Search results

1. L

2250B, Part it out or...

I'm happy to say I took the marantz to punkerx here in Flint. He found the problem and fixed it and got her back to me the next day. Running and sounding great!
  2. L

2250B, Part it out or...

Thanks guys. I got in touch with a local tech that sounds like he can squeeze me in. Have to check out the details. If for some reason it doesn't work out, shipping the board might be an option. Thanks for all the help!
  3. L

2250B, Part it out or...

Thanks for the recos guys. I'll look around and see what I can find out. Hopefully I can find someone to bring her back from the dead!
  4. L

2250B, Part it out or...

It was a toss up. I purchased on the forum here. Company out of new york purchased a bunch of marantz receivers and were selling them on the forum. I knew it wasn't recapped but it was cleaned and tested and brought back to spec so I went for it. Who can resist a face like that? :-)
  5. L

2250B, Part it out or...

I could be mistaken on the part he mentioned. He said he found the part on a website out of stock but it was listed at 190. I haven't picked it up yet so this was all over the phone. Anyone have a recommendation for someone in SE MI to get a second opinion? Or is there a better place to ask...
  6. L

2250B, Part it out or...

Hi all. Over Christmas I was enjoying some tunes on my receiver, then got some static, a pop, and then nothing. Took it in to get looked at, and the tech said the power supply was dead. He said that he was having trouble finding one to replace, and that it was a unique Marantz one so he couldn't...
  7. L

2250B Help

Yeah that doesn't sound good. I'm going to have to take it in somewhere this week to get it checked out. Thanks!
  8. L

2250B Help

Thanks guys. I did keep volume low on phone. I didn't notice smoke but I did notice a smell. It's always had a little bit of a smell though, just that old receiver/parts smell. I don't have an amp I can use to plug into to check, at least not easily as all I have are stereo receivers. I tried...
  9. L

2250B Help

Hi Everyone. I was playing pandora from my phone using the aux input on my 2250B. It played for a while when all of a sudden there was some static and then a pop and now I have no sound going to my speakers. All the lights work, it shows signal when using AM/FM, and the fuse on the back of...
  10. L

Beverage of choice for listening

Quite the variety out there. Great thoughts and glad to know I'm not the only one that enjoys a tasty beverage while listening to some great music
  11. L

Man looks like I am going to have to add some beers to my must try list. Love the single malt scotch too!
  12. L

Love the answers everyone. Keep em comin!
  13. L

Hey all, I see lots of posts about what people are listening to, but have yet to come across what people are drinking as they listen :) So the question goes, what's your drink of choice, adult or otherwise, when sitting down for a serious listening session or to unwind with after spinning...
  14. L

Marantz 2252b knobs

Thanks guys. I suppose what really matters is how it sounds, and it sounds great!
  15. L

Newer records

Hi there. I have a vinyl question for you all. There's the old argument of vinyl being a more pure sound and how the drawback of CDs is compression and reduction in sound quality, and general it's been messed with When I say newer records I'm think of early 90s through today. Most music in...
  16. L

Marantz 2252b knobs

I purchased a marantz 2252b from a seller on the forum. Got it and hooked it all up. It's beautiful to look at and sounds amazing! One thing I have a question on, because I was surprised by it. The bass/mid/treble knobs work fine, no static or noise when turning, etc. However, I was disappointed...
  17. L

Ortofon stylus Question

Using a Philips 212 turntable and set weight based on instruction manual for table. Not verified beyond that. I'll have to track down a protractor to check the angle. When I first put the stylus on I don't think it was doing this, so the stylus suspension sounds suspect at the moment. Just...
  18. L

Ortofon stylus Question

Hi all, I have an Ortofon Super OM10 cart and 10 stylus. Had it for about 2 months with a little use but not a lot. Lately when I've been playing records, I hear a lot more noise coming from the tone arm than normal. Looking closely at it, I swear that the back end of the stylus is touching...
  19. L

FM antenna

Man there's never a simple answer with you guys ;-) Lots of things to try out an play with! As I said before, I will try some rabbit ears and go from there. I do have an old antenna from a cheap boom box I had years ago that's a very thin wire wrapped around a plastic piece and was picking up...
  20. L

FM antenna

Thanks for the info everyone. The antenna would end up being at ground level, not below not above. I'll try the rabbit ears first and see what I get. Wife would never let me do an exterior antenna so hopefully it's not too necessary!
  21. L

FM antenna

Hi there. I have a pio sx-737 and just purchased a marantz 2250b. They are in my man cave in the basement. The room has a full size window to the exterior. I do not have an antenna on the outside of the house Is there an fm antenna that will provide solid reception that I can hook up to the...
  22. L

A/B Speakers

I had no idea that there were headphones that plugged into the speaker outputs. Starting my day out getting hit with some knowledge :)
  23. L

A/B Speakers

Man I leave this thread for a day or so and look what happens! Never ceases to amaze me when I think I ask a simple question and get an education :) That Sansui 7500 is a cool looking unit. Thanks for sharing. The more I ask my "simple" questions, the more I realize how much I don't know and...
  24. L

A/B Speakers

Interesting. Surround sound before surround sound!
  25. L

A/B Speakers

Hi Everyone, Forgive me if this is a dumb question, but I wasn't around in the heydey of most of the stuff discussed on this site :music: It seems that the vast majority of receivers I have looked at have 2 sets of speaker outputs. I was curious of the reasoning. Was it common place to...
Back
Top Bottom