Search results

1. rayj

What CD are you listening to? What CD Player?

Sgt Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band on my 6 CD changer of the Monsoon Sound System of my 2000 B5 Variant
  2. rayj

Sony tc 353 Tapecorder

Well I did my research and found out that my mic is 350 ohm, and inputs to the Sony tapecorder are 600 ohm*. This falls far short of the guideline of “input impedance of the Tape deck should be 5 x output impedance of the mic”**. *600 ohm spec comes from the tc 252 manual which looks almost...
  3. rayj

Sony tc 353 Tapecorder

The microphone inputs are mini jacks. Are these inputs compatible with mics of the larger size, ( sorry, I don’t have better spec on what I want to do ) like a Sennheiser with XLR interface. Of course I’d need to adapt from XLR to 1/4 inch phono jack to mini jack to input my sennheiser to the...
  4. rayj

Sony 252D

My first R2R. I picked it up at a tag sale for $5. On power up, I heard the rumble of a motor inside. With a tape loaded, I turned to play and nothing happened until I gave it a push and it started playing and all was well. Nice to know that on rewind, the motor shuts down when the tape runs...
  5. rayj

12SQ7 GT

It used to take a long time and then play but now there’s not even a sound coming out of it. Looks like I need a better method of troubleshooting than just replace and hope.
  6. rayj

12SQ7 GT

The other tubes are 35Z5 and 50L6 GT. More accurately, the 12SQ7 has a glow inside but does not have the light at the top that the other 2 have
  7. rayj

12SQ7 GT

My portable record player has 3 tubes. The 12SQ7 GT has no light as the other 2 do. Would it be likely that I need a new one? And would a 12SQ7 do ( minus the GT ? ). I see plenty of the 12SQ7 on eBay. Thanks
  8. rayj

LET AK DO THE HEAVY "LISTENING"!!!! (music experts needed!)

I like to sell used records , and CD’s online as a hobby. I just sold this one never having listened to it or even heard of it. I’ll give a listen before I send it on. Xymox – Twist Of Shadows
  9. rayj

What “Hounds of Love” was this one doubles (trebles, quadruples???) down and more. Virtually entire HOL plus new I was not aware of. Really rocking out. I’ve heard some of her other and they’re pleasant enough.
  10. rayj

During a recent home refurb, I decided to find some new tunes to help the time pass so i got on HOOPLA, the library take out service and punched in Kate Bush who I was a fan of for Hounds of Love. So I tried her “Before The Dawn” and have been listening to it ever since. Her music doesn’t get...
  11. rayj

What I learned on Craigslist

I’m dying for a good music player I can load myself without internet. IPhone and IPad is out of the question. I’ve been using an old Samsung phone which has its own problems but it does have the micro SD. Questions please if you will: How do you load songs onto the IPOD, by cable? Is the User...
  12. rayj

Dirt Track Date , Southern Culture On The Skids ,
  13. rayj

Django and Jimmie , Willie Nelson and Merle Haggard
  14. rayj

THE CIVIL SLINGERS , from the discard pile at local library , combination rockabilly / surf guitar driven
  15. rayj

Through my Dell’s DVD drive to Audacity to Sony STR 130 receiver to KLH Model 6 speakers
  16. rayj

On my Blue Ray DVD player to Vizio tv . I was killing time at the library and spotted this which intrigued me back in ‘19 when it came out. It’s the style of his I like and I’m a fan of soprano sax. “My Favorite Things” still a favorite.
  17. rayj

Sony CDP C322M All were given away at my local library. First 2 have some listenable tracks typical of him. The title track on the third one was appealing Django and Jimmie by Willie Nelson and Merle Haggard on my VW Monsoon car CD player .
  18. rayj

Reviewing CDs that my library is giving away. Again on my Sony 5 disc player. Dan Wilson (who I didn’t know of course ) was pretty good. I assumed he was a brother of The Beach Boys Wilson’s. I had picked up a lot of theirs last year which were ok. And I got this one too just for who he was...
  19. rayj

Mal Waldron —— You, the Night, and the Music , 1984 , Pro Jazz label On my GW Sony 5 disc player
  20. rayj

Play my Own music on Apple IPhone

Thank you all for all the replies. Plenty of food for thought there. Back to streaming, to me it means a service to subscribe , and pay a monthly fee. My music preference now is 1 or 2 albums by the same artist, music I own, and nothing else. I think streaming services value come from suggesting...
  21. rayj

Ok thanks. I just searched my phone for iTunes and it does not have. The info I’m getting refers me to Apple Music whose hype on the App Store states I’ll have access to 75 million songs etc. etc. I’m going to tread carefully here. I feel like I’m back to square 1 . My iPhone 6 SETTINGS menu...
  22. rayj

I don’t have a Mac. I assume iTunes has a Microsoft version. So then how do I transfer the files to my phone? Thank you for the excellent info!
  23. rayj

You’re right, instead of SIM I meant the microSD. I want to walk and listen at the same time. Thanks. I walk the back country so the music must be in my device. Actually, this comes up because I want to buy something which is available on CD, fine but I’m going to compare to see if it’s...
  24. rayj

I own a lot of music in .wav and mp3 and don’t care to have a streaming app. My ideal is to play my music on my IPhone. But I’m not keen on transferring my digital files and don’t know of any music playing apps. I use an old Samsung phone right now by loading the SIM and using its music player...
  25. rayj

Ordering caps for guitar amplifier

Well done, I appreciate the info. Thank you! Editted to say: the non-polar cap has 1 lead longer than the other. Would there be a preference for the + point in the circuit? Thanks
Back
Top Bottom