Search results

1. SpicySammich

Solid State Line Stage suggestions please

Thanks, not running balanced but will check it out
  2. SpicySammich

Under budget are two of my favorite words. Sadly not a member of barter town but you have my interest peaked.
  3. SpicySammich

Hello, I am looking for a solid state line stage preamp. Looking for something with great clarity and resolution and great bass. Hopefully something exists like this. No need for a phono stage or DAC or XLR. Just a straight ahead, great sounding line stage. I have a budget (say $3000) but am...
  4. SpicySammich

Preamp seems to eat tubes

Yeah, I muted the thread and spent most If the day spinning records. The new 4024 tubes arrived today but haven’t installed them. Just rolling with the system and try not to obsess And ponder where to go from here.
  5. SpicySammich

For anyone whose heard the Quicksilver Line Stage Preamp and have a recommendation for one that has the same overall sound in the same price range, I'm all ears. Would need 2 pair of outputs (variable) as I run subs. Bonus points for a mono switch and gain below say 14db.
  6. SpicySammich

Their link to their ebay store are gone but I found a place selling them so I will try this out (assuming I have the clearance which I will have to measure). Worst it could do is nothing
  7. SpicySammich

I have 2 sources, one of which is a phonostage (no volume control)
  8. SpicySammich

Its off when not in use.
  9. SpicySammich

Thanks! I will do this tonight and report back
  10. SpicySammich

I will see if I can figure out how to do that without setting myself on fire and report back.
  11. SpicySammich

Thats what I am now investigating. I will take a loss on the Quicksilver when I sell it but am unsure where to go thats not going to kill me financially and sound good. Logically I have been looking at the Odyssey tempest. They come up for sale every so often but I would most likely order from...
  12. SpicySammich

I had heard that when I was researching tube preamps. Though people seem to love it, its hard on tubes.
  13. SpicySammich

First and foremost, thanks for all the replies. Your experience and knowledge is greatly appreciated. Mike has answered my questions and been gracious with his time. His amps are revered for a reason and I believe it to be true. My initial thought was maybe something wasn’t right on my unit...
  14. SpicySammich

Is it possible that something like an isolation transformer to better regulate any power wonkiness would help? Just giving the designer the benefit I suppose...
  15. SpicySammich

Thanks and yes I agree. Thats more or less how it looks inside. I don't know thing one about building one but I would consider it if I could make one to my specs ( 4 variable outs, 2 fixed, low gain. etc) and not set myself on fire. ANother member told he hes at at least 5000 hours so far on the...
  16. SpicySammich

And I've heard someone say that the design can drive the tubes on my particular model so maybe its somewhat sloppy implementation or a decision based on the way it sounds and dumping tubes is just a byproduct of this.
  17. SpicySammich

Its a Quicksilver Linestage Preamp with NOS Mullard 4024's from Upscale. http://quicksilveraudio.com/products/line-stage-preamp/ Schematics are beyond me but I have a multimeter so I can take readings if I know where to go (and not set myself on fire)
  18. SpicySammich

I have a linestage preamp which uses 2 12AT7 tubes. I seem to get 1500-2000 hours and then the noise starts getting bad in which its time to replace. In the last couple of years thats 2x a year. The builder of the preamp said thats normal but everyone else said its not and the manual for the...
  19. SpicySammich

What Record Are You Hearing Now?

Concrete Blonde Bloodletting
  20. SpicySammich

21. SpicySammich

It’s part of a larger scene. I’ll get a pic
  22. SpicySammich

Cannibal Corpse The Bleeding
  23. SpicySammich