Search results

1. vendo81

Pilot SP-210 power supply

If anyone is thinking of building a separate power supply for a SP-210 preamp, you are making the right decision! After a recap of a friends SP-210, and using my rebuilt SA232 amplifier as a power supply, the results were OK at best. I decided to cut down a Pilot MPX 200 unit to use for the...
  2. vendo81

Marantz Tuner question

I'm finally getting time to work on my 10b tuner. It picks up loads of stations and I love the smooth tuning! One of the small pots for the scope on top is frozen which limits the position on the scope face. Are there any replacements that look original to replace the pot? Secondly, I was...
  3. vendo81

Speakers for Marantz 2285

Hi all. I just finished the slow process of completely recapping my Marantz 2285 (non B). I'm wanting to use it with a pair of smaller speakers in my bedroom. I was planning on using the 2285 with a pair of B&W 805's but after a long audition I'm not happy with the sound. OK at lower volumes...
  4. vendo81

Marantz 2285

I finally, after over a decade and a half recapped my Marantz 2285 :) Recapped the power supply, tone control and phono boards and both power output modules. Replaced the relay on the power supply as well. A couple bulbs were out but I kept them as original instead of changing them all out to...
  5. vendo81

Any Dual 1219 users out there?

I've had two Dual 1219's boxed away for 20+ years since I bought my Thorens TD124 and later added a Garrard 301. Recently my wife mentioned she wanted a turntable for the master bedroom to play her vinyl while she does her reading or relaxing. She asked if I knew of one that returns the arm...
  6. vendo81

Marantz receiver choice

I'm going to recap one of three Marantz receivers I have to use with a pair of B&W 805's. Going to use them in my bedroom as the 805's are small in size. Choice to recap is a 2245, 2265 and 2285. Any ideas of which is the best sounding receiver when rebuilt? I know the 805's need some power but...
  7. vendo81

Receiver for B&W 805's

A while back I ended up with a pair of B&W 805's in a trade. I had read where they sound pretty good and the small size is perfect for my bedroom. I want to use the pair with a receiver to save space as well. I've been reading that the 805's need power to sound their best. Some say 50 watts and...
  8. vendo81

Fisher with my coffee

Every morning (and sometimes late night) I drink my coffee out of a 42 year old Fisher coffee mug they gave to employees to celebrate 40 years in business. This morning I was waking up, drinking from my favorite Fisher mug. I found my wife looking at me in a strange way when I mentioned a new...
  9. vendo81

Pilot SA232

I'm working on a pilot SA232 amplifier. Does anyone know where there is a good readable schematic?
  10. vendo81

Scott amp to match my 310E

A while back I posted on my Scott 310E that I rebuilt. I've been looking for a matching amplifier. Scott made about a half dozen or so with the later picture frame face. I wanted a 299D as it has the same looks and the same 2 blue/green rectangular front panel lights. Last week, through a good...
  11. vendo81

Pilot AA-908 amplifier question

I have a pilot AA-908 amplifier (uses EL34's) that I've finally started working on. Does anyone have the instructions to adjust the Bias, AC and DC balance pots? I ordered a Sams on it which I hope has the information. I have been listening to the amp at night and think it's time to get the pots...
  12. vendo81

Western Electric tubes

I bought a couple of large boxes of octal tubes early this morning at a garage sale. They had maybe 150 tubes between the two and wanted $10 a box. Usually I find TV tubes but at first glance I saw a couple really good tubes mixed in so I bought both boxes without going through them. About half...
  13. vendo81

Scott 310E help

I bought a Scott amplifier and a Scott 310E tuner at a garage sale two weeks back. I got around to recapping the tuner this weekend and brought it up on a variac. I can hear a relay locking in as it tunes in a station but I'm only getting sound from one channel. The other channel has very low...
  14. vendo81

Fisher spacexpander question

Does anyone have a working Fisher spacexpander? I have one that is working but it has a non original tank. My original Fisher tank has both transducers open so there is no reading with an ohm meter on the input and output jacks. I'd like to get the DC resistance from an original Fisher tank to...
  15. vendo81

Fisher 400CX-2 potentiometer

On Ebay there is a person selling a new version of the volume pot (with on/off switch) for the Fisher 400cx-2, 400c, X-1000, etc... Of the half dozen or so 400cx-2 preamp's I've owned, 3 had volume pots that wouldn't track correctly. One channels volume would track differently than the other...
  16. vendo81

Onken speakers

Has anyone here built or bought a pair of Onken speakers? After hearing them last week I'd like to build a pair. Honestly some of the smoothest low bass I've ever heard. Not boomy at all and authoritative. Mids and highs were smooth and wonderful. My friend had bought, and didn't build his pair...
  17. vendo81

Pioneer rt-707

Lately I've been recapping and rebuilding my Revox PR99 MKIII reel to reel that I've used for several years. It's a great machine for recording on open reel. Many years ago I had a Pioneer RT-707 that I really enjoyed. Very compact and the sound was fantastic. I had bought dozens of prerecorded...
  18. vendo81

Altec cabinet plans

I've had the complete insides from a pair of Altec 19's sitting around for a while. The horns are 511's instead of the 811's but use the 802-8G drivers. I was planning on building some cabinets for them, with the horns on top. I know I could copy the standard cabinet but I prefer a bottom...
  19. vendo81

Table mounting

I have a Thorens TD124 that in the past I just sat it freely on it's plinth, using mushrooms. It was in a very lightweight vintage Ortofon plinth. I now have a heavy layered plywood plinth and want to do things right. Do you bolt down the turntable tightly (or just snug) to the plinth using...
  20. vendo81

Scott 296 owners

I have recently been listening to my newly restored Scott 296 in place of my Fisher system. I use the tuner section from a Scott 355 pre/tuner as both were built on the large "G" chassis, and a 4310 is almost impossible to find and very expensive. The 296 has exceptional sound and power to...
  21. vendo81

Reducing HH Scott tuner meter bounce

I rebuilt my Scott 296 a few months back and finally got time to finish the rebuild of my Scott 355 pre/tuner. I'm using the 355 as a stand alone tuner as it has the large "G" chassis like the 296. When finished, one thing that was really annoying is the way the tuning meter on the 355 bounces...
  22. vendo81

Scarce 400 CX-2

Here's a 400CX-2 on auction you don't see every day. Looks to be from a 1964 Regent console. I've seen several President face plates but not the Regent before.
  23. vendo81

FM1000 Meter Replacement

Hopefully I can help someone out as I've replaced both meters over the last coupe years in the FM1000 I use nightly. The original meters are often not working, and as I found out, don't always last if they do work. After the tuner's rebuild, and about 6 months of use, the VU meter quit. I...
  24. vendo81

1950's President found

Well I picked this President up today. I was visiting a friend and he mentioned that he saw it yesterday in a local antique store. It had just been moved in shortly before he was there. I think it's late 1950's, maybe 1958? Has slide down door that hides all the components and 2 EL37 mono blocks...
  25. vendo81

SME and Shure match

Which SME 3009 arm performs best with a Shure V15-VMR? Is it the series II or series II improved?
Back
Top Bottom