Search results

1. amr2

Yamaha T2 need an alignment?

Apologies for resurrecting this old topic. I added a beautiful T2 to my collection, and it had a problem. The volume was low, and uneven between channels. The culprits, TR413 and 413, 2sk68a. Both measure as a resistance. The idss in this case is not very critical, so I decided to use some...
  2. amr2

PC2002M distortion in left channel

Remenber to clean the stereo/mono selector.
  3. amr2

Ya know what really really suxs ?

I think I have some originals "in stock"
  4. amr2

Ya know what really really suxs ?

Wow, sorry to hear that. Thank goodness it is in good hands. ;)
  5. amr2

A-1020 on the hobbyist bench

I use Wakefield-Vette thermal compound
  6. amr2

Incoming B-6...Might be a basket case...will need Avionics help for sure !!! FIXED, again !!!

There are counterfeits that can work more or less well, but they usually have a smaller die than the original, and they can fail under load. I would do some testing increasing the load gradually.
  7. amr2

Another MX-1000 refurbished

I used wide dispersion LEDs (140º), Kingbright brand. Right now I don't remember the reference, I think they are already discontinued. Once the mod that @Nashou66 remarks is made, you simply have to replace each bulb with an LED + a series resistor. As you probably already know, the function of...
  8. amr2

Yamaha P2200, resistor on input?

You could also add an external protection, between the amplifier and the speakers. But I like it integrated, and it's a reversible mod.
  9. amr2

Yes. There is also a BOM posted in case you need it.
  10. amr2

This amplifier does not have speaker protection in case of failure. Keep that in mind. I have a post somewhere on how to add it.
  11. amr2

Hello, and welcome aboard! That resistor is not OEM, someone added it. I would remove it.
  12. amr2

MX-1000 cap question

C528 did not exist on my unit..
  13. amr2

Yamaha M-80 in PROTECTION MODE

toluene is a very good glue remover.
  14. amr2

Yamaha p2200 some questions

I have this
  15. amr2

Yamaha C-2a Restoration

Yes, OEM solutions are not always optimal. But in the case of mica or thermal pads, I usually respect it. It's just personal preference...
  16. amr2

Yamaha C-2a Restoration

No, I haven't had bad experiences. It's personal preference. I usually always put what the manufacturer used, so it has an OEM look. There are thermal pads with very good characteristics, you will not have any problems.
  17. amr2

Yamaha C-2a Restoration

Good job. IMHO, I would use a good quality thermal compound with mica, and not thermal pads.
  18. amr2

C-2A opinions wanted

I have bought one recently. It is in very good condition. I had to clean the famous glue, and replace a couple of capacitors with corrosion on the legs. Change thermal grease, readjust and little else. This preamplifier works quite hot, so it will need more or less work depending on the use it...
  19. amr2

Yamaha M-80 Protection/Restoration

You won't have any problem
  20. amr2

Yamaha PC2002 Right Channel: quieter and also distorted

You have to clean up the Sony Bond glue, it causes malfunctions
  21. amr2

MX-1000 display not working

rectifier, sorry
  22. amr2

MX-1000 New project

In any case, once disconnected from the DBT, the bias current must be checked and readjusted if necessary.
  23. amr2

You will need to use at least one rectifying diode, or the reverse voltage will mess up the leds.
  24. amr2

Start by measuring voltage on the transformer, then resistors, and push button. There isn't much else...
  25. amr2

Yamaha H7000 / PC7500

Something to consider is the airflow, static pressue and working conditions. In case of PA amplifiers, it's common for them to be installed in cabinets with little space for airflow, therefore noisy fans are used that can work with higher static pressure and have a greater no-load airflow...
Back
Top Bottom