Search results

1. S

Granite slab for turntable

This is an old thread but I found it very interesting. I have no claim to speak with authority about the topic but as I am 65 years old I have made observations over the years. The first thing that caught my attention reading this is that one person is working with soapstone to make slabs or...
  2. S

Hi Max, I want to extend my apology directly by PM as well as on the thread. I think I was over...

Hi Max, I want to extend my apology directly by PM as well as on the thread. I think I was over reactive. Sometimes I get weird that way. Sincerely, Tom Papsco (Squirrely)
  3. S

Sony SS-M 3,7,9 speaker owner role call

Hi Max, I could PM you but I aired out my point in the public space. I understand there are significant differences in in how the English language is used in England and in the USA. I've been told by an English woman, whom I hold in high regard, that I need to learn how to speak English. Please...
  4. S

Sony USA made crap speakers like those SS-M7/3 (opinion) Once you are used to real speakers these are a real disappointment toys. (opinion) My dears you are wasting your money and getting frustrated (personalization and projection) I am not your "dear" and I am not frustrated. My emotional...
  5. S

Max likes to troll this thread. He thinks he knows something. Of course there are better speakers than M7's but I love mine. I've been playing SS7600 ULM6's with ESS Heil Elite and can't afford better than this combo. The M7's aren't as rich and full bodied but it's an unfair comparison. There...
  6. S

Sony TA-2000 Preamp

Sorry for my delinquency. To answer your question (7 months later) I have the TA-2000f and 3 TA-3200f's. One has a buzz from a transformer but it resolves after warming up.
  7. S

What Is Your Favorite Integrated Amp?

Have the Fisher X-101-D restored and burned in. Fantastic! It may be my favorite set up. I put it in place of an Audio Research SP8 preamp and Aragon 2004Mkii. So far it is rich and full as expected. I'm not sure I'm missing much detail either. Makes me think the Aragon amp may be due for a recap.
  8. S

Sony TA-2000 Preamp

Has anyone had the opportunity to compare the Sony TA-2000 or 2000f to Pioneer Spec-1?
  9. S

Sony SS 4200 speakers

Thanks for your responses. They were being offered on a local website for $75. I was interested because I have allot of vintage Sony gear and know there are Sony sleepers that go under the radar. There are many vintage Sony products that represent great value if you know what your looking at...
  10. S

Sony SS 4200 speakers

Anyone? Kind of a rare speaker. May not have been kept in Japan. If anyone has heard the Sony SS 4200 I would love to hear your thoughts on how they sound.
  11. S

I think it's important to update my response here as I am learning as I go. My assessment of the ADS 1230 after the rebuild by Richard So was premature. They have been used in the house for some time now and I realize they needed more time to burn in. They have bloomed beautifully and I am in...
  12. S

ADS L1230 opinions

Late entry to this thread but had to jump in. I have a L 1230's and recently had Richard So rebuild the cross overs and sticky dome tweeters and mid range speakers. I compared them to my Sony SS-M7's and liked the M7's better. Then, after letting the ADS burn in for a while they sprung to life...
  13. S

Sony SS 4200 speakers

I'm considering a pair of these if not too expensive. Can't seem to find much info and no listening reviews. Has anyone given a listen to these? They are a 3 way design using two 3" tweeters, one 8" woofer and one 8" mid. They are range from 50hz to 20kh and cross over at 800hz. Any info would...
  14. S

Just read all the posts on this thread and realized I posted on this one in 2013. I was regretting selling the Pioneer then as I still do today. Allot has changed since 2013 but my regret for selling that one hasn't.
  15. S

I found my way to this thread after searching for information comparing the Pioneer SA-9100 to the Sony TA-1130. I had and sold a SA-9100 and regret it. The Pioneer had a great detailed sound and lots of power for 60wpc. I still have the Sony TA-1130 and love it. I am a big fan of 70's Sony and...
  16. S

Linn Sara Isobarik loudspeakers

I took a look at the Dark Side of the Moon LP I was listening to. I was pressed in 2016. I'm 65 years old so the copy it replaced was likely when it first came out. I purchased it in the 70's when I was in high school. It saw allot of play time on many different turntables that had who knows...
  17. S

Good morning Jazzmans. I think this is one of my favorite rabbit holes. I'll take a look at the LP on the weekend. It seems hard to believe that I don't have time in the week to even read an album cover but I'm up early to commute and home late after the commute. Life is in a rhythm that seems...
  18. S

I'm happy with both but last night after Dark Side of the Moon I lost myself in the music. I like Pink Floyd (Dark Side and The Wall) for reference listening because of the soft dialogue in the background of the music. I heard things last night I had never heard before. There is a woman saying...
  19. S

Old thread but I don't care. I'm excited! Just picked up some Linn Sara speakers. I'm listening to them now and love them. I'm sing Audio Research SP-8 and Aragon 2004mkII with them to listen to Joni Mitchel and Linda Ronstadt on a Micro Seiki DD40. All I can say is Wow! I hooked them up in...
  20. S

Any info/opinions on Tascam CD-401mkII?

Thank you Malefoda. I am one of those people looking for info on this CD player. Thanks for your contribution.
  21. S

I have spent time with the rebuilt ADS 1230's and the Sony SS-M7s. My wife loves the ADS so they will be in the house. For detail and realism I keep the Sony's in my rotation for critical listening. They are amazing. I think what I experienced as fullness from the ADS speakers was loss of detail...
  22. S

I might add, I have the opportunity, I would own SS-M9's and ADS 1530's and call it a day for the rest of my days. Love them!!
  23. S

I just received all components of my ADS 1230's back from Richard So. My ADS 1230's are completely restored now and still burning in. My hat is off to Richard So in Arizona as he did a great job and the speakers sound great as well. They stepped into the line up right behind the Sony SS-M7's. So...
Back
Top Bottom