Search results

1. DavidR623

Login issue

Why am I asked to sign in when doing a search when I'm already signed in? The prompt wants to install software on my computer. What gives?
  2. DavidR623

Micro-Acoustics FRM-1A

A friend of mine was downsizing and gave me some gear. The speakers were Micro-Acoustics FRM-1A. M-1A is on the grill badge. They have a 5 tweeter array. They may need a recap as those 5 tweets do not sparkle. Mids are poor. Does anyone know anything about these? They probably date back to the...
  3. DavidR623

Tell me about your ADC XLM MK III CARTRIDGE

I recently purchased a Sansui SR-838 with a Sonos Blue Label cartridge. It has great detail in the upper mid and tweeter region but lacks punch in the bass. When I was a teenager I had an ADC 100Q on a Sansui SR-212. It had a fine sound for the quality level I was at. A member mentioned the XLM...
  4. DavidR623

Picked up an SR-838

I picked up a Sansui SR-838. It's in pretty good condition. Speed is rock steady. The cartridge is a Sonus Blue Label. I know nothing about these cartridges so any advice is welcome. It has nice detail in the treble, very nice mids, bass is there but with very little punch. I don't think its...
  5. DavidR623

Any good?

My 15 year old son has discovered vinyl and now agrees it IS better than MP3. I'd like to get him a TT so he's not messing with my Sansui SR717. Is this TT any good? http://www.lpgear.com/product/ATLP1240USB.html If not what is a good TT being made today?
  6. DavidR623

Recapping speakers: 250V vs 400V caps

I’m getting ready to recap my AR90s since the recap on my AR91s with PP caps came out so well. The original NPEs are 50V and 100V in this speaker. I began to wonder what if any differences there are to using a 250V cap vs a 400V cap. Any advantages/disadvantages? Certainly the 400V are more...
  7. DavidR623

AR91 Crossover recap ideas

I have done quite a lot more reading on crossover cap replacement in preparation for recapping my AR91s. Several threads here on AudioKarma, a few on The Classic Speaker Pages and general ones on the internet. The approach has as many thoughts as there are stars in the night sky. I was...
Back
Top Bottom