Search results

1. O

New to site. Hard time using.

Hi I posted discussion on repair of Pioneer 9800 receiver, left it for week than returned troubleshooting, but it seems to freeze and I don't know how to continue discussion. What's best way?
  2. O

8080db reception is somewhat weak vs. other tuners and receivers I have.

While my miniature vintage Lafayette LR-220 has no issues picking up NPR in stereo, Sans tunes it with large noise and broadcast barely audible. In fact there's only one station that Sans can pick up in STEREO while my little one does it with no problem. When I attach external wire to an antenna...
  3. O

Original Thorens TD160 arrives on my SHELF and asking folks questions

Hi If anyone wants to welcome me to the Thorens camp, I'M ALL IN! The seller claimed not to use it much since 1974 when he bought one and it was pretty much correct statement. That did not make this turntable any more marketable than one that had been in usage at all except chassis is really in...
  4. O

Pioneer SA-9800 fell down from waist height during shipping...

Hi My story isn't short, but I'll try to be. The amp was dropped accidentally from near-waist height flat onto the top down. After the drop, the relay started to be noisy and amp started AC outlet hum audible significantly via speakers and headphones. I ruled out amp/preamp by connecting it...
  5. O

Sansui SR717 takes time to run stable rpm

Hi My turntable is playing great, however I have to worm it up in 'ON' position so it spins for about 2..3 minutes before RPM become stable. If I lay down record and play cold the RPM fluctuates and needs constant adjustment. Anything can be done? Any ideas where to check? Perhaps speed board...
  6. O

Accuphase E-202 weak left channel and circuit breaker and...

Hi I pikced up an amp and hooked up. The left channel was weak. I hooked up an alternative preamp and all channels are fine so I eliminated problem in poweramp components . First off I removed all circuit boards and cleaned connectors. Reapplied fresh solder on cold joints when spotted...
  7. O

SANSUI G-6000

Hi I came across beautifully looking G-6000 receiver and started bringing it back to life. Before going under the box: 1. Audio is present via headphones clean from FM and AM radio 2. Audio is distorted in right channel when played via speakers B&W DM117(any adjustment needed?) 3. Audio is...
Back
Top Bottom