Search results

1. amr2

Another MX-1000 refurbished

Here are some pics of the latest addition to my collection. 1- Speaker binding posts New binding posts, capacitors and relays. MX-1000_01 by amr2 posted Jul 11, 2022 at 4:53 AMMX-1000_03 by amr2 posted Jul 11, 2022 at 4:53 AMMX-1000_04 by amr2 posted Jul 11, 2022 at 4:53 AMMX-1000_05 by amr2...
  2. amr2

Yamaha MX-1000 Faceplate

Hello I have fixed several MX-1000s, but have never owned one. I decided to add one to my collection :D. I received it this week. Its in very good shape. Original manual, a single owner, and never repaired. Good. But the packaging wasn't very good, and the courier company hit the package...
  3. amr2

Sansui AU-111 restoration

Hello I have a new project on the workbench :). It is a nice Sansui AU-111. The amp works, it has new output tubes, but it needs some attention. The idea is: - Change all the electrolytic capacitors, they are still the original ones. - Also change the mica ones, as suggested by @smurfer77 in...
  4. amr2

Yamaha TX-1000 encoder

Hello Does anybody know if the tuner encoder is still available? It is listed as Part# VG200400 - Rotary encoder EC16B30B
  5. amr2

Pioneer SA-8100 restoration

Hello I'm servicing this unit. All components seems to be OEM. I found that the control board ( AWG-017) have some cut traces and some components under the board. They appear to be OEM These are the installed capacitors C1 1/25 C2 1/25 C11 22/10 C12 22/10 C15 100/6.3 C16 100/6.3 C17 4.7/25...
  6. amr2

Sansui 8080DB dolby board

Hello I need some help with this receiver. Someone has worked on it, and the signal is lost in this board. I have signal until tape 1 rec output. The dolby switch have been disassembled, and the wafers are all different, perhaps someone have any information about their positions. On the other...
  7. amr2

Any owner of Yamaha p4050?

I would like to check the power supply voltages without load. Thanks you!
  8. amr2

Yamaha PC2602 / PC1602 isle current

This adjustment is missing in the service manual, and the idling current was unknown....until now. Thanks to AKer @Serg111 :beerchug: PD: sorry for the typo in the title :( I can not edit it.
  9. amr2

Sony TA-N55ES Restoration

Some pics :) TAN55ES-001 by amr2 posted Aug 25, 2019 at 10:13 AMTAN55ES-002 by amr2 posted Aug 25, 2019 at 10:13 AMTAN55ES-003 by amr2 posted Aug 25, 2019 at 10:13 AMTAN55ES-004 by amr2 posted Aug 25, 2019 at 10:13 AMTAN55ES-005 by amr2 posted Aug 25, 2019 at 10:13 AM A Class Board - Cleaning...
  10. amr2

Revox C270 issues

Hello I don't have much experience with reels, so any advice will be welcome. It started playing slowly, and after that:
  11. amr2

McIntosh MA6100

Hello I'm finishing the restoration of this beauty. The unit is in very good cosmetic condition. The main caps and the bridge diodes were damaged. I did a full recap, changed all bad parts, new bulbs, etc. I will post some pics once finished. But I have a big problem. The volume pot. Parts...
  12. amr2

TAD 2402

Hello I want to build a TAD 2402 clone. If anyone has any info about the exact box size, construction details, or any other information it will be very helpful Thank you
  13. amr2

Simple Component Tester (Octopus)

Hello I built this simple component tester, based on the HAMEG HZ65. It's very simple to build, and it performs quite well. If anyone is interested, this is the original Hameg service manual, schematic included.
  14. amr2

Pioneer A-91A relay drivers

Hello I'm servicing this integrated. It has several burned relay drivers (RN2201). Does anybody know a suitable replacement? Thank you.
  15. amr2

Now it's time to ...

:D:D:D
  16. amr2

Von Schweikert VR4 Gen III HSE

Hello I'm restoring a pair of Von Schweikert VR4 Gen III HSE. The first problem is that the previous owner changed many components in the crossover network, and I want to rebuild it with the original values. I was wondering if there is any information available about this, a schematic with the...
  17. amr2

Some CA-3000 pics

Some pics of a mint CA-3000 preamp, with original box. It has hardly been used, since it has been stored for many years. It only needs to clean the switches and potentiometers. It's from a friend of mine, who has also the BA-3000 in the same conditions :naughty:
  18. amr2

Subwoofer JBL

Hello I'm planning to build something with my JBL W15GTI, for music and movies. For reason of space, I need a compact box, so I'm going to use a sealed enclosure with EQ to increase the low frequency response to 25Hz. I have used this on other occasions and I like the result. This is only a...
  19. amr2

Dynavector DV-505

Hello I have this tone arm with electronic arm lift mechanism. Anybody knows the voltage of the coil (left connector)? Thank you.
  20. amr2

Yamaha PC2002M restoration

My latest pickup, an old PC2002M. It works, although it is in poor condition. I will disassembly it and restore it the best I can. The more difficult part to restore will be the meter and power switch plastic frames. If anyone have them (the plastic frames), please send me a PM… I will post...
  21. amr2

Picked up a non-working Yamaha t-85

Hello I have just picked up this tuner. The seller stated that the problem is only the screen that doesn't light up, but It doesn't work at all. When it powers on, only memory leds lights up (B1-B10). The rest of leds and the display lights up for a fraction of second when the unit is powered...
  22. amr2

MX-1000 rebuild

Hello A very abused MX-1000 is on the bench. Two techs have been working on it and now the amp is a complete disaster. Broken traces, several fake transistors, missing parts... I have removed both APS boards, because I want to test the power supply and V-AMP sections first. The power supply...
  23. amr2

Yamaha Hyperbolic Conversion Amplification (HCA)

From Audio power amplifier design. Douglas Self, Sixth Edition To whom it may concern... Yamaha non-switching Yamaha did not want to be left out of the non-switching business. Their version was called Hyperbolic Conversion Amplification (HCA). The implication seems to be that two hyperbolic...
  24. amr2

Next restoration: Yamaha PC2602M

Hello I will start with this tank the next week. The amplifier is in good shape, it needs a general cleaning and some minor restorations. This model uses a (noisy) rear fan to force air when it gets hot (TH >60ºC). I will change it for a quieter model. Now the bad part...it has a weak channel...
  25. amr2

New Yamaha preamp

Hello My "new" toy. A Yamaha C-70. I had to re-solder the power supply, It runs quite hot and there was a lot of cold joints. I removed the glue of the main PS capacitors also. Seems to work fine... :music: P.D: Is there any adjustment that needs to be checked?
Back
Top Bottom