Search results

1. robbiesd

Hi Jorge, I get the impression you're pretty familiar with the Grace tone arms. Do you have an...

Hi Jorge, I get the impression you're pretty familiar with the Grace tone arms. Do you have an opinion on which one is the better match for the Grace F9 cart, 707/727/747? Thanks for the opinion. Robbie
  2. robbiesd

How old are you and what are the frequency limits of your hearing?

I think this pole should have associated age with it. The results would have been more informative. At 65 I still hear into the 14Khz range, I know this from a true hearing test last year and generating tones through my system.
  3. robbiesd

Anyone from Georgia?

I'm very late to this thread, however I'm in Smyrna. Those of you in the metro Atlanta area might consider attending an Atlanta Audio Club meeting, maybe joining as well. We generally meet once a month in the Dunwoody area. https://www.atlantaaudioclub.org/
  4. robbiesd

Musical Fidelity Owners Thread

I had an Accession also and liked it better than the 308's, sold it for an Acoustech PH-1 that I'm happy with.
  5. robbiesd

Musical Fidelity Owners Thread

I have an A308cr Dual Mono Preamp that I think is very nice, just not in love with it's phono section.
  6. robbiesd

What's British in your system?

Beard P-100 amp Musical Fidelity A308cr preamp Mission 774 original tonearm Monitor Audio Studio 60 speakers
  7. robbiesd

New Cary 805AE owner

Hi all, Based on reputation I jumped on a deal to buy a pair of 805AE's last week and now I'm wanting to learn more about what I have. I'm new to tube amps, buying my first one a bit over a year ago (a Beard P-100) and I would appreciate any comments on the tubes I got with these 805's...
  8. robbiesd

Help needed with Michell GYRO Dec Project

BTW, don't give up on it. This one sounds wonderful! It has a Graham 2.2 arm with a Lyra Helikos cart that I'm running through a Acoustech PH-1 phono preamp I also got from him.
  9. robbiesd

Help needed with Michell GYRO Dec Project

Hi Descartridge, I just acquired a Gyro Dec. It came with some extra parts. I have three brass spring covers, three aluminum spring basees and an AC power supply. Pics attached. I also have two bearings w/spindles, one threaded one not (not pictured). If any of these parts would be helpful to...
  10. robbiesd

replacing fluid in dual cs5000 cueing mechanism

My CS 5000 developed this same problem, the arm was falling too fast so apparently after 30+ years the fluid dried up or leaked out although no signs of it leaking out. I made the repair today and it seems to be working fine now. Remove the silver plastic trim rings around the base of the arm...
  11. robbiesd

Organ Donor Parts

I just want to say Thanks to Rob at Organ Donor Parts for all his friendly help. If you need turntable parts, he's a great guy to deal with. Robbie
  12. robbiesd

Pickering and Stanton Users and Collectors.

The Pickering should be compatible. I'm using the shibata tip, D6800EEE-S.
  13. robbiesd

Pickering and Stanton Users and Collectors.

I purchased a JICO for my 681EEE and am very pleased with it. They offer a couple different tips to choose from.
  14. robbiesd

Anyone Familiar with the ACOS GST 801 Tonearm?

That could be. It would be odd for it to have not been originally chromed. Actually now that I look at it really closely, the backend is chromed, the VTA collar end where the threaded shaft is mated is chromed around the shaft also and the body appears to have been put up against a fine wire...
  15. robbiesd

I received the arm from Marc yesterday, you're right, it's a very nice piece of work. As a designer so to speak, I would have chrome plated the VTA adjusting arm instead of leaving it brass. With the receipt of it I can now start laying out the plinth, yea.
  16. robbiesd

At a turntable crossroads...

Find some one, perhaps as another suggested on lencoheaven or AK who is close to you and who will go through the motor and bearing for you, check the idler wheel, replace it if needed, new cables and you should have a pleasing table for far less than $1k, although the original arm is nothing to...
  17. robbiesd

Lenco L78?

visit lencoheaven.com and you'll learn more than you may want to know. When built into custom plinths with quality arms/carts, many feel they can be as good as any reference table available. But as for stock, they won't even be an improvement over your 1200. Look up Arthur Salvatories...
  18. robbiesd

Mr Pig, Marc Silver in Rossville, CA, used to own a retail store. He bought up the last of the...

Mr Pig, Marc Silver in Rossville, CA, used to own a retail store. He bought up the last of the Lustre GST 801 inventory when it was closed out. He has a few new arms and some that are that are short parts. He may be willing to sell you the counterweights you are seeking for yours. He can be...
  19. robbiesd

Hello Mr. Pig, I've got an opportunity to buy a Lustre GST 801. I can't seem to find enough info on it to determine if it would match up with a cart of 5.5 gr and a compliance of 20. (Stanton 681EEE) Might you have learned what the headshell weights? I don't see a figure for the arm mass...
  20. robbiesd

Luxman K-03

I just listed my low hour, 1 owner, Luxman K-03 on ebay it's anyone's interested in a nice vintage deck. :thmbsp: Robbie
  21. robbiesd

Replacement Stylus for Stanton 681EEE

Thanks gadget73. I read another post somewhere warning that the replacement brushes weren't made well...I have three original brushes from styli purchased in the 70's & 80's still, I mostly ran the cart without one so they should be in great shape. Thanks for the opinion on the JICO 681EEE-S...
  22. robbiesd

Replacement Stylus for Stanton 681EEE

I need the same opinions at a higher budget please Hi All, I joined today to ask this same question but with a budget change. I don't know that I want to wait 6+ weeks for a hand-made JICO nor do I really want to pay that price but I'd go from the $70's to the mid-hundreds for the right...
Back
Top Bottom