Search results

1. warriorpoet777

Insurance loss value for equipment and loose parts and components

Had small fire in garage and wondering if any advice or magic words I should use to try to get fair replacement values...
  2. warriorpoet777

Sanyo plus 130 questions

So I bought this piece on AK some time ago to temporarily replace my garage receiver. It's been good for a couple years but now I'm wondering as I am hearing some hiss.....should I invest in restoring this receiver?
  3. warriorpoet777

Bogen/ lear siegler Church pa rack cabinet and components

Any knowledge on model 680 carillon with mechanical clock and tape decks?
  4. warriorpoet777

Amperex bugleboy NOS EL37

Can't remember where I got them, possibly from Jay but not sure... No original boxes. Tested on eico 666 and Dynaquick 650 All 4 off the scale for merit and tube life. Any opinions on value? Are these the superior 6l6 variant? If so why? Thanks for any reply?
  5. warriorpoet777

Fisher 800b restoration questions

Sn 251338 I got this from a friend a few years ago and recently started installing the components from a metalbone kit. I'm at the b+ section and have hamfest cans on backorder (45 days)but meanwhile I was going to install a 2x100uf in place of the cardboard c102. When I look at the...
  6. warriorpoet777

Recent AU-717 restoration by Ray Gianelli

Hello, just wanted to post as a well satisfied owner of a newly restored integrated. I've been looking for a tech for a while now and I contacted leestereo a couple years ago but the shipping cost was prohibitive. So when I saw Ray selling a leestereo based restored unit I contacted him. It...
  7. warriorpoet777

Lincoln NE to Minneapolis round trip 4/15-4/18

Glad to smuggle your treasure free of cost
  8. warriorpoet777

looking for tech to service/restore CA 2010

My first Yamaha integrated is on the way. Can anyone recommend a tech or does anyone have interest in going through this piece? Thanks for any input, James
  9. warriorpoet777

Ohio to Nebraska

floor stander BW 3000 from east Liverpool Ohio to Lincoln Nebraska
  10. warriorpoet777

Need help with Hickok 800A

Does anyone go through these? It has no power and seems completely dead. What should I do or what would you charge me to get it going?
  11. warriorpoet777

EAR PL-519 OPT question

Have 2 of these and just took my meter through the OPT's there are 15 leads in 3 rows of 5 the last row is 0, 4, 8, 16, Green I think think Green is a feedback winding, this OPT is said to be a copy of a McIntosh design.... Anyway I got 120.2 ohms from green to ground on the first one and...
  12. warriorpoet777

Stupid questions about fisher 80AZ

So if I was a stream of music coursing through the wire and I hit a cap I get limited frequency passage from that point on right? Like a crossover? So this .22uf Capacitor in the signal path right from the RCA+ to the volume pot? Basic question is whats it here for and should / do all tube...
  13. warriorpoet777

Request lesson on tube driven speakers

Is there already a place this has been covered on AK? I have been accumulating Alnico drivers to build my speaker system but not having any luck finding out what makes efficient good sounding speakers driven by tube?
  14. warriorpoet777

B&W DM 2000 right side cutting out

Have tried 3 different amps, changed all signal cables, all components in line to them-it is the speaker or crossover circutry. Switched the driver and still doing it. Gotta be xover Thinking I will replace capacitors on the crossover first unless someone knows of a common failure elsewhere in...
  15. warriorpoet777

phono sounds bad bad bad through el84 SE console but digital is sweet

Got an electrohome console and set it up as follows: Added small criterion to ext spkr output. running audio path through Iphone -sounds amazingly superb. or Sony PS-x600 with ortophon OM 14stylus -sounds horribly shitty muffled garbage this table sounds incredible in my SS sansui stack. Nikko...
  16. warriorpoet777

New in Wichita

I could really use some coaching with tube amp rebuilding. I have a few going and a good teacher would be just what the doctor ordered. Any wichita folks in here? It is a science to many of you but still an art to me and there is a lot to learn, its pretty damn fun too! James
  17. warriorpoet777

newbee stupid questions a/b Silvertone PP Can cap with capacitance ranges

I know I am not the first to ask this stuff, so if there is a beginners reference to help me rebuild console pulls without costly mistakes I am all ears: I appreciate in advance any help!!! So newbee still at this silvertone el84pp. Getting edcor 15 w 8 ohm but is 10k ohm the correct winding...
  18. warriorpoet777

Silvertone fix - EL84 Push Pull output transformers

I have been researching transformers, I am attempting to get this sucker going and gain some insight before buying a bigger kit. The spares you mention are exactly what I am looking for. I must admit that beyond matching what was there I am unable to improvise. Had a couple PM's but I cant...
  19. warriorpoet777

Cart identification on my Sansui SR 2050c

This is my first TT. I have been creeping deeper into the dark side and now I am committed. I do need some guidance on cart choice capability and needles. I listen to Jazz mostly, heavy on organ and trumpet. I have no idea where to begin so asking for educated opinions.
Back
Top Bottom