Search results

1. 4Play

Going Analog!

Glad to see another member who loves analog. The best part is you don't have to spend an outrageous amounts of money to achieve great sound.
  2. 4Play

Official AR Turntable Owners Thread

I have a Denon DL-110 MC and an AT-440ML/OCC MM. I listened to a Jazz song that had a piano solo. The 440ML/OCC made the piano solo very distant, like he was somewhere behind the other bandmates. When I played the same song with the DL-110, the piano solo was front and center. When you can hear...
  3. 4Play

Jelco SA-750 L

This is information I have found regarding companies Jelco made tonearms for. So, my statement was not incorrect.
  4. 4Play

Going Analog!

There is no way anyone will ever convince me that digital is better than analog. From the statement you made proves to me that your experience has been anything but stellar. Once you have this experience, you will rethink your statement.
  5. 4Play

Jelco SA-750 L

There were so many it's hard to keep count of the ones they made arms for.
  6. 4Play

Let's talk power/line conditioners...

Furman and Panamax are owned by the same company. Either one would be a good contender. APC is another good choice. They have a battery backup surge protector that I had on my work computer that performed flawlessly.
  7. 4Play

JVC idler drive SRP-471E-5 - any good?

From what I read about idler drive turntables, one idler was for 45 and the other for 33.3. This JVC is definitely something you hardly ever see, and this one is in excellent condition.
  8. 4Play

Jelco SA-750 L

Jelco tonearms are one of the best tonearms you can buy for the money. They made tonearms for Sumiko, AudioQuest, Linn and several others. The Sumiko/Jelco tonearm was used on the AR ES-1 turntable and possibly other ARs as well. I had two custom built AR XAs, and both turntables had a Jelco...
  9. 4Play

Going Analog!

Welcome to the world of analog. Glad to see you finally have seen the light. :music:
  10. 4Play

Cartridge rec's? For classical music.

In that case, you need to experience a Denon DL-110 MC cartridge. You can find them for under $200. It is definitely worth whatever price you can find.
  11. 4Play

Today is National Vinyl Record Day!

Acoustic Sounds or SoundStage Direct is offering a 12% discount on all vinyl.
  12. 4Play

Looking for a good DLNA stream box

For internet radio I use a network audio player. I have a Marantz NA7004 network audio player and a Teac NP-H750 USB DAC/Network Audio Player/Integrated Amplifier. I have my Ethernet connection where my audio is, and I have the network audio player hard wired to my router. This has been the...
  13. 4Play

Cartridge rec's? For classical music.

The Ortofon 2M Red can be had for $100. You can swap out the stylus and upgrade to the 2M Blue or Bronze. At some point, this is what I'm wanting to do.
  14. 4Play

Cardas wires were used on two of my AR turntables. Supposed to be the best wires for tonearms.
  15. 4Play

My macs go analog

Apparently you haven't had the same experience as the OP. If you had, you would think twice about making the post you made. Until then, those of us who believe analog will always be better than digital will continue to enjoy our vinyl and live the experience every time the needle drops in the...
  16. 4Play

Which new table would you choose?

FWIW, I would take a full modded custom AR XA/XB from Steve Frosten than the two tables listed any day. The custom AR is five times better turntable that is by far better quality and performance, and the best for the money spent. :music:
  17. 4Play

My macs go analog

Chad is doing some amazing things since he added Quality Record Pressings and Analogue Productions. I have several albums he has made from the original tapes... Cat Stevens Tea For The Tillerman, Duke Ellington Masterpieces, Yes Fragile, and Roger Waters Amused To Death just to name a few, and...
  18. 4Play

My macs go analog

Wait until you listen to Ben Webster's Soulville. You can hear his breath on every note as he plays his saxophone... Priceless! :music:
  19. 4Play

Contact Steve or Marc about heavier springs. This will help your XB tremendously.
  20. 4Play

My macs go analog

The cartridge that comes with the DP300F is nothing to brag about. I bought my DP300F with the Ortofon 2M Red from Needle Doctor. The good thing about having a 2M cartridge is you can swap the stylus without buying the whole cartridge. I'm thinking about upgrading to the Blue or Bronze. Another...
  21. 4Play

Non-McIntosh Gear with McIntosh Integrated Amps

My MA5100 was connected to a Marantz network audio player, a couple of custom AR XAs (not at the same time), and a pair of Focal 806V speakers.
  22. 4Play

Would you mind taking a few close up pictures of the outer and inner platter? I wonder if this product would good to dampen the inside of the platter.
  23. 4Play

Suggest an amp for me

Have you given any thought to a Primaluna Prologue Premium? A primaluna has always been on my short list but the funds were never available.
  24. 4Play

I would like to know more about the Plastidip... where to source, how many coats, etc. Please tell us more.
  25. 4Play

The DL-110 on the XA was sweet glorious music. You will absolutely love it. I'm looking forward to using it on my XB. Once you listen to music with the DL-110, it will be hard to find a cartridge that is better.
Back
Top Bottom