Search results

1. Gerres26

Great transaction with Sound Dragon

Just an overall great purchasing experience with Ron. He was very transparent and honest about the condition of the speakers. Answered any questions I had in a timely manner and was even willing to drive quite a ways to meet up for the purchase. He was very pleasant to talk to in person. He...
  2. Gerres26

Anyone travel from South Carolina to Maryland area?

I have a seller in South Carolina with a large amp that im interested in. Only problem is that I'm in MD and he doesn't have the original box. Neither of us really want to take the chance of shipping the 90lb amp. If by chance anyone is traveling through South Carolina and heading north...
  3. Gerres26

B&K pt5 preamp error codes

Hi all, So i acquired a known non working pt5 preamp with my purchase of a B&K reference 200.2 power amp, which is excellent by the way. Long story short, when you power on the Pt5 pre it immediately starts flashing EE ERR followed by a letter or number code. I havent timed it but it does this...
  4. Gerres26

Preamp questions

Hey guys, as im trying to start building a new stereo system out of seperates I've been on the lookout for a decent preamp. I've come across a Parasound p/hp 850 and a NAD 1020a for close to the same prices. What are your opinions on these guys? Mind you im very interested in the phono stage as...
  5. Gerres26

Ashly FTX 2001...wow!

So long story short, i have been looking for a more powerful amp to run my Boston Acoustics A200s as currently they are being pushed by my Sansui 7070. The Sansui sounds wonderful but at 60 watts it doesn't really have what it takes to open these bostons up. I've been reading a lot about...
  6. Gerres26

KLH model 5

So after a long search for some 5's or 23's i stumbled upon a pair of 5's needing some help on CL. I traded a pair of pioneer cs77 speakers for them even though one of the 5s needs a woofer as someone decided to "fix" one of them by reconing it i guess...job failed:(. I had a pair of 23s a...
  7. Gerres26

looks like feee boston acoustics in DC area

A little to far from me but maybe someone here could pick them up. It looks like some BA A70 speakers and another pair that I can't tell what they are. http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/nva/zip/5046243899.html
  8. Gerres26

Boston Acoustics A200

Hi all, I have a line on set of A200's and I'm just wondering what the verdict is on them. How would they compare to a set of Polk Monitor 7s or even my newly aquired and rehabbed pair of KLH Model 23s? He may even be interested in a trade for a set of my speakers which I'm not sure I'll do...
  9. Gerres26

KLH Model 23 tweeter

So I just recently picked up a set of 23s off of Craigslist only to find that one of the tweeters is bad. I swapped them and the problem followed the tweeter so I'm assuming that means it's definitely the issue. I found a replacement that is listed to fit the 5, 17, 20 and 23 but it is black...
  10. Gerres26

Technics sl q-2 vs JVC ql a5

If you had to choose between the two TT's at the same price, which would you choose and why? I have a line on either of these and just wondering which is the better choice. Thanks
  11. Gerres26

Help with PL-540

I have a chance to buy a pl-540 for cheap but the seller says sometimes to start the table he has to manually spin the platter. What do you guys think? Easy fix or not worth my time? I already posted in TT forum but didn't get many responses. Thanks
  12. Gerres26

Pioneer Pl-540 advice/help

Hi all, so I found a pioneer pl540 on my local craigslist for a pretty cheap price so I was pretty excited since I've been looking for a decent TT. I talked to the seller and he says everything works great on it except he has to manually spin the platter to get it to start and its been this way...
  13. Gerres26

klh model 6 vs. polk monitor 7

Which would you choose if they were the same price? And what are the advantages to either one. These will be powered by my marantz 2252b and mostly classic rock listening. Thanks for your help.
  14. Gerres26

Help me decide

So I've recently come across a Marantz 2252b to use as my main listening receiver and I'm wondering which speakers to track down to make a great matchup with it. I'm currently pushing a pair of Polk Monitor 5 speakers with it that I had hooked up to my sx626. Although they are great sounding...
  15. Gerres26

sx-626 power output?

So I know that the 626 is rated at 20 wpc for 8 ohm speakers but I read somewhere that it can go up to 110 watts with 4 ohms. I'm only asking because I have it hooked up to Polk monitor 5b's which are supposed to be 4 ohms so does this mean my receiver is actually making more than the 20 wpc...
  16. Gerres26

Polk monitor 5 tweeter?

I just got a set of monitor 5Bs off of a guy on CL yesterday and just hooked them up today. They looked to be in mint shape except when I hooked them up today one of the tweeters doesn't work.:thumbsdn: Its the silver dome one. So is my next step just to replace it or is there something I should...
  17. Gerres26

Polk monitor series 5 or BA A100

Which would you choose if they were the same price and why? Thanks
  18. Gerres26

Speakers for Pioneer SX-626

I've just recently started my vintage collection with a sx-626 that I got a pretty good deal on CL. It's powering some crap Sharp speakers I had from when I was younger for right now. I'm looking to buy some good vintage speakers that would match well with this receiver at a decent price...
  19. Gerres26

Hello from MD!!

Hi there, just a newbie trying to start collecting vintage gear. I'm 25 and have always been into music but just this past year a friend of mine really turned me on to the vintage scene and I'm in love. Stumbled upon this site by google searches but I am very impressed with the vast knowledge...
Back
Top Bottom