Search results

1. NJguy

Rare Lafayette LA-74 (?) with LT-D10 Tuner.

I got this a few years ago at an estate sale and have recently started using it. Its a Lafayette LA-74 and purchased with the Sister tuner LT-D10. Is this receiver really rare or something....I cannot find much info at all online or ebay...nada on ebay. Anyone know anything about it and its...
  2. NJguy

My AR2a speakers, are they a real early pair?

I have a pair of AR2a speakers, trying to date them roughly. Im guessing they are early versions because 1- the serial # is low 4 digits (d 1290 on one of them the other close by) 2- the grill has a different color than most I see...darker more glitzy 3- One of them has an "a" badge. Does it...
  3. NJguy

Trouble Cleaning Volume Pot on Lafayette LR 5000

This is actually for a friend. He has an LR 5000 receiver by Lafayette and he managed to clean all pots except for the Volume (which crackles when turning) which he says is impossible to get to (see photos he points to where the volume pot is). He says its inside a boxed area and too difficult...
  4. NJguy

Realistic sta-2100

just found one at goodwill for $30. Not familiar with it but looks like a monster , like it was trying to compete with a pioneer 1080? Anyone know anything about them?
  5. NJguy

Goodwill Find Sansui Sp-x6000

Found these guys Sansui SP-x6000 (mid 1970's) at Goodwill for $29.99 , plugged them into my Marantz 2252b and they sound much better than what I had hooked up before. Such a full sound...loving it! Foams were intact!
  6. NJguy

Goodwill Bang & Olufsen Beogram 8002

Picked up a really cool and heavy Beogram 8002 at Goodwill today. It turns on and spins but has some erratic behavior. This is a Linear TT and the arm moves a little when hitting play but goes back to start position before ever making it out to the LP. So while it powers up its not really...
  7. NJguy

AR-2a SN# D 1190

Hey everyone, I picked up a pair of AR-2a speakers, with badges, grille etc... Serial Numbers are d 1190 and d 1291. Would these be early versions? Anything special? Haven't plugged them in yet to test. Will later. Thanks.
  8. NJguy

Estate Sale 300 Stylus Find

Went to an estate sale and found cases of mostly sealed turntable Stylus. Not to familiar with these but Im guessing they are for old phonograph style ones? Maybe worth $5-20 a piece I think? I love the Box some of it came in. Check it out, let me know if you know anything about these. Thanks
  9. NJguy

Listening Spaces of the Stars in 1975

Reading an old Rolling Stone magazine from Sep. 25 1975 (Eagles on Cover) and in this edition they talk alot about what the stars were using for HI-FI. Here are photos of a few of them. Enjoy the time travel.
  10. NJguy

Can someone ID this TT?

Can someone ID this turntable and receiver? Thanks!
  11. NJguy

Beautiful AR 4x pair given to me today

Last year I got lucky when a retired gentleman and his wife gave me an AR Receiver, AR5 speakers and an AR Turntable (thread here http://audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?threads/ar-model-r-ar-turntable-and-ar5-speakers.696785/ ). But today I got lucky again, he contacted me and said his wife...
  12. NJguy

Early 60s AR brochures and literature

i recently was given 3 pieces of AR equipment from the 60s. And AR receiver model R, and AR turntable model xa and 5ax speakers. Then a month later the person found an envelope full of the manuals and other AR related brochures and literature. They all seem to be from between 1961-63. Here...
  13. NJguy

Any reliable audio repair in North Jersey?

im looking for a reliable audio repair tech in north jersey, possibly central jersey. Anyone know of any? One guy I found near my house one time was a flake and held my stuff forever and in the end never gotbthe job done. Would love to find someone reliable to get some stuff I have repaired...
  14. NJguy

How do I clean hard desintegrated mat off tt platter?

Got an AR turntable today and the old mat melted decomposed onto the platter and while the top layer wiped off the bottom layer stuck hard to the platter. Tested some wd40 on it and it did nothing at all. Any ideas how to get this platter in shape?
  15. NJguy

AR model R, AR Turntable and AR5 speakers

Great day today, i was given these by someone that was going to toss these out otherwise. He had them stored for many years and the wife wanted him to clean things up. AR model R stereo AR turntable model XA if im not mistaken Two AR5 speakers Havent plugged anything in yet. The mat of the tt...
  16. NJguy

Living up your christmas music with a Brazilian beat

this is great , try it
  17. NJguy

Whats the brown gunk wiped off old gear?

when wiping off for the first time old stereos or tables in particular anything with real or fake wood you get lots of brown wiped off onto the paper towel. Is this decades of dust, a mix of wood stain with dust, smoke and whatever else? Or is it mostly wood stain? Its just so much that comes off.
  18. NJguy

Goodwill raided by FBI

Hmmmm I always thougt there was funny business in that corporation...all that free stuff coming in and reselling it ...to supposedly help the disabled. I didnt know they got taxpayer funds also on top of the stash they rake in at zero cost...
  19. NJguy

The Mystery of the Modified Blonder-Tongue Audio Baton. Can you solve it?

Long but interesting story and mystery. This is my stash from the estate sale someone posted on AK in this thread http://www.audiokarma.org/forums/showthread.php?t=671686. I zoned in on the blonder tongue audio batons from the OPs first post where he mentioned these strange looking devices...
  20. NJguy

What does it mean when unit smokes when tube is plugged in

I have a old tube component that im testing. I opened the back and plugged it in and all tubes go on. But i noticed a little smoke starting to come out of the covered wire area near one of the tubes. When i reajusted the tube (it looked loose) the smoke stopped but the tube didnt go on either...
  21. NJguy

Best way to ship a tube radio?

Hi guys, i need to ship a tube radio and want to do it right so I figure i would ask here. Should i take the tubes out and wrap them individually or are they secure in the socket in the radio? Im inclinded to wrap them individually but want to ask those that have done this before. Thanks.
  22. NJguy

Sinatra obsessed estate sale

This guy for sure was obsessed with ole blue eyes. Tons of sinatra stuff. Seems like he had everything ever made about sinatra. Whats the sinatra market like these days? I imagine not as good as some. Time ago? http://www.estatesales.net/NJ/Hasbrouck-Heights/07604/956253
  23. NJguy

Can you decipher the price on this technics sl1700

This is at an estate sale but i cant make out the price. Its a technics.sl1700 Can anyone make out the number? Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  24. NJguy

Id this estate sale turntable

This is the only photo of it. Any idea what it is? Thanks. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  25. NJguy

I turned my wall display of LP records into a puzzle. Can you crack the code?

The latest update to my Music Room was done today. What looks like just a wall display of album covers is actually that PLUS a game/music puzzle. I set it up so that i can constantly change the artwork on the wall and for the first set of 9 albums I decided to create a puzzle of sorts...
Back
Top Bottom