Search results

1. exhippy

Corvette fans - amazing photos

My Dad worked there in the summer months from the early '50s till the mid '70s (not the Corvette line.) He was a teacher and GM/Fisher Body would hire them during their summer months off. We passed the GM plant every Sunday as a kid on our way to church in North STL. From our home in Florissant...
  2. exhippy

If McIntosh didn't exist, what brand would you be loyal to?

Donations being accepted for a new Audio Research REF 6SE preamp. I'd like to thank all that donate...:D
  3. exhippy

I'm stepping down

Job well done! Thanks a million. ...and a continued... HAPPY LISTENING!
  4. exhippy

It appears the new Jeep Grand Wagoneer will have a McIntosh start

I've been waking up every morning for awhile wanting this McIntosh stereo...
  5. exhippy

I'm back after quite a hiatus - got me some new wheels :-)

That's what everyone is saying, Ford got tired of people buying old Foxbodies and dropping-in a LS motor. That, and it cost probably 3 times what it cost to build a LS with aftermarket race parts. You are correct when it comes to size. The headers on my 4.6 Cobra barely pass the starter (and...
  6. exhippy

I've seen (and read.) too many younger people thinking these cars are fast as hell from the factory and then they get their butts smacked out on the road. Sure, it gets-up and goes when the tiny turbo kicks-in, but that doesn't last long. Factory rates only 252hp. Even if that is a underrating...
  7. exhippy

I have to ask... Is your first name Mark? Mine is. If yours is I'll explain why I asked.
  8. exhippy

Never knew that Ford offered other engines in other countries, interesting. Ford Focus in the States has always been the Mazda four cylinders. I went from a bought new 2006 two door Focus hatchback to this bought new 2016 Focus ST turbo 6-speed manual (automatic trans. not available in ST...
  9. exhippy

Today's Rock and Roll Playlist

Just picked this up. Rory! Just four years before he died.
  10. exhippy

What song is stuck in your head today?

Halloween marathon over the weekend. I stupidly watched 5 episodes in a row... Please, remove this from my brain!
  11. exhippy

MC452 LIGHTS OUT!

Trigger Cable. unplugged it / plugged it back in. Now it works like a champ! I'm using the PS Audio BHK now. I go back-n-forth with the C52. I checked first, but both ends were 'in' before I unplugged.:dunno: Thanks guys for the responses. I know I haven't been around in a l-o-n-g time and...
  12. exhippy

MC452 LIGHTS OUT!

Anyone with a MC452 have the meter lights refuse to come on? Common with these units? Hours are probably lower than average for age. I did simple stuff... unit on and off a few times. rotate knob back-n-forth. unplug unit, wait, plug in. Dance in circles rubbing my stomach (that was alcohol...
  13. exhippy

A big fat bird

COOL! Like Lou Reed sang... "those were different times"... .
  14. exhippy

Norfolk and Western 2156 going back to St. Louis

I'll check it out later this summer.
  15. exhippy

I have a small ball bearing problem

Small ball problem... OH! never mind...
  16. exhippy

Oil Filters

ON: Hand tight. Fire-up MIG welder. Couple of one inch passes on opposite sides. OFF: Fire-up Plasma Cutter. Grinder for clean-up. :D
  17. exhippy

MCINTOSH MC2300 VS MC452

My 452 pumps the 15 inch woofers in my JBL's just fine.:thumbsup:
  18. exhippy

I jumped in with both feet and ordered an MC452 from Audio Classics

Congrats! Very nice amp. Very capable, but... now, I want a set of MC611 blocks... this sh!t never stops! :D
  19. exhippy

What the.....!!??? Why?

I'll give'm $48.95
  20. exhippy

FOR THE OL' MOPAR DRAG RACE FANS...

The video cuts-off at the end with Keith still talking...:dunno:
  21. exhippy

FOR THE OL' MOPAR DRAG RACE FANS...

I thought you said "Snarky comment withheld"
  22. exhippy

JBL L100 Century Speaker Grill Peg Hole Locations

You should post on the Lansing forum. Lot's of JBL knowledge over there. Out of curiosity, how many holes do you have on the backside of the grill? Can you get a pic or 2? I bought these new in '78, but they're L100a's. I assume they're the same. I have JBL replacement brown cloth because of...
Back
Top Bottom