Search results

1. bcarey13

McIntosh New Product - Turntable

I'll tell you...I spent a bunch(to me) on a Rega RP6 a while back and if the time is right I would spend $2500 for this one. Seems like a sweet spot price point. I'm sure they know what they are doing
  2. bcarey13

McIntosh New Product - Turntable

It Looks very cool....I'm sure, based on McIntosh's reputation that it will work great as well.
  3. bcarey13

Monoblock MC275 50th Anniversary tube rolling help (12AX7 on V3, V5 position)

Beautiful setup...very nicely displayed
  4. bcarey13

MC30 Restoration -- Preservation First! (and caps)

I would never ever use steel wool, no matter how fine on McIntosh Chrome. You'll just create lots of scratches. Even those Never Dull wads if rubbed hard enough can scratch the Chrome
  5. bcarey13

Vintage McIntosh Tube amp ground

Just for the record, I took off one jumper so see if it made a change and as you suspected....no change
  6. bcarey13

I just looked at mine and both units have jumpers on them like yours. I may try removing one off of one of the units and see if it does anything. I know in another forum people were suggesting using an eliminator(cheater plug) on only one unit to test and see if that removed the hum......I...
  7. bcarey13

^^^^Thank you for the info....My restorer does a great job(Vintage Vacuum) so I am sure that he addressed the ground plug prong somehow and I think we had the conversation at one point. I know when he restored my MC60's...one was kept with the original 2 prong cord(it just needed a mild...
  8. bcarey13

Do you know if you removed the jumper if you would get hum(have you tried it)...I also have a pair of MC30's from the same restorer as the OP and I have a hum in both my amps. I just assumed it was from using Klipsch Lascala's (104db) and them being so sensitive, but now I'm not so sure....Was...
  9. bcarey13

MC7200 questions

Well, it's a project vehicle the plan was to restore it....but at his time I'd rather invest in some McIntosh pieces instead....anyway, here it is https://worcester.craigslist.org/cto/6123115065.html
  10. bcarey13

MC7200 questions

Have you ever tried the MC30's with the C2200? The C2200/C2300/C2500 are on my want list(just one of them, not all three).....So much so that I listed my 74 Toyota FJ40 sale 2 days ago in hopes of getting a nice preamp to go with the MC30's
  11. bcarey13

MC7200 questions

Just curious what version the MC275 was?
  12. bcarey13

MC7200 questions

yea, please digress....I like hearing the thoughts on all the different McIntosh stuff.......Very interesting about your personal thoughts on the Mc30's
  13. bcarey13

KLIPSCHORN WOOFER PROBLEMS

I had a similar situation....when I was removing my Stephens Woofers(soooo heavy) from the removable motor boards the gaskets had fused to the wood. I destroyed the first one and was able to salvage the other by using a very thin wide blade putty knife to break the seal. Since I no longer had...
  14. bcarey13

Klipschorn disassembly help

Once you remove the angle iron you should be able to slide the woofer/motorboard right out. It's sitting on rails...just slide it towards you. At least that is how all three of mine came out. The motorboard may be stuck slightly to the cabinet so you may have to pop it up a little. None of...
  15. bcarey13

In all 3 Khorns(from 3 different places) had 8 screws(into t-nuts) into a removable motorboard that sat ontop of a built in motorboard. The 4 studs are built into the unit...the angle iron slides over them and then clamped down with wing nuts to press everything down tight. I was told that the...
  16. bcarey13

I have one from 56 and one from 57' and they both have the metal angle iron as an additional compression piece........that's the way they came.... oh, and I also had one from 1960 setup the same way
  17. bcarey13

Mcintosh mc225 buzzes

Where do you have your gain set on your mc225?....When I hooked my mc30's up to klipsch la scalas(104db efficiency) I had to adjust the output gains on the amp
  18. bcarey13

My first Klipschorn

I originally wanted to keep everything stock but I had a number of people, I wouldn't say talk me out of it.......but, lets just say...... Although it would be cool to have an all original 16ohm speaker what I really was concerned with was the best sound I could get. I didn't want to be...
  19. bcarey13

MX 113 FM/AM trouble

Thank you for the tips...I will definitely check out the site you provided.....It would be nice to be able to get in radio, but if it's not in the cards....so be it. I'll start with an antenna up in the walk up attic and go from there.
  20. bcarey13

MX 113 FM/AM trouble

That's funny...it wouldn't be the first time I've heard about something like this. Along with not having something plugged in and a blown fuse, etc.... This thread is informative for me......I plan on getting a tuner soon(the same one-mx113) and think I'm going to have a problem with reception...
  21. bcarey13

Preamps For MC7200

I really hope to go McIntosh tube preamp someday(such as a C2300 or C2500)...but been hearing nothing but great things about the C100
  22. bcarey13

MX 113 FM/AM trouble

That would really crack me up if he didn't hook up an antenna
  23. bcarey13

My first Klipschorn

I have a 56' and a 57' Khorn that I am restoring....My woofers are on a removable soundboard so you should be able to rotate it 180° .....Good luck with it. I sold off my Stephens woofers and the original mids and tweeters and bought all Crites stuff for the inside including new crossovers....I...
  24. bcarey13

MX-110 tuner/preamp: What's the most synergistic McIntosh amplifier?

Here's an interesting read/review that discusses many of the units you are considering.....The author makes note, which I though was interesting that he really liked the MC225 but felt it lost much of it's "magic" when he ran it in mono mode with another unit.....of course as always, YMMV...
  25. bcarey13

McIntosh C2300 Preamp opinions?

I think you have to get the C2500 to get the built in DAC...I didn't think the C2300 came with one....I very well may be wrong
Back
Top Bottom