Search results

1. G

Best brush for wet cleaning

My okki nokki brush fell apart so I'm looking for a new brush for wet cleaning. What would you guys recommend?
  2. G

Lets see your rise time

1ns/div 10mV/div into 50ohm. Pulser is a 125ps tunnel diode.485risetime by particleman7 posted May 18, 2018 at 6:56 PM
  3. G

Dual 1219 motor lesson.

I learned the hard way not to over-tighten your dual motor after lube and reassembly. I noticed some motor noise after the motor heated up. I had to go back in and disassemble the motor again this time taking care to just snug it up. I used calipers to measure each side to ensure each side was...
  4. G

1000x stereo issue

When switching to stereo there is an obvious reduction in volume on the right channel I attached images of 1khz feed to aux and the difference between stereo and mono at the speaker. Any ideas? I have replaced several dead transistors on the driver amp and tone control board. This is not...
  5. G

Finally got to listen to the Dual 1219

Phono cables finally came today set it up with a new stylus. She sounds wonderful. Not being an audiophile this is the best music I have ever heard.
  6. G

2240 r708 and r709 per manual

Im adjusting the phono amp per the manual and its telling me to adjust r708 and 709 trimmer. Im wondering if they are meaning 408 and 409? Anyone have this piece of equipment? Thanks
  7. G

5000a bias

I checked the bias in my 5000a that I have never used. It read 13 milliamps on both sides. Is there a reason the bias would have been set low? I dont see them both drifting to almost the exact same number. Unless I'm wrong. It does not have the 1040 boards. Played it on FM was all good.
  8. G

SL-1500 tonearm screw size

I lost one of the tiny screws that holds my head shell on. I have no idea on the size. I ordered 2 off the auction site that were for the 1200 but they don't fit. The service manual gives me the part number but no size and the google gives me absolutely nothing. I plan on going to a hobby store...
  9. G

Dual 1219

Finally got around to servicing a dual 1219 I picked up a few years ago. Cleaned out the old grease, re-greased and oiled the deck and motor. replaced the missing steuerpimpel and replaced the cracked and wore out rubber washer. Now just waiting on phono cables and a stylus it has a M55e cart...
  10. G

Rewire Technics sl-1500

I'm getting ready to rewire my sl-1500 tonearm. Where does the black litz wire run to? Its not connected to the tonearm/headshell screw. I plan on just soldering the new wire to the old and fishing it through.
  11. G

8080db dolby cap and pin

I have been gone awhile but still into the hobby even more now :) Finally got around to capping and pinning my dolby board. Here is the deal. I get a tone from one channel and a much weaker tone from the other. Is this a calibration issue? The stereo is obviously using dolby when switched to...
  12. G

Tek 485

I just got a good deal on a 485. one channel will only trigger on .1-.5 changing volts/div to 1-5V or 5-50mV it will not trigger. this is with a 10V sine wave with a 10x probe with the scope set at 1Mohm. The second channel works fine. Anyone seen this issue?
  13. G

Any Quad 4 owners?

My 89 Quad 4. I love this motor its pretty easy to work on and has pretty good power. It has over 200,000 miles on it. I have changed the head twice. The first head was a crappy reman from autozone. The second one was a really nice 086 head from Clearwater Cylinder Heads in Fl. Those guys are...
  14. G

Turn

I just watched episode 1 of AMC's new series Turn. Wow I thought that it was really good. There are very few shows that I am excited about next week but I already can't wait for episode 2.
  15. G

Ar-7

I found a set of Acoustic Research AR-7's for $2 but of course the surrounds are rotted. I see a refoam kit for about $30. Has anyone done these before. Do you think these are worth attempting to refoam?
  16. G

Yamaha NS4 nice match

I have had a pair of Yamaha NS4's for about a year. Tried them on several of my Sansui's they sound ok but I really like the sound of my Optimus 5b's. I hooked the NS4's to a newly aquired Marantz 2240 and they sound like a totally different speaker. Amazing how these things work together.
  17. G

Sonoran dogs

These things are tasty when you are in the mood for some junk food. Wrap a hot dog in bacon and fry it. Top with pinto beans,onions,mayo (I use Miracle Whip) diced tomatos and salsa verde and shreaded cheese all to taste make sure to use a bigger bun than a hot dog bun we use small sub rolls.
  18. G

Marantz 2240 dial lamps

I picked up a marantz 2240 and the dial lights are all out. Im going to replace them with the fuse type bulbs. Could someone tell me if 8V 250mA bulbs will work ok? I was going to use white led but radio shack has none so if im ordering bulbs im just going to order the oem style. Thanks guys
  19. G

G-6700

I picked up a G-6700 today and it has a few issues. It comes out of protection fine, DC offset is good. Plays through AUX with no issues. The issue is when turned to fm there is nothing, no sound at all and the digital screen does not light up at all. Anyone heard of these issues before?
  20. G

Blue esr meter

I put together a blue esr meter and it seems to be working. I am used to being able to double check my test gear with other test gear to verify it is working correctly. Should I assume that if the blue meter is reading the calibration resistors correctly that the meter is working correctly?
  21. G

Dual 1219

Found a near mint condition Dual 1219 today for $14. I played a few songs on some minimus 7's and it sounded better than anything that has ever come out of those speakers, so I'm thinking I found a pretty good sounding TT. I have been using a technics sl-1500 for years now and I love that table...
  22. G

Jvc ja-s44 doa

I just picked up a nice looking JVC JA-S44 amp. It wont come out of protection and it blows the meter fuses immediately when turned on. I knew it would need work as all the fuses were missing and the screws were gone. Im on the hunt for the SM now anyone have any ideas or ever had this problem...
  23. G

Help me identify some stuff!

I found 2 things today and I have no idea what they are. Please chime in if you have a clue.Thanks.
  24. G

DIY gem dandy record cleaner

I have never used a expensive RCM because I cant afford it. I did make a homemade version of the gem dandy and I have to say it works really well. If you cant afford to buy a expensive RCM I highly recommend building your own. It turned very noisy records into pretty silent. This nozzle is...
  25. G

oscope and sig generator

If you input a signal from a sig generator into the Aux input and check the speaker outputs and the signal is the same on each channel what does that mean? Does that mean both channels are equal volume?
Back
Top Bottom