Search results

1. OttOpixel

Yamaha NS-10MMTs

I received a pair of Yamaha minis from @KrautNotRice a couple months ago, but the room for where I was planning to use them is not currently available. (Darkroom & Covid related etc.) Today I unpacked them and hooked them up to a restored Advent 300 I got from @patfont. What a sweet little...
  2. OttOpixel

New Cart from Osephjay!

Just received an upgraded Denon DL 300 from our favourite re- tipping expert. Well, he is now certainly my favourite person to upgrade a phono cartridge. Led Zep 1 happened to be at hand having revisited it last night. It inaugurated the DL 300. I Get It! Never has my system sounded this...
  3. OttOpixel

Original Recordings. Now.

I love efforts like this. I’m not interested in hearing about the price of the products. It’s a niche and it’s cool. https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/28/arts/music/electric-recording-co-vinyl.html
  4. OttOpixel

Capital letter not automatic on new sentence..?

It’s a small matter but I am curious if others have noticed, and been bothered by new sentences (on a new line) that do not automatically start with a capital letter? To me, the odd thing is the capital letter will appear if you delete back and start the sentence again. Don’t recall that...
  5. OttOpixel

DL 103. To pre or not to pre.

I have done some reading before tossing this out, and have a decent understanding of what I’m looking for. I need a SUT or MC phono pre. My current considerations are: Hafler PH 60 phono-stage Parks Audio Puffin DSP Phono Preamp Denon DU 300 SUT (for sale nearby) The first two choices...
  6. OttOpixel

Hanna EH MC cart for Sony PS X7?

I am still a little fuzzy on compliance and carts and tone arms. I have done some Googling and searches in this forum but have not found enough to know how to decide if the Hanna EH MC would be a good fit with my Sony. Yes, it’s listed in BT. Any education and opinions would be greatly...
  7. OttOpixel

AK Acquisitions as Eye Candy

I have picked up some great gear from Ak members over the years. Every transaction has been a pleasure. Last night I allowed myself the time to just listen. We know. Play tunes lots, but not always for our undivided attention. I picked the turntable forum because that's the heart of my...
  8. OttOpixel

What's up with "General Audio Discussion"?

I go to General Audio Discussion thread and all but the stickies are in a foreign language. Looks Asian? Not sure where else to inquire.
  9. OttOpixel

Military Grade ... tubes even

Let's do this as an old SNL "Coffee Talk". Al'a Mike Myers et al. Military Grade. We seem to see that a lot today. What Military? What Grade? Tubes? Today? Discuss.,
  10. OttOpixel

Sony PS X55 Help?

I was recently given a Sony PS X55. Not only is it seemingly a decent table, but also in excellent physical shape, except the dust cover - flawless. As well, it was originally my mother's and I picked it out at the Sony store circa 1980ish? Cut to the chase. An old friend who bought it...
  11. OttOpixel

Western Canada Service Tech?

I have some vintage and all original gear in very nice shape and sounding fabulous - but would like to have them refurbished. Any suggestions for Western Canada? I am in Edmonton, Alberta. I would consider B.C. and Saskatchewan possible too. Yamaha CR 2020 is the first I'd like...
  12. OttOpixel

Techs in Western Canada

I have just acquired a CR 2020 is excellent condition. No physical flaws and no scratchy knobs. It did get a de-oxit treatment from the previous owner. I understand the CR 2020 has a service bulletin (regarding excess heat?), and of course it is all original. I want this gorgeous piece of...
  13. OttOpixel

Indentify these please

If I can identify these speakers I can purchase them for 1/2 the ask price of $144.CDN. Anyone know, and might they be worth $72/pr in very nice shape.
Back
Top Bottom