Search results

1. B

Front Panel LEDs on Sansui AU-919

I am trying to find out what the corresponding led on the front panel goes what connector wire colour. the schematic shows these LEDs but not the wire colour. Please help someone
  2. B

AU-517 AND AU-919 Troubleshooting

Can you tell me the colors of the wire connection that go for the AU-919 front panel LEDs thank you in advance
  3. B

AU-919 PS Modification

Can someone tell me the connections for the LEDs for the front panel indicators go on what colour wires. I cannot find this information anywhere. Thanking you in advance
  4. B

Au-717 Volume Control - an idea

I have no intention of selling things here. I will tell people what it is all about soon and also where to go when this project is ready for commercial sales. Didn't mean to ruffle any feathers if I did. Bob
  5. B

I have a good solution. All will be revealed shortly.
  6. B

Does anyone know of a plain old pot with 32 detents in it, doesn't have to be flash. Or even a 32 position switch?
  7. B

Thanks heaps, we are getting there. Just need some more info in the taps especially for the 150k log pots. Anyone know what proportion of the total rotation the 1 sub tap is? I know that there is a top and bottom of the rotary pot resistance and a wiper that spans the rotation of the pot, but...
  8. B

Yes, what I am thinking of will reproduce all that is there, including loudness.
  9. B

There are a total of 32 steps in the detent on this assembly. That is the least of my worries. What concerns me is the pots themselves and where the 2 taps sit in relation to the overall resistance on the 4 tap pots
  10. B

I am considering trying to solve the very short supply of replacement Alps volume controls for the AU-717. To do this I need some information about the pot taps and type of pot is used for VR702a-d. I will reveal all once I get some basic specification information. Over top you guys! Bob:D
  11. B

AU-919 For restoration

What values of the Black Flags capacitors are in the 919 and how many. I am thinking of buying bulk and not sure what I need. I know there are some 5pf ones inside. 500V? Thanks. Bob
  12. B

AU-919 For restoration

Well I managed to source the shaft (thanks Bonsai!) and the volume knob. So what have you got to tell me ghamilton?
  13. B

AU-919 For restoration

Hi! I have started to restore a rather beat up AU-919. I am in need of a few things: The extension shaft on the input selector switch is damaged and needs replacement. I have no idea where to get one of these, any ideas greatly appreciated. I am also looking for a volume knob as it is...
  14. B

AU-717 Front Panel LEDs Need Replacement - any suggestions

I just want to say that I now have 995 front panel LEDs that I can sell for $0.25 each. They are exact size replacements for the stock AU-717 front panel. I found that you may need to put a 22k resistor somewhere in the circuit to get them dimmed properly. They are very high efficiency. Let...
  15. B

Thanks Skippy124 (John). I got some of these and yes they are smaller but with a bit of small shrink tubing on the long bit and an additional 1.2K 1/2 w resistor in the supply line these came up quite nice in the selector holes when turned on. I think I like them better than the originals...
  16. B

Hi, I am restoring a Sansui AU-717 and in the process I have discovered that some of the front panel LEDs are missing. I have tried to attach a photo of one of the existing ones. Any help you can provide would be most appreciated. Thank you. Bob
  17. B

Both Power Drivers are out AU-717

Hi guys! My remark about the 110v is the sum of both the +/- DC that are on the red & blue and yellow and gray leads. I managed to sort out most of the problems with help of a multimeter and a good eyesight. A couple of solder bridges on the power supply, and VR03, Vr02, & VR01 adjustment...
  18. B

Both Power Drivers are out AU-717

Hi There! Me again. I am working on rebuilding a third AU-717 and have just finished recapping, removed the glue, replaced resistors and diodes. I measured the power supply rails and all is good with the +/-33VDC all good for both channels. The main supply to the power drivers is 110VDC. I...
  19. B

Sansui AU-717 Rebuild # 2

I just wanted to let you know that after I made this modification by putting the transformers in series, I tested the regulation under full load and measured less than 1% regulation deviation. It does work and I did check the caps and switch and all good. The unit is now in the hands of a...
  20. B

There is no difference between transformers in series as opposed to being in parallel. The magnetic fields created in each transformer separates the direct physical connection. all else remains the same! I will agree that the transformers in parallel will be 100% in phase with each other and in...
  21. B

:banana:Update! This amp is now 110% working now and is for sale on eBay Australia.
  22. B

G'day! Yeah, it was on AUS eBay and had to cancel it when the caps leaked and vented. Putting 2 120V transformers primaries in series will still keep the isolation of the voltages produced and there is no direct connection between primary to secondary other than a magnetic field.
  23. B

Update - I just pulled them out of the board and the diodes seem ok! Just wondering if there would be any other components damaged by the failing capacitors? Perhaps someone could tell what the replacement diodes would be for posterity and help someone.
  24. B

Hi everyone, I bought a second AU-717 on eBay with the intention of restoring to good working order. My first challenge was to convert the 120v amp to be able to handle 240v by putting the power transformers in series which works like a treat. I recapped it all and did the required replacements...
Back
Top Bottom