Search results

1. Bigears

2240 All Source Lamps Inop After New Dial Lamps

Audiotemp: I tested for power at the pins that are connected to the trace on the lamp board as you suggest and got 0v. Since I have dial and meter amps, would that mean that the main feed from the transformer is intact, just somewhere between the source lamp PCB and the feed we have an open?
  2. Bigears

Don't see anything pinched at the meter lamp strip. I measured 0 VAC at JY10 to chassis. Shot a pic to confirm I'm at the right spot. Thanks for the help.
  3. Bigears

I replaced all the dial lamps with LED's and during that service, something happened and all the source lamps are out now (stereo lamp works)...the lamps are not burned out, perhaps a supply wire broke or came off the source selector rotary switch? I thought I recalled someone posting about this...
  4. Bigears

Kensonic/Accuphase owners show your stuff.

A pair of keepers in an slowing reducing collection of vintage audio...
  5. Bigears

I don't come in here too often these days...in response to numerous requests,

I don't come in here too often these days...in response to numerous requests,
  6. Bigears

Don't toss out those old caps and diodes just yet...

All 35+ year old electrolytic caps are past their "use by date" by a good margin. It's like replacing the worn out tires on your 1976 Trans Am with the worn our tires from a different 1976 Trans Am...
  7. Bigears

Don't toss out those old caps and diodes just yet...

Like a fool I've been discarding as E waste the 35+ year old deteriorated capacitors, semi conductors and tants removed from restored vintage gear...
  8. Bigears

Soundcraftsmen RA series bridging jumper

Reviving this old thread...I recently picked up a RA 7502 and of course it's missing the bridging jumper. As it sits, with a signal fed into the channel A input I get output on all three output terminals with volume controlled by the channel A gain pot. Can someone upload a pic of the business...
  9. Bigears

SONY SS-M9B rare you say?

...look at those serial numbers. Seller needs to add grill removed pics.. http://www.ebay.com/itm/SONY-SS-M9B-/282211096609?&autorefresh=true
  10. Bigears

Orange County Speaker is no longer repairing speakers.

I didn't see updated info on OC Speaker, so I thought I'd post that info here....the man or family rather in the shop doing the work has opened up a speaker repair shop in Garden Grove about 5 miles from the old OC Speaker shop. Speaker Repair Pros 10382 Stanford Ave. Ste. J Garden Grove, CA...
  11. Bigears

Bose Wave Radio dead--need help

No problem AJ, easy mistake. I'm happy to share the schematics and probably should load them into the AK database...but I don't check in here too often anymore and this Bose discussion caught my eye. The AWR1's are always on, and use a transistor to mute the output, so the low spec caps burn up...
  12. Bigears

AJ is wrong here...I've been repairing Bose Wave radios for the last six years and only seen one bad AWR1 transformer. There are SEVERAL common failure modes on this model, the transformer is not one of them. I can also state that I maintain parts listings for these radios on eBay and I know...
  13. Bigears

Is it a 9 V backup battery? If so does it emit a "chirp" when you unplug it? The transformers rarely go on that model. To test the transformer, plug the two pin plug into the board and then set your DVM to AC and test the 6 pin secondary side two pins at a time (side by side in pairs) starting...
  14. Bigears

2330 P 800 Power Supply and Protection Board Issues

I thought I'd follow up on this project for future reference...might help someone else. I very much like to learn from these projects, so before going deeper into the P700 board and making all the planned upgrades, I replaced all the electrolytics and inserted the called for 200 mA fuse and...
  15. Bigears

First, thanks for your help John, truly appreciated. We have a breakthrough. I replaced the removed board mounted component legs and retested with a .800 mA fuse and the receiver powered up, the protection relay engaged, the fuse didn't blow and I was able to get output! As Kutzler Trans has...
  16. Bigears

C 808 open, H 811 tests normal, and C807 measures 4.87M. I did not get a short between either of the fuse terminals and ground before testing. No joy..:dunno:
  17. Bigears

Yes makes sense, test the caps for shorts and the H811 diode. Of course unplugged...
  18. Bigears

I assume you meant DC at J 809 and J 808. I get less than 10 mV on each, so we should be fine there. I measured 32V at H812 and then 11V after the relay closed, which doesn't seem correct and may explain why the relay doesn't snap closed like it should. Just read your last post. Looks like...
  19. Bigears

The fuse has been replaced and blows immediately on power up. I've got a service manual which has a good schemo of the board and the entire receiver. I also have a DBT. I will do the tests you suggest in post 6 and report back.
  20. Bigears

I do have a schematic. When you say "monitor" the transistor trio, do you mean measure the V at the emitter? I agree that it is most likely a bad capacitor, however the blown 200 mA fuse on the board has me thinking there may be another issue. Do you know the purpose of the fuse F 801? Thanks,.
  21. Bigears

Thanks for your reply. I wasn't concerned with the 25 sec delay but more so with the very weak relay engagement, which clearly indicates to me that something is not right with the P800 board (if the blown fuse F 801 wasn't enough LOL). As a data point, I did test the amp previously with the 4...
  22. Bigears

Picked up a Marantz 2330 with P800 power supply and protection board issues and I’m looking for a little guidance. Receiver powers up, after about 25 seconds protection relay slowly closes, as if it was only getting 75 volts rather than 120, and receiver will not pass a signal, even via pre...
  23. Bigears

YAMAHA NS-1000M drivers cleaning and rufurbishment

The NS-1000's were sold in mirror image pairs, it appears you have to right speakers (the serial number will indicate this). You should have your wood guy fix this before he goes any further refurbishing the cabs. Perhaps remove and flip the speaker baffle on one cabinet?
  24. Bigears

Kenwood L Series Stack on ebay. No takers?

RSL seemed to get a lot of close out merchandise. I remember buying a Kyocera TOTL CDP for dirt cheap in the mid 80's and I went back the next day to get one for a friend and they were sold out at every location. The receipt you have may have been a close out sale as well. The C was an...
  25. Bigears

Kenwood L Series Stack on ebay. No takers?

My Orion shows the MSRP for the L-09M at $700 and the L-07C at $450.
Back
Top Bottom