Search results

1. R

No Dial Lights on Vector Research VR-5000

I had it professionally repaired before giving it to my nephew, so I really don't know/ Sorry
  2. R

Realistic STA-78 Receiver

Hey.. I picked up one of these in damn fine condition for less than 2 movie tickets.
  3. R

Realistic STA-78 Bulb opinions

Old thread, but I'll throw my 2 cents in anyway. I replaced my white bulbs for blue LEDs in my Marantz 2215 and it looks great. It's a simple swap. The Marantz uses vellum paper to make the white bulbs make blue light. I just got a Realistic STA-78 (for less than the cost of 2 movie tickets)...
  4. R

Finally Got 'Em.. Dynaco A25s

If any DC metro area folks are interested, there's a pair on CL for $125
  5. R

Hi from Vegas

Welcome Nick. Glad to see other Vegas folks here. I miss Vegas. Maryland sucks ass.
  6. R

check out this funky little Rotel RV-555 receiver

I too have one. About 5 years ago I see this funky thing in my in-laws attic. I ask about it. It was the grandfather's. No one knows where he got it and when he passed away, the in-laws got it. I asked if I could have it and now it's mine. I sounds great. A very strong 20wpc. From what I'm...
  7. R

Speakers that sound like Dynaco A25's

I love my A25s. I got them from an AKer, at an AK discount. Mine also came with floor stands and are mated with a pair of JBL XPL 140s for a very nice living room setup.
  8. R

Hello from Anne Arundel County, Maryland

Hey There... Welcome. I'm from Gaithersburg, MD and I'm fairly new to AK myself. Dive right in, everyone is very friendly and always willing to help.
  9. R

New to me. 2215

VintageBoy, your 2250B is beautiful. I wouldn't mind a little more power, but being as how I essentially 'inhereted' it, I love it. Though my daily driver is a Rotel RV-555. 35wpc and it takes so little shelf space in my little garage.
  10. R

JBL XPL200...Has Anyone Heard Them ??

I have never seen or heard of the 200's, but I do have a pair of 140's if I can help in any way?
  11. R

New to me. 2215

Bulb upgrade to blue LEDs was successful and took about 10 minutes. The haze in the pic is from the camera angle, not the lights.
  12. R

Very Clean Pioneer HPM-100 Purchase

My very first real speakers were HPM 100s. I'd have them again if the wife would let me. Enjoy your score
  13. R

Raggedy Dynaco A-25s

Congrats! They look much better than I expected. The grills held up well. I just got a pair from a generous AKer this weekend after a 30 year gap. And yes they are a delightful full range speaker. Enjoy
  14. R

I finally met James and got my Dynaco's. He included the stands. He is a gentleman and a very generous person and I really appreciate that he held them for me for a month. They are my front mains. He even had something that my wife wanted. And of course, here's the pics.
  15. R

Well the day is almost here. I am going to meet James tomorrow morning AND get to hold my A25s. And James, they look beautiful in the pictures. Pics tomorrow night.
  16. R

Newbie Question about Yamaha Vintage Receivers

I too have a CR-820 and love it. It's my first Yamaha. I don't know how they do it, but they do produce a different, warmer sound.
  17. R

marantz 2225 bulb change

Yes the stereo indicator is a separate bulb. Also, the tuning needle should light up when in FM (maybe AM too, IDK) mode. And that is separate as well
  18. R

New to me. 2215

I just got this 2215 from my cousin who is the original owner. It's been sitting on a shelf in her garage for years, wrapped in plastic. It looks amazing and the price was terrific (free). I can't wait to get home and give it a listen. It's my first Marantz.
  19. R

They shure look like A-25

If they look too small, maybe they are A-10s?
  20. R

Dynaco A25 review: Flea Market find!

I can't wait to pick up mine from James in NoVA in a few weeks
  21. R

Thank you from Kansas City

Eric n kc... 82nd and metcalfe. I live in Vegas now (well for the next 3 weeks) and we have lots of great food here, but Mr. Gyro is the best greek food I've ever had.
  22. R

I know this was a horrible thing to do, but I was 20 at the time. I mentioned I remember having 1 A25. Well I was using it as a 'listening to baseball games in the garage' only setup. I had tapped into a small clock radio and used the radio to drive the speaker. Amazingly it sounded great and...
  23. R

Thank you from Kansas City

Welcome! A lot of what is written here is over my head, but so much is so valuable and everyone is very willing to help. I used to live in Liberty, so say Hello to Mr.Gyro on Metcalf for me. I miss that place a lot.
  24. R

It is the simple thought that impresses

Very cool story. Thank you for sharing.
  25. R

Here's The 810 Combo I Just Bought

Very nice score. They are really pretty aren't they.
Back
Top Bottom