never really had a desire to...
  12. he11fire

Help me prevent blown speakers.

This is basically what I was trying to say, only put much more concisely. Well done, stickman.
  13. he11fire

Frying anything would absolutely be a worst case scenario. :) Like I said, though, unless you have earplugs in, your ears will usually give out before Klipsch speakers do. They are usually incredibly efficient, so they can produce A LOT of sound without much wattage in most cases. An exception...
  14. he11fire

With those Klipsches, in real world scenarios, you should honestly be able to turn it up as loud as you can stand it with no risk. I run Klipsch RB81IIs with a Yamaha A-S500 rated at (a healthy) 85 WPC and rarely have to turn the volume up past half way. If I do, I'm not usually standing right...
  15. he11fire

Songs That Ask A Question

Already mentioned. Try again. :)
  16. he11fire

How do Vintage Speakers compare to new speakers of roughly the same price?

This. Go audition some vintage speakers, used speakers, whatever. Just go listen to speakers. You have to figure out what you like before you can start looking. Do you like speakers with lots of bass and treble or speakers with a more rolled off sound that concentrate on the midrange? Stong...
  17. he11fire

Hahaha, nice. It's impossible to resist singing along to that song.
  18. he11fire

I know someone mentioned CCR, but I think it was a different song. Who'll Stop the Rain? - CCR
  19. he11fire

To the dump, to the dump, to the dump dump dump...

For real! You'd think they would at least donate them. Anything I can't use/sell/strip for parts goes to Goodwill so at least someone else has a chance at it.
  20. he11fire

Hi to all and sorry me too for my english

Bienvenido, amigo de Argentina! :)
  21. he11fire

My new house

I like it! Our house is a little newer than yours, but has a lot of the same design cues.
  22. he11fire

20 Reasons to Buy an Audio Bargain

That's me as well. I currently have 4 systems that I love for vastly differing reasons in my 4-bedroom home. Office, dedicated home theater, living room, and garage. :)
  23. he11fire

What's Going on in My Home? - Luther Allison What's Going On? - Marvin Gaye
  24. he11fire

Tactile enhancement to listening experience suggestion

I typically listen to my Klipsch RB81IIs in a fairly near field fashion in my garage, and have noticed the same thing when I have my hands on the tabletop. I can feel a lot of the notes (like you said, not just bass), and it does contribute to the realism.
  25. he11fire

What extra features would you like to see added to your favorite brand of headphones?

Grado SR60/80 with iPod & volume controls.
Back
Top Bottom