Search results

1. oteixeira

Goodwill/SA/Thrift Store Discussions & Finds

Robbin, It was better then my component Sony single cd from back then, and for that cost, I would have ran out with it. Orlando
  2. oteixeira

I had one of these in ~1994. It was one of the first top of the line pitch controlled cd players for DJs. Way before the scratch master things you see today, and yes, you are missing a DIN cable, mine was 10 foot, since the controls sit in the "coffin" under the mixer, and the player sat in...
  3. oteixeira

Weekly Estate and Garage sale finds (pics)

Yea, I don't really understand collecting tube tvs. If you want, there is about 2 truck loads at my dump each week you can have. VCRs too. Enjoy them, just know you are a rare breed sir!
  4. oteixeira

The absolute coolest record store I've ever been to...

Great selection, new and used, the owner got to know me and picked out stuff he thought I would like. If you asked, he would open and spin a record for you at the front counter before you purchased from them. This is all back in the late 80s-until the mid 90s, not sure it is the same, but...
  5. oteixeira

CL - Finally my own good find post!

As Promised:
  6. oteixeira

CL - Finally my own good find post!

So late last night I saw an ad titled "Stereo Equipment". I clicked the ad, and it had a blurry picture of a stack of stuff. I would not have even emailed but it said "cd changer, 2 turntables, stereo receiver". So I go there today, and for $75 I got: Sony CDP-CX220 200 CD changer Sony...
  7. oteixeira

The absolute coolest record store I've ever been to...

Your basement? LOL Best store I ever went to still exists today, but I moved 500 miles away. I grew up in NJ, and bout a poop ton of LPs at Vintage Vinyl in Keyport on Rt. 36.
  8. oteixeira

Records and alcohol.

I just asked, my LPs don't drink....but I do. :D
  9. oteixeira

Not my best CL find, but still pretty nice...

I swear this is just like those auction storage shows I watch. Someone is salting your area with nice equipment to make your threads looks better. :) On a side note, do you want to adopt a 42 year old boy? I am in good health, just need a cot to sleep on, preferably in the room you store...
  10. oteixeira

Not my best CL find, but still pretty nice...

Now that I have looked at both threads I totally frigin hate you. :( I have never had a day like that, but I used to DJ, so we both know you stole those tables. The other stuff you walked away with was worth the 150 you spent. PS: Did I mention I hate you? I mean, it's a good hate and all...
  11. oteixeira

Thorens TD 125 MKii

Thanks for all the advice. I procrastinated on it a little while I asked on here. Hopefully it will still be there. Orlando
  12. oteixeira

Thorens TD 125 MKii

I don't know the brand of arm, but it looked just like this one: (Please note, this is NOT the exact turntable, but the arm is the same)
  13. oteixeira

Thorens TD 125 MKii

Hey all, So I run a Dual 1225, with a 622 as a backup, and I spotted a Thorens TD 125 mkII. Now, I know everyone is thinking get it now get it now, BUT, it does not have the SME arm on it. It has a straight arm, I am thinking stock. Would you add this to what I have or pass it on? I am...
  14. oteixeira

What TT's do you folks have

I am fliud, what can I say... Right now I am running: Dual 1225 w/ Shure M91ED Dual 622 w/ Shure M97XE and the Technics SL-B2 is soon to be for sale. Best part, I think net-net I am 20 dollars less rich then I was before I did the swapping around. :music:
  15. oteixeira

Shure M91ED

Darn you folks talked me into it. I run an M97 right now and just ebay'd myself an M91ED and an EVG stylus as well.
  16. oteixeira

Based on what you said, I found the speaker to be a Realistic Nova 6. I am guessing if they were both there that would have been my something good. I am not sure I could hit 20-30 in a day if it was my job. You guys are dedicated.
  17. oteixeira

Yesterday I had the morning to myself and hit up 4 goodwill stores. You people never told me the amount of Christmas records I would have to flip through in those bins! Anyway, NOTHING worth buying at all, one store had a single realistic speaker from the 70s (real wood veneer, nice look), but...
  18. oteixeira

Why/when do you play records?

I work from home, and when the wife and son are out, I spin records as nice background music. Keeps me sane, without it the work related tasks might do me in.
  19. oteixeira

Lexicon MC8 as a Phono Pre-Amp?

I use an MC-1 in my living room setup, they are amazing. The way to make it work for a turntable is to have a simple turntable preamp, and feed it into on of the lexicon's inputs. Then make sure that input does NOT use one of lexicon's amazing processors, you just want it to pass through to...
  20. oteixeira

What TT's do you folks have

Right now I have; Technics SL-B2 (backup table for breakdowns) Dual 622 w/ Shure M97XE B&O Beogram RX2 (no cart, I would probably sell it cheap, just can't see spending $150 to get it back into the rotation) Orlando
  21. oteixeira

I hope some AK members went here today

Nice grab on the Blondie and Ramones vinyl.
  22. oteixeira

Pair of SL-1200mk2 turntables with flight case in Lehigh Valley PA

Worth every penny, I sold mine 15 years ago for MORE then this. Someone should jump on this, I would if I had room to set up a mixing table in my house. Orlando
  23. oteixeira

Show us the first record you ever owned.

Bought mine with mommy's money. I was 9, and it was: I messed up the cover with the stickers that it included, then re-did the cover with markers. :no: The record still plays great to this day, love it. First player it was played on was my mom and dad's old console, cool stuff, wish I...
  24. oteixeira

I hope some AK members went here today

Isn't everything at an "estate" sale pre-priced? I thought you walk through and yea or ney on what you see. I hate that, btw, cause when I go, the things I want are always above ebay cost. Kind of sucks. Orlando
  25. oteixeira

Question on new to me Dual 622

Cool, so I have only one option, but at least it is a price point that wont break my little bank to try out this cartridge that I have never used before. Thanks so much. Orlando
Back
Top Bottom