Search results

1. MattTCG

Expansive soundstage in a headphone

The hd800 is king of sound stage regardless of price. This includes stats. IMO of course.
  2. MattTCG

Fisher 500c cabinet rebuild questions

I guess a material with a courser (more spacious) would help with airflow and heat reduction. I found a couple of potential materials. I'll check them out once they get here and post the results.
  3. MattTCG

Christmas comes early @ the Mid Atlantic FISHER Museum

Just ran across this thread and I have a Fisher 500c. My channels are reversed with headphone use. What's up with this?
  4. MattTCG

Thanks guys. I'm looking high and low for the grill material. Just haven't found the perfect material yet.
  5. MattTCG

I'm in the design process of building a new cabinet for my 500c. I've found another thread here that did help considerably. Dimensions and a basic schematic of the cabinet is done. I'd like to get some suggestions on where to source the grill material for the top of the cabinet. Alternately...
  6. MattTCG

Comfortable Headphones on a budget?

If you are really going for comfort and enjoyed the warmth and bass from the Koss, then look no further: Sony ma900. gL!!
  7. MattTCG

Merry Christmas to me!

That Fisher is straight gorgeous!!
  8. MattTCG

So I'm In For a Little Work... SX-1250

What do you all suggest for cleaning materials? I've a got an sx-1280 that needs a similar internal cleaning.
  9. MattTCG

Should I return my Beats Christmas gift?

If it were a shirt, sweater ect...I would not return such an item. This is something "she" likes and would like to see you wear and would think looks good on you. Beats? Return 'em, no question. They are some of the worst hp's that I've ever heard. So unless you are a massive basshead take them...
  10. MattTCG

1050 and 1250

I've had several of the Pioneers. The only one that I've owned that fits in a normal rack is the 850 line. Everything past the 850 just won't fit into any rack (store bought).
  11. MattTCG

Koss PortaPros for a 15 year old?

Take the drivers off that ugly headband and buy the parts express headband and you're in business. This is my own personal setup for portable.
  12. MattTCG

Classed up my headphone stand.

Kinda spooks me.
  13. MattTCG

First proper headphone setup, what do you reckon?

I love the marantz!! but was never into the Grado. The receiver will pair well with the Grado though as it has a warm tube sound. If you like it, that's all that matters.
  14. MattTCG

IEMs for classical music

Personally I love the vsonic gr07 mkii for classical. There are a few that are better for sure, but really can't be beat at the $150 price point. gL!!
  15. MattTCG

new to me fisher 500c

I'd love to hear your impressions on the sound from the fisher. What speakers are you using ect... thanks..
  16. MattTCG

Bought a new pair of headphones last month...

Any connection issues or problems with smooth playback?
  17. MattTCG

Just ordered Audeze LCD-2s today :)

Congrats on the lcd2's. I have heard them before and have a pair on order. They should be here Monday or Tuesday. Also very excited!!
  18. MattTCG

Pioneer Bass and Treble Adjustments

Even without the dual adjustments, Pioneer have wonderful bass. Goes very deep with nice weight and impact.
  19. MattTCG

Help: Pioneer SX-1280, Why the voice is so light when phono input?

Looks very nice. Letting my sx1280 is one of the depressing transactions of my life.
  20. MattTCG

The Pioneer "ELITE" Gear Thread!

I got the same player from a friend for free. I've had it about a year and it sounded great until the right channel quit playing.
  21. MattTCG

Pioneer SX-1050 / SX-1080

And what would the other features be?
  22. MattTCG

SX-1050 Low Output

If it sounds like the "mute" is on when it isn't, then the evidence suggest that you have a pre amp problem.
  23. MattTCG

My Newly Built Crack Headphone Amp

Get the hd650...fantastic with the amp you've built.
  24. MattTCG

Can't decide Sennheiser HD 650 or HD 700's

I have owned both hp's that you mention. The hd650 is more suited to my taste and the one the I've kept for years. It will all come down to your preferences though. 650-smooth, darker, sweet mids, good mid bass 700-airy, brighter, better soundstage gL!!
  25. MattTCG

**Pioneer sx-1050 channel out**

Based on advice from members here and my own research, I've decided to use Terry Dewick out of Nashville TN to do a restoration on my sx1050. thanks...
Back
Top Bottom