Search results

1. O

Pioneer SA-9800 fell down from waist height during shipping...

Have it all. I guess the best is to start it new and uptill it's new it will get hits.
  2. O

I see. I probably have to start conversation with previous contributors. Which I'm in the process now. THANKS for checking
  3. O

New to site. Hard time using.

Hi I posted discussion on repair of Pioneer 9800 receiver, left it for week than returned troubleshooting, but it seems to freeze and I don't know how to continue discussion. What's best way?
  4. O

Original Thorens TD160 arrives on my SHELF and asking folks questions

I have no doubt, but first would risk $6...7 at McMaster. It's where all companies in the Earth order drive belts from for any purpose. Obviously there will be no Thorens sign there :-). If $7 belt fails or will not function proper, I will order Thorens belt that also can be utilized at...
  5. O

8080db reception is somewhat weak vs. other tuners and receivers I have.

Any models in mind? I'm very new to tuners, but hearing John Di Liberto out of Columbus area brings me LOTS of joy on NPR and I want to hear my SANS not my little 10w unit!
  6. O

No need for exact measurements. all drive belts assumed to have stretch. Your provided sizes are sufficient for McMaster to order. https://www.mcmaster.com/#drive-belts/=1biolkj -- made to order. just plug in your values and the number will be around $6...7. No chit pal. In fact, I have about 5...
  7. O

Got that :-) One last thingie: Don't really want to spend $40+ shipping from Jerry Raskin on original belt and would like to ask for size mainly width and thickness. I can order such from McMaster for single digit amount shipped. Currently it has thinner newer turntable belt looks like Crosly or...
  8. O

MikeT, I did not capture underneath the bottom cover, but once I get my new RCA plugs of choice for original wires, I will post my assembly. It's far simpler than Technics that I normally deal with as one who gives them for rent to DJ's and service those after gigs when necessary. Have close...
  9. O

Many thanks Tom indeed for great detailed answer that simplifies my endeavors. I only have to take some effort to bond wires strong to RCA plug. Having hefty number of brass ones, but they're too thick to be bonded with original wire TIGHT. Will probably have to use some 'filling' inside the...
  10. O

Walker CJs, AR XAs it really does not matter -- I want to hear choices I have -- chassis, wires, spindles -- not shipping not going to -- planning to keep till my last breath. I picked it up for me personally and not to flip -- so shipping rules out 100%.
  11. O

Shelly_D, I doubt that the original wire is OK at this point. The RCA plugs from KAB are $12 + shipping each and assembled wire of premium quality is $54 shipped. The new RCA plugs will be not easy to bond with hair-thin wire and will require me to hassle with filling holes to make sure that RCA...
  12. O

suspension screws on mine have c-clips so they will never disappear from chassis. it's easy to ship this way, but, nevertheless, I picked up mine locally and I don't think I paid much per condition and near-new ATN144 cartridge with original stylus (another at least $100 there). headshell wires...
  13. O

8080db reception is somewhat weak vs. other tuners and receivers I have.

While my miniature vintage Lafayette LR-220 has no issues picking up NPR in stereo, Sans tunes it with large noise and broadcast barely audible. In fact there's only one station that Sans can pick up in STEREO while my little one does it with no problem. When I attach external wire to an antenna...
  14. O

I think I know which wires I need. It's KAB technics wires terminated on one end 33pf/m low capacitance Litz strands -- hassle free.
  15. O

Hi I have made few pictures of the amp apart: Tools present: for "invasive test" Weller station WES51 and Radkosnack bulb desolder-vacuum.
  16. O

Hi all and THANKS! I'm back to my wounded baby and will try to bring it back this weekend singing without 'sore throat' :-) Hi 9800 has wire-wrap connectors -- pain in arz fo sho! I will have to solder out them and keep wire on and than put everything back. Will start from disconnecting a...
  17. O

Hi If anyone wants to welcome me to the Thorens camp, I'M ALL IN! The seller claimed not to use it much since 1974 when he bought one and it was pretty much correct statement. That did not make this turntable any more marketable than one that had been in usage at all except chassis is really in...
  18. O

I have scope meter and signal generator.
  19. O

Please note my first post. I did amp-preamp connect-disconnect to rule out prior asking.
  20. O

ph2113, brilliant. i'll keep posted. buzzing in the sense of insecure contact and it's sealed relay you can't open and clean.
  21. O

I resoldered protection board and still when I wiggle, the relay is noisy. Would need to try to remove the board and reattach after cleaning.
  22. O

loosened grounds or other stuff was found on protection board already.
  23. O

So far I can't see cracks on mounted board. Prior usage of zip-tie partially rules-out possibility as well.
  24. O

Hi My story isn't short, but I'll try to be. The amp was dropped accidentally from near-waist height flat onto the top down. After the drop, the relay started to be noisy and amp started AC outlet hum audible significantly via speakers and headphones. I ruled out amp/preamp by connecting it...
  25. O

Sansui SR717 takes time to run stable rpm

Done cleaning on trim pots. The fluctuation is audible first 2...3 min, than when it 'worms up' fluctuation disappears and and manageable to adjust to stable speed.
Back
Top Bottom