Search results

1. hakaplan

RIP Mary Travers

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5i0Lq0ucnPygdqSUIrWSoM5pge2AgD9AOOVA04 That makes three celebrity deaths today. Always loved the music of PP&M, and her rendition of John Denver's "Follow Me," is one of my favorites.
  2. hakaplan

Budget Phono RCA Cables Interconnects Comparison

Budget Phono RCA Cables Interconnects Comparison My original intent was to test 15 cables for phono use, but since new ones are cropping up all the time, I'll just keep adding them as I test them. I rated them overall from 1 to 10 based on overall sound quality, including soundstage...
  3. hakaplan

Anyone using RCN? (Or another ISP that is blocking email?)

For some time now, I have not been getting emails from sites I've subscribed to. They're health and politics sites that routinely send newsletter type emails. Then, about a month or two ago I stopped receiving email notifications from AK when I've been PM'd. Grumpy told me the emails were...
  4. hakaplan

Shibata stylus for AT-3600

Yes, you read that right. http://www.turntableneedles.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=11099 I'm pretty sure JICO is making all these new Shibata styli. This is an indication that vinyl interest is on the rise thanks in large part to AK, no doubt. Clearly the mfrs and dealers...
  5. hakaplan

Phillies Win World Series!

I know this should be in the sports section, but it's kind of special. I rarely get to brag about my city--there's rarely anything to brag about. I remember watching the '80 world series and being the only one in Washington, DC at the time who cared. I can't believe how long ago that was...
  6. hakaplan

4,000th record!

Actually it's my 4,000th post, but I had to make it relevant to the forum. :D That's all. Back to business. :music:
  7. hakaplan

RCA Interconnects on Pioneer PL-570

This is hardly a comprehensive thread, but rather just some pictures of where the RCA cables are soldered in on a PL-570 (first model with the s-arm). Member Rex Everything had requested these, so I thought I'd post them for everyone. These are the Petra video component cables, solid core...
  8. hakaplan

Help with speaker ID

Picked up three of these at a garage sale. Any idea what these are and/or when they date from? Is "RS" Radio Shack?
  9. hakaplan

MonoPrice vs. Petra RCA Cables

Okay, I tested the Monoprice budget Video Component Cables and compared them to the Petras. Here are the product links: http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?c_id=102&cp_id=10235&cs_id=1023501&p_id=320&seq=1&format=2 http://www.sjgreatdeals.com/pet10-5010.html Equipment: Pioneer...
  10. hakaplan

Sony TC-230 R2R question

Take up spool is not moving in PLAY (FWD). I opened up the front panel. The capstan motor is working fine. Small idler making firm contact with a black plastic ring on the take up spool. Right above (or in front of) the black ring is a brown ring against which the brake pad presses to stop...
  11. hakaplan

Happy Birthday, avguytx!

Have a good one! :beerchug:
  12. hakaplan

Happy Birthday, www.records!

:yippy:
  13. hakaplan

Happy Birthday, Divotdog!

Mel, it's a pleasure having you here. Have a great day, my friend! :beerchug:
  14. hakaplan

Happy Birthday, Aage!

Have a great day! :beerchug:
  15. hakaplan

Happy Birthday, SoCal Sam!

There's plenty of thread here to weave an individual birthday wish--no need to share. Have a tremendous birthday, Sam! :banana:
  16. hakaplan

Happy Birthday, Duffinator!

Hey, Duff, great having you around. I enjoy your turntable input (be it MM or MC :D). Have a spendiforous birthday!:beerchug:
  17. hakaplan

Happy Birthday, Holst!

I don't believe in group birthdays. Everyone else gets his own post, and you guys deserve them, too, whether or not someone's had too much overhang :D. It's funny, Holst, you were born in 1957, the biggest baby boom year, and because of that us baby boomers were forced into some situations...
  18. hakaplan

Happy Birthday, dshoaf!

David, have a great day! :beerchug:
  19. hakaplan

Happy Birthday, jazzwolf!

Hey jazz, welcome to Club 51! Hope it's an enjoyable day. :banana:
  20. hakaplan

RCA Dimensia Turntable

Picked up this turntable at a garage sale for $5. This was a new one on me. The actual model number is MTT135, a DD linear tracker, which came with a respectable AT142LP cartridge. Googling it I found info and specs rather easily: http://www.cedmagic.com/museum/dimensia/mtt135.html Does...
  21. hakaplan

Happy Birthday, Ultra-Hog!

Hope it's a good one! :banana:
  22. hakaplan

hakaplan

Although I've been a member for just over a year, I've never formally introduced myself here and thought my 2000th post would be a good time. Unfortunately I lost track, so I'm a little over. I'm a dentist and my ultimate goal is to be able, through the miracle of miniaturization, to inplant...
  23. hakaplan

Happy Birthday, ekmanning5!

Ed, you're catching up to me. Hope you have an enjoyable day! :beerchug:
  24. hakaplan

Happy Birthday, SuiDog!

Hope it's a good one filled with all the stuff you like. :music:
  25. hakaplan

Happy Birthday, Jack Lord!

Hey, Mr. Lord, Danno, Chin, Kono and the rest of us wish you Hau`oli la hanau! :beerchug:
Back
Top Bottom