Search results

1. hakaplan

Troubleshooting Pioneer PL-520

Hi Denverite, got your private message, but searching for PL-520 didn't bring this up for some reason, so I clicked on your postings and finally found this thread. Yes, you have to take it apart. Lock the tonearm in place and carefully tilt the turntable so you can get access to the screws on...
  2. hakaplan

The NEW Grado Hum Database

Grado database has been updated. My apologies to all my old friends and to those who have attempted to contact me with questions or with database entries. The database is still in operation and continues to be updated. For the fastest inclusion in the database, please PM me. Thanks.
  3. hakaplan

Grado database has been updated. My apologies to all my old friends and to those who have attempted to contact me with questions or with database entries. My health is fine, but life has thrown me some curve balls which I'm trying to deal with. I'm continuing to maintain the database and hope...
  4. hakaplan

I do appreciate the report, but since your tt is unique, I really cannot add this to the database. The whole purpose is for others to see if a particular Grado can work with their tt.
  5. hakaplan

Grado database has been updated. My apologies to all who have attempted to contact me with questions or with database entries. Been busy trying to survive.
  6. hakaplan

For anyone trying to PM me, my inbox was full. I apologize for the inconvenience. It is cleared and you can continue to PM me your Grado hum reports. Thanks.
  7. hakaplan

Technics SL-1300 w/ Shure HT9ES

I'd love to see what this cartridge/headshell is. Could you post a picture?
  8. hakaplan

Cartridge Alignment

Different geometries use different null points, which will position the cartridge differently, as all the folks have correctly stated. The Dennesen protractor uses Baerwald null points. Sony uses Stevenson. The Sony 49mm shortcut measurement produces Stevenson alignment, and if you turn over...
  9. hakaplan

Measuring for tonearm fit. Will this arm work?

Okay, so you're saying that YOUR pivot to spindle distance is 203.2mm? If so, then yes, using Baerwald the effective length works out at exactly 222mm. You can check any specs yourself in the future...
  10. hakaplan

Denon dp 35f Kaput

To my knowledge, there is no power adapter. It should have a line cord that you just plug in.
  11. hakaplan

Shure cartridge id please

John, that was a symbol Shure used only on the M97xE, just as they used a V on the front of the V15VMR and VxMR. It is not Shure's logo and never appeared on any other Shure cartridge or in their literature. It is a Sanyo, made by whoever made their carts--may have even been Nagaoka, who...
  12. hakaplan

Shure cartridge id please

That stylus doesn't say Shure--that logo on the front is not a Shure logo--and Shure never put its name on any stylus it didn't manufacture.
  13. hakaplan

Pioneer PL-570

It might need an adjustment of a micro switch or some mechanism. Lift the arm off the rest and move it as far to the right as it will go (beyond the arm rest). Holding it there, then try the start/stop switch.
  14. hakaplan

Shure M95-HE Hyper Elliptical

I used an M95HE for years. Top notch cartridge.
  15. hakaplan

Sony PSLX350H or Dual 1257?

The Thorens is fine for $50. Other than that, there were thousands of tts made in the past that were decent, and the odds are slim to none that you'll find any particular model that someone here recommends. Best is to keep looking for models under $100 and then run them by us just like you...
  16. hakaplan

Technics SL-5300

Not much info because they were Technics's first consumer level quartz models and, being the most expensive in the lineup, not that many were sold.
  17. hakaplan

Marantz 6350Q - Question

Read the previous posts in this thread. It's not a guarantee, but odds are just that the controls just cleaning.
  18. hakaplan

Sony Ps-X7 issues

Also deoxit the 33/45 switch.
  19. hakaplan

Technics SL-D3

I doubt you'll need to upgrade the headshell, especially if it's a Technics. For the trouble and expense you'll go to find a questionable replacement stylus for the Acutex, it makes more sense IMO to purchase a whole new cartridge. If you can give us your budget, we can steer you in the right...
  20. hakaplan

Cartridge for a Pioneer PL-41?

Conical stylus and probably tracking between 2 and 3g, so a good match to the arm. I'd guess that Pioneer carts sounded good, but I couldn't vouch for the aftermarket needle: http://www.turntableneedles.com/Needle-623-D7_p_1235.html I think the AT-95HE or SA would be worth a look. If you...
  21. hakaplan

Pioneer PL-550 cartridge ?

Just to clarify, the red AT-3400 uses the same body as the AT-95. The red stylus is the entry level conical, and it might well be worn, or even if not, Pfanstiehl styli are aftermarket and run hot and cold. Lpgear sells elliptical, hyperelliptical and Shibata (line contact) styli which will...
  22. hakaplan

ID this turntable...

That's exactly what I used. I was so happy to receive it so I could finally play stereo albums. And 1972--what a great year for music...and K-Tel! :banana:
  23. hakaplan

1st turntable! MCS 6205

Most new cheap tts are absolute junk. Your MCS is a Technics in disguise and while not an award winner, is still miles above anything new. As long as the music sounds clear, then the cartridge is fine--Technics made some very nice ones. The turntable is p-mount, meaning that the cartridge...
  24. hakaplan

Yamaha YP-D8 TT vs. YP-D4 TT

We can't tell you current tt values. You tell us what they're asking and we'll tell you if it's a good deal or not.
Back
Top Bottom