Search results

1. avguytx

Speaker factory - dual 8" tower - anyone know these?

This "speakerfactory.net" site and the original older company, Speaker Factory, are two entirely different companies. The original company was around when Speakerlab was going strong and had their SK model plus the Super 7 which used EV horns/mids and tweeters. The Speaker Factory also had...
  2. avguytx

Newly Purchased DCM TFE200s have tweeter coil rub, solutions?

Just remove the ferrofluid altogether and call it good. I can assure you that it being on those speakers, it was a marketing thing along with potentially helping against a lot of warranty repairs. (Again, I was a rep for these for 6 years) Most often, ferrofluid can hinder/alter...
  3. avguytx

Upgrading speaker posts on VTA ST70

The VTA ST-70 is quite a bit beefier than the older ST-70. It can run quite a few other tubes than just EL-34 from what I recall about the one I had. I was running 6550's, I believe.
  4. avguytx

PRV D2200Ph & ZXPC 18x10 Horn

I've seriously thought about this PRV D2200Ph/WG45-50 combo for my Speakerlab SK rebuild in place of the HD350 horns and Atlas PD5VH drivers (using Crites W1526C woofers). I've had thoughts of making them similar to a Klipschorn AK6 with the removable tops and using the HD350/PD5VH with the...
  5. avguytx

Speaker Builders

Sell the drivers online as there will be people who might want them for spares for their own that they love or have an attachment to. I've done that plenty of times. I keep spare parts for my Klipsch Epic CF-3's as they only made them a few years in the mid 90's and OEM parts are next to...
  6. avguytx

Speaker Builders

That's the only post that even shows on Google search so there's no validity to that whatsoever. There was a sale for a pair on Reverb written by, what appears to be, the same person who made that comment here years ago about working for JBL Sound in Customer Service. First off, no one...
  7. avguytx

Speaker Builders

Haha. No....I mean real proof. Not another AK article from someone's random post. Lipstick on a pig is what comes to mind.
  8. avguytx

Speaker Builders

Sansui made some pretty darn cool speakers back in the day. But these were not in that group and many didn't make it on U.S. soil unless brought back.
  9. avguytx

Speaker Builders

Please enlighten the class on where you read JBL did that. Which is not true. I've owned both of the above Sansui speakers for a very...short....time. Most any other speakers I've ever owned sounded better than either. Even speakers 1/4th their size or less. But to each their own.
  10. avguytx

JBL C40 Harkness posted near me on offer up

@Ziinda This should be posted in Dollars & Sense
  11. avguytx

Yeah, I personally thought they were great sounding speakers for the money back then. We closed them out for stupid cheap to dealers when the warehouses were closing down in 2009.
  12. avguytx

BA A-100, Pioneer HPM-40, or Dynaudio A-25 ?

I've owned all 3 pairs through the years although not all 3 at the same time. Me personally, My first choice would be either the Boston or the Dynaco. Both sound quite good for what they are. The HPM were kind of meh...
  13. avguytx

Could always just spin the tweeters around some where they might "reform". I wouldn't turn them upside down, personally. I remember those speakers as we sold those and stocked them in our warehouses in Dallas and Houston. That was back between 2003 and 2009 roughly.
  14. avguytx

Polyswitch (resettable fuse) rating for EV T-3500 in Speakerlab 7

Or just replace with better tweeters. ;)
  15. avguytx

New to me Speakerlab K's!

@pete1729 Here's a crossover network that will work for the Speakerlab K's and especially so when a person moves away from that T-35 tweeter. Adjustable output through the autoformers that will change the output of the mid & tweeter simultaneously at different settings. I'm using Crites...
  16. avguytx

YouTube Reviewer Threatened With Legal Action Over Speaker Review

Well, this can be marked as a company I will never buy nor recommend anyone to.
  17. avguytx

A question for Klipschorn owners with collared top hats

I remember being able to figure all that fun math at one time. Lol Going to price having it done versus cutting them myself.
  18. avguytx

Thanks for that info! Appreciate it!
  19. avguytx

I need some dimensions of the top hats on Klipschorns. What I'm looking for is the literal width of the front, the depth down the sides, and even the length of the angled section back to the "point". Dimensions on the web are very vague so I'm hoping someone with a pair could measure those for...
  20. avguytx

Car Speakers

That might be a little interesting. Maybe not impossible; but interesting. I don't recall ever putting any in that location. We did ads 320i components a lot in the doors and sometimes the ads 300i plate speakers but not everyone wants to cut doors. When I google "1976 Porsche 911 interior"...
  21. avguytx

Mystery vintage corner speaker Klipsch-ish? Lincoln 1200 18

Appears to have decent drivers in there. Have any rodents taken up residency in the past?
  22. avguytx

Car Speakers

@Blackharp Maybe some ads L200C's or L300C's. Also might post a picture of the location you want to put them in for those of us that don't know the layout of the car. I worked on plenty of various 911's in my first career of home and car audio (from 1984 till 2009) and did some cool systems...
  23. avguytx

Atlas PD-5VH diaphragm replacement

Sounding pretty darn good so far on a Dynakit ST-70. ;) It's down to building new top hats and then side grills.
  24. avguytx

Atlas PD-5VH diaphragm replacement

It was thicker than what it should be. It was recommended by the people at The Loudspeaker Store in Seattle who are the Speakerlab people. His quote to me: "Ironically, we have a pair of the tweeters with dried up ferro-fluid. We will usually just clean it out and not replace it, the original...
  25. avguytx

Speakerlab K rebuild. 4.2.24 New crossovers done

Thanks! No pics of the new tweeters in the new horns at the moment as they are just sitting on a pillow on top of the mids. lol The all new tops will have the tweeter placed above the mid.
Back
Top Bottom