Search results

1. GTIanz

Infinity RS 2.5 Resto-Mod Journey for Forum Member

Honestly, the crossovers are my favorite part. I don’t think anyone understands how perfectly done they are. Look at a pair of stock 2.5’s then these. Brilliant workmanship and execution.
  2. GTIanz

I will be updating…. This pair of speakers are pretty much end-game for me. 40 years old (and I’m in my 40’s) and they sound better than any $10k speakers I have heard. I have listened to a lot (Pure Audio Project and Sanders Sound are the best/closest IMHO - and I love both of those for...
  3. GTIanz

Proud Owner Chiming in. The work done on these is absolutely remarkable. The performance potential has been fully realized. Geoff is a master craftsman and in my opinion these are probably the nicest pair of 2.5's on the planet. They have been running pretty much non-stop since moving them...
  4. GTIanz

New to me RSM's (Reference Studio Monitors)

I'm the proud new owner of these and can't wait to give them a listen. I have a sneaking suspicion that they are going to be surprisingly stout performers (for a standard 3 way speaker). I'll get a couple of photos loaded once I'm home and get them set up on my primary system (should be next...
  5. GTIanz

Parasound Halo P5 Pre-Amplifier $38 Improvement.(Pics Heavy)

Since new my P5 has been slightly scratchy when adjusting the volume. Sounds like the typical scratchy pot. Only happens when using the remote. Anyone else have the same issue? I'd rather not send it back for such a minor issue. Especially if it would be easier to fix with a little deoxit.
  6. GTIanz

The return to open baffle madness....

I've been spending a lot of time elsewhere. Custom ordered a 2016 Camaro (and got one of the first ones). I have been recently reminded of Open Baffle speakers and was wondering how this project turned out for you???
  7. GTIanz

My friend got some RS 2.5's! (Pic Included)

Yes, my II's still sound great. And, I meant that I'm buying the 2.5's from Geoff (not sure why I said Mike - apologies). He is completely refurbishing and modding the hell out of them. Good to hear about your IIb's. And glad you got the issue identified.
  8. GTIanz

My friend got some RS 2.5's! (Pic Included)

Infinity! good to see that you are still at it. Did you ever get your crossover issues sorted? I'm actually buying a pair of modded 2.5's from Mike up in Seattle.
  9. GTIanz

e-Cigarettes - Stop Smoking!

I hadn't seen this post previously. Both my wife and I use provari ecigs with nautilus heads and their refillable atomizers. Granted this setup isn't as cheap as most on the market but it's a very dependable and provides a consistent vape. We have used/tried a lot of different models over the...
  10. GTIanz

Outdoor speakers: starting my homework.

I bought a pair of Kicker KB6000 6.5" Indoor-Outdoor Speakers and they are pretty decent IMHO. http://www.frys.com/product/7550606?site=sr:SEARCH:MAIN_RSLT_PG I do "some" listening outdoors and it's really nice when entertaining - For $100 they have been good. I couldn't really justify...
  11. GTIanz

I have a complaint ;p

JBL L300's on craigslist.....been listed for months. Partly because they are asking too much IMHO and I think partly due to how messy their room is. The photo has been updated - they cleaned the crap off the top of the speaker and look to have used a little windex on the tops.
  12. GTIanz

Another great find. KEF 105/3!

Suppose I should give an explanation. The kefs are very accurate and precise. They also image well. But, in my space I prefer the big soundstage and more powerful bass response of my infinity rsII's. I also need to fund the purchase of a pair of rs2.5's.
  13. GTIanz

Thank you audio friends. Sending them to me won't be necessary. I have put the speakers up for sale.
  14. GTIanz

Great! This should be fun to follow. I'm wondering how much better the Special Edition 15" speakers from Pure audio project are an improvement (or if they are exactly the same) over the standard ones available from parts express. The $35 premium doesn't seem exorbitant. Which ones did you...
  15. GTIanz

Most excellent. Enjoyed your review. Do you have any plans to try other mid/tweet drivers. I'm curious about the differences between the tang band and the other two drivers they use (ESS Heil AMT 1 & Beyma TPL150/H AMT Horn Driver). Go crazy and try some emim/emit drivers? Are the speakers...
  16. GTIanz

following with great interest! Look forward to seeing how you feel they compare to some of your other legendary speakers.
  17. GTIanz

I think the lighting is playing tricks on your eyes. I assure you the surrounds are not "loaded" and are in fact round. The cone moves freely. I will admit that the foam looks "different" than the foam you used - but, how can you judge stiffness based on appearance alone? Are you saying...
  18. GTIanz

Why is it you believe that I have used the wrong dustcaps? The lighting and the photo aren't very good. But, I can't see any problem with them.
  19. GTIanz

I fixed the Uni-Q midrange driver! When I pulled the tweeter the first time I had dislodged the tweeter leads from their glue and the wires were ever so slightly protruding outside the circumference of the tweeter. Can easily see the problem from an earlier image: Ultimately it...
  20. GTIanz

Help! Shopping in Japan, overwhelmed with choices.

The audio suggestions are obviously in far better hands and I have nothing of value to add there. The Japanese are excessive and extravagant in their chosen "hobbies". They also go big!, and take great care of their possessions. Notice how every car is immaculate? Reason I'm posting is...
  21. GTIanz

KLH Twenty Three Restoration-PICS

Looking forward to seeing them stained and oiled. Bet they will look 8+/10 when they started at dumpster bound.
  22. GTIanz

KLH Twenty Three Restoration-PICS

You are very patient and meticulous. Beautiful work!
  23. GTIanz

What qualities do you crave most out of your speakers?

I need speakers to sound big and full. As such I have only found large speakers to fit the bill. I've also discovered that I like a huge soundstage. I want to close my eyes and feel like the walls have disappeared. Similarly, there needs to great placement and separation with instruments and...
  24. GTIanz

DCM TF2000 Deal of the Decade - with pics!

I am very impressed with what you have already done. You said that you are new to this? You are obviously familiar with electronics. I'd say that these speakers are in a pair of great hands. Bravo to you for giving these speakers a new lease on life!
  25. GTIanz

I need to try a proper British speaker...these should do (right???)

Great posts! I agree with everyone. There is no replacement for displacement! Applies to both cars and speakers. I equate bookshelves with 4 cyl engines and modern bookshelves with turbo'd 4's. While bookshelf speakers put out some good power they still can't compare to a healthy v8. And...
Back
Top Bottom